• Likes 1

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Foxi has a tendency to legitimately hate on everything at one point or another. It's sort of his thing ya' know. Non-biased destruction is what I call it. :)
I think he just hates on things other people circle jerk to really. Maybe he has something against circle jerks?
Have you ever been to an art gallery where people flock around this one painting that looks like they stole it from a 5-year old's finger painting class? That hideous blob which really isn't art, but due to the pretentious audience and the circumstances is considered art?

I'm this guy who's in the back, pointing, laughing and yelling "This is not art. Just so you know, guys!".

There are certain monumental games that deserve the recognition they get, games that shaped the industry, games that are, in a way, masterpieces of their time - Quake, Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy. Those games you may like or dislike, but you acknowledge them and the way they shaped their respective genres. Those games brought something relevant to the table, something that will last.

There are also semi-decent games people wank about because they don't know any better or because the circumstances were right. Can't blame them, anyone can get caught in that trap. I can point and laugh though. ;)

And just on the side note - I don't hate Xenoblade, it's an okay game if not a tad boring. What I hate is when people religiously defend any game, and on the temp it's always Mario, Xenoblade or Pokemon. Those games have flaws - all games do, and people should get used to the fact that they can be criticized. Don't get your panties in a bunch, they're just games.

Reactions: WhiteMaze
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Have you ever been to an art gallery where people flock around this one painting that looks like they stole it from a 5-year old's finger painting class? That hideous blob which really isn't art, but due to the pretentious audience and the circumstances is considered art?

I'm this guy who's in the back, pointing, laughing and yelling "This is not art. Just so you know, guys!".

There are certain monumental games that deserve the recognition they get, games that shaped the industry, games that are, in a way, masterpieces of their time - Quake, Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy. Those games you may like or dislike, but you acknowledge them and the way they shaped their respective genres. Those games brought something relevant to the table, something that will last.

There are also semi-decent games people wank about because they don't know any better or because the circumstances were right. Can't blame them, anyone can get caught in that trap. I can point and laugh though. ;)

And just on the side note - I don't hate Xenoblade, it's an okay game if not a tad boring. What I hate is when people religiously defend any game, and on the temp it's always Mario, Xenoblade or Pokemon. Those games have flaws - all games do, and people should get used to the fact that they can be criticized. Don't get your panties in a bunch, they're just games.
Why is that when you dismiss Xenoblade as a boring game, anyone else who thinks of the game as a masterpiece or simply enjoys it is wrong. Different people have different tastes.

To use an example, I think Gravity Rush is mind-numbingly boring, tedious and has horrible combat while you adore the game. It would be wrong for me to simply dismiss your opinion as wrong, though. Perhaps certain aspects of that game appeal to you as a gamer while they don't to me. Like I said, different people have different tastes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I did mention that the game is alright, albeit a bit boring in my opinion. My major point was that it did not bring anything groundbreaking into the genre and is unlikely to make an impact on JRPG as we know it, hence treating it like a godsend is a bit much. Everybody to their own tastes, all I'm saying is that I don't see a reason why anyone would religiously worship it. Gravity Rush is not a game-changer either - it's reminiscent of Nights, even Mario 64 flying sections, which both in turn were groundbreaking.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's the best "attack defend skill" rpg on the wii. slow and a bit boring at first as stated a million times before. but it's alright.

there's only like 3 traditional style rpg games total on the wii so being "the best RPG game on the wii" is really not that big of a deal.

Arc Rise Fantasia, Xenoblade, and ???

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Xenoblade has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.
  • Xenoblade won American Idol using only sign language
  • Xenoblade won the World Series of Poker using Pokemon cards
  • Some magicans can walk on water, Xenoblade can swim through land.
  • Xenoblade can cut through a hot knife with butter
  • Xenoblade and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.
  • Xenoblade once urinated in a semi truck's gas tank as a joke....that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.
  • Xenoblade doesn't flush the toilet, he scares the sh*t out of it
  • Death once had a near-Xenoblade experience
  • Xenoblade is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
  • Xenoblade counted to infinity - twice.
  • Xenoblade can slam a revolving door.
  • When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Xenoblade.
  • Xenoblade > Half Life 2

Xenoblade caused a crack in time.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.