Hacking Official or Waninkoko update ?

superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm currently on 3.3v1 (without October fix) with an old version of HBC and I'd like to upgrade to 4.1 (to have SD menu).
As I want to do the less modification possible on my Wii, I'd prefer using official update but since I'll patch IOS60 maybe I should use Waninkoko 4.1 updater.
That's why I'd like to know what precisely are the differences between an official update and waninkoko update (except for IOS60 patching) ?
I've read in some threads that Waninkoko prevents official patching of some stuff, but I'd like to know what is concerned ?

Note: I've asked the question in an other thread, but as it was not the primary subject, I think it's more appropriate to start a new one.

superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Det1re said:
The Nintendo one patches old IOS to disable trucha, while Waninkoko's only installs IOS new to your Wii.
So that's why guides tell to patch IOS35 and/or IOS36 an a virgin 4.0 Wii (I didn't truly understand why)
Nintendo has surely changed version numbers to the patched IOSes, is there a risk for games that use them to malfunction ?
Well, I'm not sure I'll update now, because I don't really need it ATM. It was just to be up to date.

Thank you anyway!

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just use Nintendo's update, reinstall stuff like cIOS and DVDx, and go!
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about upgrading too. I am currently on 3.4U..I have the Wii soft modded and I also have the Wii Mod Chip(D2Pro version) today I got a notification from the Wii telling me to update to 4.1..on my Wii I have the Backup Launcher, and the Homebrew Channel(I had help installing the soft mod to begin with so I have no idea about these CIOS and stuff like that) on my SD Card I have some IOS on them IOS16.wad, IOS38-64-v3609, IOS53-64-4113, IOS55-64-4633 and IOS249-r7
I assume I have these all installed on the Wii since they are on my SD Card, a few months ago I had an issue with a game not working right now I put in some IOS file(dont remember which one) and the game worked fine. I'd like to update the Wii since it's always good to update but I dont want to worry about the Wii Bricking.
I was reading posts about people who don't have certain things on their Wii before they upgrade and then they have a bricked Wii so I dont want that issue. Just want the simplest way possible to update. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it