Hope all you guys kept the faith :P

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I would much rather have an Xbox One and hack that to use RetroArch, than to sacrifice my Switch to run the same app.

Edit: Setting up and loading homebrew on switch is such a PITA.
It's much easier to get Retroarch running on Xbox one compared to Switch since there is no need to hack the Xbox one, although you could argue reloading into dev mode everytime you want to load homebrew is a PITA ;)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's much easier to get Retroarch running on Xbox one compared to Switch since there is no need to hack the Xbox one, although you could argue reloading into dev mode everytime you want to load homebrew is a PITA ;)

Is it though? I don't own one, but I assume it's a helluva lot easier.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not too bad but it does tend to grate if you do it multiple times a day. Maybe I've been spoiled with fully exploited Consoles? :P

But if you set it to dev mode, and keep it there permanently for RA, then it's a nonissue, no? I mean, I've completely lost faith in the Switch hacking scene and a 100% softmod ever being a reality.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But if you set it to dev mode, and keep it there permanently for RA, then it's a nonissue, no? I mean, I've completely lost faith in the Switch hacking scene and a 100% softmod ever being a reality.
You cant play Xbox one games while in dev mode so you have to reboot back to official mode to play them.
As for the Switch, Is it a pain? sure but its the best we have for now :/

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant play Xbox one games while in dev mode so you have to reboot back to official mode to play them.
As for the Switch, Is it a pain? sure but its the best we have for now :/

I mean, hmm, I just don't know, you can't go online, people get banned, RCM has its own set of risks. There's no good solution like there was on Wii U =/

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, hmm, I just don't know, you can't go online, people get banned, RCM has its own set of risks. There's no good solution like there was on Wii U =/
I have no use for Nintys online functionality, so being banned means nothing to me :P and while its not ideal if I ever did get the itch to play online I could always try the new Xlink Kai with Switch support..

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no use for Nintys online functionality, so being banned means nothing to me :P and while its not ideal if I ever did get the itch to play online I could always try the new Xlink Kai with Switch support..

I just fear that somehow, the connector pins (used with tat RCM dongle), will get damaged/Switch will get ruined, something will go horribly wrong, etc. See, now, if I could somehow get a secondhand Switch, I would definitely be more than willing to use it as a guinea pig :P

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is really why I wanted retroarch on xbox one. You do not need to homebrew your console or risk anything just to run it. This is awesome news and I heard about it on xbox reddit page.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They released it already?
Doesn't look like it, just a video showing progress I think. The vid was just posted on the retroarch discord. :)

Exciting times..

Especially with it running Psx already..

Edit.. looks like this isn't being ported by the retroarch devs but by someone else..
Here's a Link to the guys git..
https://github.com/krzys-h/RetroArch

Many thanks to krzys-h for porting retroarch ;)

Last edited by ploggy,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't look like it, just a video showing progress I think. The vid was just posted on the retroarch discord. :)

Exciting times..

I was about to say, it looks much better already. All I need is to figure out how to speed up my dev mode conversion and this will be perfect. It would be cool if Microsoft allows it officially

Reactions: ploggy

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Exciting times..

it could be cool to play gc or wii on them but i think it wil ltake along

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-