Oh no...

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by denieru7, Dec 10, 2009.

Dec 10, 2009

Oh no... by denieru7 at 11:43 AM (3,005 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. denieru7
    OP

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Why did I know this would happen?

I've been removed access to the unofficial firmware site. Guys, we screwed up, and it was all my fault. I'm not getting anymore updates, nor are any of you guys. I knew this would happen.

Dammit.

Insufficient privileges
    Sorry, infolib.dat@gmail.com does not have permission to view this page. Please verify you are using the correct account, or contact the site owners.

[​IMG]

2. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Meh, all it means is that you or us wont know before anyone else thats all

3. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    So you didn't have permission to distribute the firmware then?

4. denieru7
    OP

Member denieru7 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I thought I did... I tried my best to understand their english..
    Look at http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/.... its already been uploaded there =( You can tell its mine because it has the password protection....

THIS IS MY FAULT.

5. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    read my reply instead of whining FFS

6. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Why do they even care if DSTT will put there firmware on there website? Does it even matter?

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    damnit it was r4 and tt users only chance they had darn it why the fuck cant they just forget about ndstt.com with those fucking chinese idiots who lick their socks all day and when a new update comes... steal it

8. r0man

Member r0man GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why don't you email Ashley and co before you go crazy blaming yourself. Stuff like this happens from time to time, server trouble and what not.

They did give you permission to distribute it, so argue your point.

9. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Yeah make a new id and ask about it
    i saw the changelog and damn there almost as fast as akAIO

10. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    denieru7, did you upload it to gamewiki.jp or a Japanese person? I have my Supercard DSONEi or my Acekard2i or my M3i Zero for playing the newer ROMs with SC DSONEi being my favourite.

11. odinthegreatone

Newcomer odinthegreatone Member

Canada
    Like above poster said, its quite possible it is server problems. It happens.

12. twit21

Member twit21 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We need to get you a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Why? Because you're panicking. DON'T PANIC. There's no reason to panic. In fact, I'll give you two reasons not to panic:

(1) All you're seeing is a permissions error, which can be caused by almost anything. So what? If it's not a general server error, then it means your permissions to access their private shit have been removed. It doesn't mean they'll never release a new update for the DSTT community, it just means you don't get to "beta test" their WIP hacks any more.

(2) Let's say for a moment that this does mean they're going to stop releasing hacked updates to the general public. In that case, they're douchebags who have trouble accepting reality. Their absence is going to create a vacuum, and the next major game that comes out that won't work on these flash carts because of anti-piracy code will pretty much guarantee that somebody else will step up to fill the vacuum and fix the problem.

13. r0man

United States
    I think we should make a community effort to make our own firmware based on TTMENU for it, depending on Ashley+company doesn't seem like a good idea.

14. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    thats not good......

15. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    May I ask what Ashley and company want?

Do they want money for their work? Do they want their piracy hacks to exist in an internet-less vacuum where things don't spread like wild fire?

Obviously they are part of the DS hacking community if they've done this much work for it, so they know the nature of files spreading from one tiny BBS to every free filesharing site and IRC channel available. If they honestly think their temper tantrums and demands will hold DSTT users "hostage" until they get whatever recognition they demand, they are delusional and the entire community is better off without them.

16. r0man

United States
    Ashley+co just want ndstt.com to not distribute their work, that's pretty much it.

'Tis why I suggested we the users fix the firmware up ourselves lol, cause they we could publish them freely and not based on what Ashley+co want.

17. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    I agree with the point where we make our own. [​IMG] Problem: We don't know how and possibly we don't have the sources. (idk does ashley just mod the ttmenu.dat?)

You know once you put it on the internet it will be everywhere.

18. sumarth

sumarth Newbie

they are actively contributing by doing what they have done so far
    they deserve recognition
    but as i said earlier in a previous post, they cannot stop ndstt.com from putting their files on the ndstt.com sitr
    not to defend those @#$%ers at ndstt.com, but how do you think the ndstt.com original team felt when they got their clone killing "fake-killer" disabled
    so they turned the tide and now they are copying others

i know this sounds like a guy with a cyclods, but really, if you care so much, get a m3 - its only 18-21 $ USD on dealextreme.com

19. r0man

United States
    Well I made a post asking for help from anyone who has any know-how in programming on a DS, to see if I could pick some stuff up from them.

I too think that Ashley+co should get credit, but I don't think they should harm the DSTT scene just to spite ndstt.com.

Also, I really don't want to get a new flash cart. I like my DSTT and I also like (and most likely I'm the only one who does) TTMENU. Haha.

20. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No, I love TTMenu, too, since it was the first menu I've used on a DS.

What more recognition could they want than one of the biggest DS/GBA/Wii forums announcing whenever they publish work?

What they are asking for (to not have their work, which is based on the work of the NDSTT guys, stolen by the same guys they stole from) is unrealistic and a little arrogant.