Hacking oh my.... amazon..

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Well... um... this will attract alot of attention being on a big ticket site.

Oh and as for being submitted by another user.... check an actual item. This is for the M3 Simply which is a clone of the R4 DS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zappies-M3-SIMPLY-...89287502&sr=1-1

Note the "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk." next to Availability. This means you are buying from Amazon direct and not using Amazon as a middle man to get it from a third party. The same applies to the G6 DS Real right below it on the search results list.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... um... this will attract alot of attention being on a big ticket site.

Oh and as for being submitted by another user.... check an actual item. This is for the M3 Simply which is a clone of the R4 DS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zappies-M3-SIMPLY-...89287502&sr=1-1

Note the "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk." next to Availability. This means you are buying from Amazon direct and not using Amazon as a middle man to get it from a third party. The same applies to the G6 DS Real right below it on the search results list.

Wrong. It's being sold by Zappies through Amazon.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually Jumpman he's right. (click on "5 used and new", it shows Amazon clearly in that list as the £28.99 seller) The "by Zappies" line is the manufacturer name, Amazon's product pages are a mash-together of pieces of information submitted by multiple sellers so whoever created the page must've guessed who the manufacturer was from their supplier's name.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Are the cards actually illegal? That's the real question. I remember this whole debate when the flash2advance came out for GBA and lik-sang were forced to stop selling them. As they can all be used for homebrew apps and code, doesn't this make them legal, like the max media launcher is legal, but it can also be used to boot ROMs?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the cards actually illegal? That's the real question. I remember this whole debate when the flash2advance came out for GBA and lik-sang were forced to stop selling them. As they can all be used for homebrew apps and code, doesn't this make them legal, like the max media launcher is legal, but it can also be used to boot ROMs?
It's not illegal until you use it to play roms.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Actually Jumpman he's right. (click on "5 used and new", it shows Amazon clearly in that list as the £28.99 seller) The "by Zappies" line is the manufacturer name, Amazon's product pages are a mash-together of pieces of information submitted by multiple sellers so whoever created the page must've guessed who the manufacturer was from their supplier's name.

Then explain why amazon.co.uk is listed as the shipper? If it was created by an individual seller (i.e. marketplace seller) then it would usually have their name (or alias) as who it is shipping through. I've seen this where even the Target store chain sells some stuff through Amazon.com. It is very possible that Amazon got the information incorrect and/or the page was originally created by another individual but since then amazon.co.uk has begun shipping the item themselves.

You should really take a second peek at it. The last entry is an entry that only amazon.co.uk could of added themselves and has the 28.99 price on it.

Now then about Zappies. It turns out that Zappies is both a distributor and a store so Amazon.co.uk may be getting their stock from them. I couldn't really say for sure. However I can tell that both the M3 Simply and the G6 Real is being shipped from Amazon.co.uk warehouses if the buyer really wants it from there.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually Jumpman he's right (click on "5 used and new", it shows Amazon clearly in that list as the £28.99 seller) The "by Zappies" line is the manufacturer name, Amazon's product pages are a mash-together of pieces of information submitted by multiple sellers so whoever created the page must've guessed who the manufacturer was from their supplier's name.

Then explain why amazon.co.uk is listed as the shipper? If it was created by an individual seller (i.e. marketplace seller) then it would usually have their name (or alias) as who it is shipping through. I've seen this where even the Target store chain sells some stuff through Amazon.com. It is very possible that Amazon got the information incorrect and/or the page was originally created by another individual but since then amazon.co.uk has begun shipping the item themselves.

You should really take a second peek at it. The last entry is an entry that only amazon.co.uk could of added themselves and has the 28.99 price on it.

Now then about Zappies. It turns out that Zappies is both a distributor and a store so Amazon.co.uk may be getting their stock from them. I couldn't really say for sure. However I can tell that both the M3 Simply and the G6 Real is being shipped from Amazon.co.uk warehouses if the buyer really wants it from there.
Um I'm agreeing with you
happy.gif
I was telling Jumpman that you are right (the person he was talking to). If you read the rest of my post I've said exactly the same thing as your reply, sorry if that wasn't clear.

(Slightly pointless fact but I know how "individual sellers" look on Amazon, I work for one
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-