Hacking Oh no...

S

sumarth

Donato_Dobango said:
No, I love TTMenu, too, since it was the first menu I've used on a DS.

What more recognition could they want than one of the biggest DS/GBA/Wii forums announcing whenever they publish work?

What they are asking for (to not have their work, which is based on the work of the NDSTT guys, stolen by the same guys they stole from) is unrealistic and a little arrogant.

have they specified why they have done (what did they do?)

pm me if something interesting happens, i dont have a dstt anymore so im not in this forum much, but im still interested

r0man

Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, to sum it up for you the DSTT team stopped releasing new firmwares. Then some people came 'round and 'hacked' the firmwares so that newer games would work. Then the DSTT team posted a download link to the unofficial firmware on their site, claimked it as their own, and put fake killer in it.

And now a new version has been released.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Would it really die?

It'd be a bit more inconvenient, and some games won't work for it, but in terms of major releases I was able to play Might & Magic and Spirit Tracks before I installed this firmware, as well as Grand Theft Auto and Chrono Trigger in the past.

These firmwares definitely help in terms of getting around Ubisoft's extremely paranoid AP, but they also seem to just be a collection of fixes you can gleam from following this very forum. Like the fix for "4354 - Umihara Kawase Shun: Second Edition - Kanzenban (JP)." If you follow the thread for that here you can see after a slight debate on whether the game was bugged or AP'd, a hex edit for it was posting pretty quickly.

r0man

Trophies
Website
www.r0man.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I thought of that. Most of the unofficial releases just seem to patch everything that the release group cracks.
But there are some things (like DSi 'enhanced' games) that imho took too much effort to get working (it took away my precious TTMENU, it did!)

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Plus, as far as we know, Ashley and Company won't make any future updates. I'm sure the next time they release one, we'll get wind of it just like every other site got wind of this post and reposted it without a password within minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte