Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

darkshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,

I downloaded the latest retroarch from the retroarch website but it seems like the psp core needs some bios files. Now these bios files have some folder hierarchy and "File explorer - Xbox Device Portal" only allows updating one file at a time, not a folder and there is no create folder functionality that i can find. Am i missing anything? How do you install the psp bios?

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,

I downloaded the latest retroarch from the retroarch website but it seems like the psp core needs some bios files. Now these bios files have some folder hierarchy and "File explorer - Xbox Device Portal" only allows updating one file at a time, not a folder and there is no create folder functionality that i can find. Am i missing anything? How do you install the psp bios?

If you're looking to create a folder or move files around in general I'd recommend looking into a file explorer application for Xbox One. You can use "my file explorer" -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/om18bfrnfbz9g27/MyFilesExplorer_1.1.271.0.7z/file

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Deleted User

ChoroGalaxia000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
does anyone know how to improve the perfomance of nintendo 64 games? some games run really badly on retroarch, is there a way to underclock the n64 in it or something?

i don't care about slow games, i just want the audio not to stutter because it sounds really bad.

Senijox

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Russia
Hi guys! Anyone know how to make enhanced resolution and normal speed of ps1 games? There is no this settings on rearmed core, and beetle psx hw (and not hw) Have very slow game speed. Retroarch 1.8.5 msvc2017 and Xbox one s.

ChoroGalaxia000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys! Anyone know how to make enhanced resolution and normal speed of ps1 games? There is no this settings on rearmed core, and beetle psx hw (and not hw) Have very slow game speed. Retroarch 1.8.5 msvc2017 and Xbox one s.

I think there is a overclock rate thing in the emulator, try lowering it from 100% to 70%. It'll improve audio stuttering and lag issues in alot of games, at the cost of the games being a little slower. For some reason beetle psx hw does not work and falls back to the software version instead. It improved the perfomance for me. Not sure how to raise the resolution without losing perfomance. Always kept at 1x.

SamyKn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if i need a specific bios to run GC games on Xbox one X retroarch?

My dolphin core is there but when i load content using dolphin core it jumps out failing due to read error, same happens to Wii games. i cannot run Wii games with when i tested few.

I have "dolphin-emu.rar" in my system folder which includes lots of folders. I can't create any folder to put it as a folder , should i extract it? I have attached a picture of the content of the dolphin-emu.rar file.

Thx

Last edited by SamyKn,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if i need a specific bios to run GC games on Xbox one X retroarch?

My dolphin core is there but when i load content using dolphin core it jumps out failing due to read error, same happens to Wii games. i cannot run Wii games with when i tested few.

I have "dolphin-emu.rar" in my system folder which includes lots of folders. I can't create any folder to put it as a folder , should i extract it? I have attached a picture of the content of the dolphin-emu.rar file.

Thx
you need dolphin bios to get wii and gamecube to work

bios arnt the emulator as a whole and yes you need it extracted

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mate for comin back , where can i get the dolphin bios pls? :unsure:

Is there any way you can paste here the link?
btw whoever deleted my post dolphin bios arnt bios per say its just emulator files as dolphin doesnt actually use bios as far as i know

cant share bios here

Last edited by dominater01,
Reactions: SamyKn

SamyKn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
btw whoever deleted my post dolphin bios arnt bios per say its just emulator files as dolphin doesnt actually use bios as far as i know

cant share bios here

Thx mate , one another question:

How can i create a folder in dev mode under retroarch? to be able to play PSP games , retroarch needs a bunch of folder to be copied to system folder but i can only copy files one by one to the system folder.Even when i access the retroarch app via file explorer i can't find the localstate folder :huh::mellow:

Is there anyway for that? I have attached a screenshot of what i see under retro foldr when i access it.
Retroarch.JPG

Last edited by SamyKn,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx mate , one another question:

How can i create a folder in dev mode under retroarch? to be able to play PSP games , retroarch needs a bunch of folder to be copied to system folder but i can only copy files one by one to the system folder.Even when i access the retroarch app via file explorer i can't find the localstate folder :huh::mellow:

Is there anyway for that? I have attached a screenshot of what i see under retro foldr when i access it. View attachment 207092
http://www.mediafire.com/file/om18bfrnfbz9g27/MyFilesExplorer_1.1.271.0.7z/file

SamyKn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
quick one ,

Anybody tried to run PS2 games on Xbox retroarch?
In the list of cores it doesn't show it and when i update my core files it's still no good , i'm running v1.8.5.
should i load the core manually or it's not in the list while it can't run the PS2 games on Xbox :unsure:

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick one ,

Anybody tried to run PS2 games on Xbox retroarch?
In the list of cores it doesn't show it and when i update my core files it's still no good , i'm running v1.8.5.
should i load the core manually or it's not in the list while it can't run the PS2 games on Xbox :unsure:
if its not included it doesnt work

SamyKn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if its not included it doesnt work

Thanks a lot mate , one more unrelated question if you don't mind :bow::bow:

When i check the PPSSPP core information ( i have copied the PPSSPP folder under the system folder) , it prompts ppge_atlas.zim is missing and also shows a required specific hash for it.

Is it something definitely needed to run PSP games? majority of my games don't run except a few :sad::(.

There are some error prompts regarding lang and flash errors but not sure if they are any major.

Thanks heaps

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot mate , one more unrelated question if you don't mind :bow::bow:

When i check the PPSSPP core information ( i have copied the PPSSPP folder under the system folder) , it prompts ppge_atlas.zim is missing and also shows a required specific hash for it.

Is it something definitely needed to run PSP games? majority of my games don't run except a few :sad::(.

There are some error prompts regarding lang and flash errors but not sure if they are any major.

Thanks heaps
i cant post a link to the bios because gbatemp hates it but

these are the files needed for ppsspp on ra

Untitled.png

Last edited by dominater01,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya