Hacking Oh no...

denieru7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why did I know this would happen?

I've been removed access to the unofficial firmware site. Guys, we screwed up, and it was all my fault. I'm not getting anymore updates, nor are any of you guys. I knew this would happen.

Dammit.

Insufficient privileges
Sorry, [email protected] does not have permission to view this page. Please verify you are using the correct account, or contact the site owners.

cry.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damnit it was r4 and tt users only chance they had darn it why the fuck cant they just forget about ndstt.com with those fucking chinese idiots who lick their socks all day and when a new update comes... steal it

r0man

Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you email Ashley and co before you go crazy blaming yourself. Stuff like this happens from time to time, server trouble and what not.

They did give you permission to distribute it, so argue your point.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denieru7 said:
Why did I know this would happen?

I've been removed access to the unofficial firmware site. Guys, we screwed up, and it was all my fault. I'm not getting anymore updates, nor are any of you guys. I knew this would happen.

Dammit.

Insufficient privileges
Sorry, [email protected] does not have permission to view this page. Please verify you are using the correct account, or contact the site owners.

cry.gif
We need to get you a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Why? Because you're panicking. DON'T PANIC. There's no reason to panic. In fact, I'll give you two reasons not to panic:

(1) All you're seeing is a permissions error, which can be caused by almost anything. So what? If it's not a general server error, then it means your permissions to access their private shit have been removed. It doesn't mean they'll never release a new update for the DSTT community, it just means you don't get to "beta test" their WIP hacks any more.

(2) Let's say for a moment that this does mean they're going to stop releasing hacked updates to the general public. In that case, they're douchebags who have trouble accepting reality. Their absence is going to create a vacuum, and the next major game that comes out that won't work on these flash carts because of anti-piracy code will pretty much guarantee that somebody else will step up to fill the vacuum and fix the problem.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
r0man said:
I think we should make a community effort to make our own firmware based on TTMENU for it, depending on Ashley+company doesn't seem like a good idea.

May I ask what Ashley and company want?

Do they want money for their work? Do they want their piracy hacks to exist in an internet-less vacuum where things don't spread like wild fire?

Obviously they are part of the DS hacking community if they've done this much work for it, so they know the nature of files spreading from one tiny BBS to every free filesharing site and IRC channel available. If they honestly think their temper tantrums and demands will hold DSTT users "hostage" until they get whatever recognition they demand, they are delusional and the entire community is better off without them.

r0man

Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
Ashley+co just want ndstt.com to not distribute their work, that's pretty much it.

'Tis why I suggested we the users fix the firmware up ourselves lol, cause they we could publish them freely and not based on what Ashley+co want.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
r0man said:
Ashley+co just want ndstt.com to not distribute their work, that's pretty much it.

'Tis why I suggested we the users fix the firmware up ourselves lol, cause they we could publish them freely and not based on what Ashley+co want.
I agree with the point where we make our own.
tongue.gif
Problem: We don't know how and possibly we don't have the sources. (idk does ashley just mod the ttmenu.dat?)

You know once you put it on the internet it will be everywhere.

S

sumarth

Donato_Dobango said:
r0man said:
I think we should make a community effort to make our own firmware based on TTMENU for it, depending on Ashley+company doesn't seem like a good idea.

May I ask what Ashley and company want?

Do they want money for their work? Do they want their piracy hacks to exist in an internet-less vacuum where things don't spread like wild fire?

Obviously they are part of the DS hacking community if they've done this much work for it, so they know the nature of files spreading from one tiny BBS to every free filesharing site and IRC channel available. If they honestly think their temper tantrums and demands will hold DSTT users "hostage" until they get whatever recognition they demand, they are delusional and the entire community is better off without them.

they are actively contributing by doing what they have done so far
they deserve recognition
but as i said earlier in a previous post, they cannot stop ndstt.com from putting their files on the ndstt.com sitr
not to defend those @#$%ers at ndstt.com, but how do you think the ndstt.com original team felt when they got their clone killing "fake-killer" disabled
so they turned the tide and now they are copying others

i know this sounds like a guy with a cyclods, but really, if you care so much, get a m3 - its only 18-21 $ USD on dealextreme.com

r0man

Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I made a post asking for help from anyone who has any know-how in programming on a DS, to see if I could pick some stuff up from them.

I too think that Ashley+co should get credit, but I don't think they should harm the DSTT scene just to spite ndstt.com.

Also, I really don't want to get a new flash cart. I like my DSTT and I also like (and most likely I'm the only one who does) TTMENU. Haha.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
No, I love TTMenu, too, since it was the first menu I've used on a DS.

What more recognition could they want than one of the biggest DS/GBA/Wii forums announcing whenever they publish work?

What they are asking for (to not have their work, which is based on the work of the NDSTT guys, stolen by the same guys they stole from) is unrealistic and a little arrogant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...