Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

WiltonChatagnier

Trophies
XP
I keep getting an error, when using the patched rom

"The data cannot be read. Turn off the power, remove and reinsert the Game Card, and then try again."

I'm using an R4i Gold Ver 2.0 (From what I've heard, it's an R4i Ultra clone), with Akaio 1.8.6 (It's the only firmware I have found that works properly with the card). Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: My card has the web adress "r4ids.com" on it, if that means anything.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I keep getting an error, when using the patched rom

"The data cannot be read. Turn off the power, remove and reinsert the Game Card, and then try again."

I'm using an R4i Gold Ver 2.0 (From what I've heard, it's an R4i Ultra clone), with Akaio 1.8.6 (It's the only firmware I have found that works properly with the card). Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: My card has the web adress "r4ids.com" on it, if that means anything.

Try this firmware:
http://r4ids.com/index.php/en/r4i-gold-plus-download

WiltonChatagnier

Trophies
XP

That firmware doesn't work on my card. I just tried, but it's not the R4 PLUS card, just the R4 Gold Ver. 2.0

EDIT/UPDATE: Okay, I downloaded the update for the firmware, and activated it. Now the game goes just a little further, then comes up with another error.

"Cannot write save data. Turn off the power, remove and reinsert the Game Card, and then try again."

Once again, thanks in advance.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That firmware doesn't work on my card. I just tried, but it's not the R4 PLUS card, just the R4 Gold Ver. 2.0

EDIT/UPDATE: Okay, I downloaded the update for the firmware, and activated it. Now the game goes just a little further, then comes up with another error.

"Cannot write save data. Turn off the power, remove and reinsert the Game Card, and then try again."

Once again, thanks in advance.

You arer confusing Kernel and Firmware.
Kernel is the system you put on the MicroSD for it to load games(like akaio)

Firmware is the software instaled inside the flashcard that makes it be readed like a original card.
It's common to have firmware updates to make it compatible with 3DS and DSi updates

The last Kernel Update of your flashcard is Akaio 1.8.6a
http://www.r4igold.net/download/v2.0/AKAIO%201.8.6a.R4iDS.zip

WiltonChatagnier

Trophies
XP
You arer confusing Kernel and Firmware.
Kernel is the system you put on the MicroSD for it to load games(like akaio)

Firmware is the software instaled inside the flashcard that makes it be readed like a original card.
It's common to have firmware updates to make it compatible with 3DS and DSi updates

The last Kernel Update of your flashcard is Akaio 1.8.6a
http://www.r4igold.n....8.6a.R4iDS.zip
Yes, you're right. I was confusing them.

I just double-checked, and I have the latest firmware and kernel available, but the problem remains.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, you're right. I was confusing them.

I just double-checked, and I have the latest firmware and kernel available, but the problem remains.

This is error is common when you have a updated system and a unupdated 3DS/DSi.
What console are you using DSi or 3DS?
What firmware version is your console?
It also occurs when your Kernel is corrupted
try installing akaio again on your flashcard.

WiltonChatagnier

Trophies
XP
This is error is common when you have a updated system and a unupdated 3DS/DSi.
What console are you using DSi or 3DS?
What firmware version is your console?
It also occurs when your Kernel is corrupted
try installing akaio again on your flashcard.
Now I have a different problem... My system is updated to 1.4.4, but my r4 is only updated to 1.4.3, and it doesn't look like a new update has come out yet. Thank you for the help, though.

KhuzamZain

Trophies
XP
So
I have a R4iSDHC with the latest firmware of the flashcard and my 3d's firmware version is 1.1 (if that matters)
So I got the right rom (im pretty sure I did) and I started with the ips patch step, I just patched it and then put it in the r4's folder, when I tried opening it up, there was just a white screen
Then I tried it with just the clean rom which didnt work either
Then lastly I tried the YSmenu thingy, which I think I did right (i just replaced the files like it was said to in the how to) but the same thing happened that happened with the ones before, just a white screen
I'm sorry if I missed something :L

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Still no "scene" release yet???
None as of yet. I don't think it really matters though, It is easy to find the rom now.

Hmm, I'd hate to play with a file that may not have been dumped properly, or that might cause save file issues etc, I can't think of another high profile game that has ever taken this long to be released, especially with there being several other dumps out there...Either there is an issue creating a true clean dump of it...all the groups are boycotting releasing it, or something weird is afoot with this game . / I hate that its bothering me so much too...

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Still no "scene" release yet???
None as of yet. I don't think it really matters though, It is easy to find the rom now.

Hmm, I'd hate to play with a file that may not have been dumped properly, or that might cause save file issues etc, I can't think of another high profile game that has ever taken this long to be released, especially with there being several other dumps out there...Either there is an issue creating a true clean dump of it...all the groups are boycotting releasing it, or something weird is afoot with this game . / I hate that its bothering me so much too...

man your over thinking it..... people are lazy, some people have better things to do and some just dont care anymore....

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1