Hacking ok i have a 4gig sdhc card and a regular gig and my question is..

legendss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use the 4gig sdhc cause i hear it works but it could have problems
so should i just stick with the regular 2gig?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
If you look, there's a thread confirming 16GB Micro SDHC cards work. So you're 4GB certainly will.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Briankealing said:
There's theoretical SDHC support.

Just keep in mind that normal SD cards are the most stable.

what do you mean by theoretical? are you talking about untested volume sizes like 16gb+? the acekards contain a very real sdhc slot, and akaio has been coded and tested to work with sdhc. i'm not sure what is theoretical about that.

-another world

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
/sign

I'm going to buy a new greater sdhc card for my ak2i
biggrin.gif
- I love it - 4GB in the dsi in the right side for playing music and +XGB at the top in my flashcard. Reaaly nice at all
smile.gif

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Briankealing said:

It's not theoretical. Acekard has full support for SDHC and so does AKAIO. Do you have proof that normal MicroSD cards are more stable? My 8GB Class2 Sandisk work just as well as my 1GB Kingston. The SDHC's are actually faster too. Around 5MB write /17MB read vs 3MB write/10MB read.

tokenwizard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.
I have the AceKard 2i and a 4GB SDHC Card and no matter what I try I get a "System File is Missing" error. However, when I setup my 1GB card EXACTLY the same way, it works fine. Anybody got any ideas? I'm using the official 4.16 firmware.

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm using an 8GB sdhc card with 0 problems, it works perfectly, i almost got a 16GB but I didn't want to spend the extra money
laugh.gif
so i can confirm that at least up to 8GB works, but 16GB has been confirmed in other places as well

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tokenwizard said:
Yeah, I know many people have had success all the way up to 16GB. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not.
wink2.gif

I suggest formatting your 4GB with the panasonic sd formatter software, then setup the 1GB the way you are supposed to and make sure it works, if it does then simply copy the files from the 1GB to the 4GB (if you can't do it directly then obviously put the files in a folder on your PC first then go to the 4GB) and try again

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Briankealing said:

what do you mean by theoretical? are you talking about untested volume sizes like 16gb+? the acekards contain a very real sdhc slot, and akaio has been coded and tested to work with sdhc. i'm not sure what is theoretical about that.

-another world

Of course it works.

I'm just saying that the higher capacity you go, the less stable things may become. I don't think the AK has a PERFECT sdhc support - but its pretty good.

tokenwizard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Panasonic Formatter did the trick! Very strange. I had already tried formatting with both Windoze and my Linux box. Wonder what is so different about the Panasonic formatter?

Anyway, thanks for the great advice!

Kaoz360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i'm using a sandisk mobile ultra 4gig class 6 micro sdhc with my acekard and it works very well with no problems so far,all roms play well with no lag and it roughly writes at about 13 - 15 meg with very good read speed

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tokenwizard said:
The Panasonic Formatter did the trick! Very strange. I had already tried formatting with both Windoze and my Linux box. Wonder what is so different about the Panasonic formatter?

Anyway, thanks for the great advice!

no problem, glad i could help
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one