WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I bought the new Metroid (retail cartridge) and was playing it on my main regular N3DS. I have an older N3DS XL lying around and I wanted to see how that game looked with bigger pixels, so I put the cartridge in the N3DS XL and the game asked for an update. I don't remember what exact softmod that 3DS had, system version was an older 10.X something and the SD card showed a /rei folder, so it might be an older ReiNAND/AuReiNAND version. No idea if A9LH was installed.

Since it wasn't my main 3DS, I thought the worst thing that can happen is that the softmod gets overwritten. So I let the game install the system update and ever since my 3DS won't turn on, with or without an SD card. Come to think of it, I think I recall a bricking risk when updating from cartridges. I messed up, right?

Edit: So I digged in the contents of the SD card and it seems system version was 10.6, with A9LH installed. I also have a NAND backup. Is there anything I can do to unbrick this?

Edit 2: Thanks to this post, my 3DS came back to life. It wasn't bricked afterall. All it took was to replace the existing arm9loaderhax.bin with a newer one that supported the system version the game installed.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

fenderjaguar

Trophies
XP
Country
No offense, but sounds like very schoolboy errors, especially since you can hardly be described as a noob when it comes to this.

Time for NTRboothax?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought the new Metroid (retail cartridge) and was playing it on my main regular N3DS. I have an older N3DS XL lying around and I wanted to see how that game looked with bigger pixels, so I put the cartridge in the N3DS XL and the game asked for an update. I don't remember what exact softmod that 3DS had, system version was an older 10.X something and the SD card showed a /rei folder, so it might be an older ReiNAND/AuReiNAND version. No idea if A9LH was installed.

Since it wasn't my main 3DS, I thought the worst thing that can happen is that the softmod gets overwritten. So I let the game install the system update and ever since my 3DS won't turn on, with or without an SD card. Come to think of it, I think I recall a bricking risk when updating from cartridges. I messed up, right?

Edit: So I digged in the contents of the SD card and it seems system version was 10.6, with A9LH installed. I also have a NAND backup. Is there anything I can do to unbrick this?
With a NAND backup you should be able to recover. First try to boot gm9 via luma payload and restore the backup. If you can't, then use NTRboot.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He doesn't need a NAND backup, he needs a CFW that can actually boot 11.3 (or whatever version Metroid cart has).

Easiest solution is Luma 7.0.5.

Download it, replace arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD with it.
Thanks. I replaced the old arm9loaderhax.bin with the new one and my 3DS came back to life. It seems it wasn't bricked afterall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii