Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kiwovo said:
150 way to much..
i would get it for 30$ maybe.
afterall its just a plastic
If softmodding didn't exist, 150 would be nothing compared to the price of dozens of games
This is of course if you pirate, you could also get the WODE and backup bought games...

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so far the only problem with Gamecube support is that, like most other solderless modchips, it has problem playing games that require audio fix. Crash Bandicoot, for example. I don't know if it can be fixed by applying fstfix this time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have one
biggrin.gif

I preordered one when I first found out about them, it works great, but I can't wait for a onscreen GUI.
(Haven't read the review yet, reading now)

EDIT: Well the review says there's an onscreen gamecube based GUI, I haven't seen that. How do I activate it?
ohmy.gif

I don't really want to have to use a gamecube controller, but it's better than the tiny screen.
EDIT2: The RAM option, eh? I thought that was the config area
tongue.gif

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
About multidisc games for gamecube.... During mid-game when you need to switch discs, how does that work?

When prompted for the other disc you press eject on the Wii, the wode then displays the list of games store on the HDD in on the WODE LCD, you highlght the game and press RIGHT to load it. Works perfectly.

If you have an out of region GC game multi disc then when you are swapping discs when you press RIGHT to load the game you have to hold right for an extra second until you see the game load. This is required because teh region patch interfers with the other disc loading and holding right for an extra second has been programmed to fix the issue. (Alternatively you can manually fix by turning off the region patch in the settings of teh WODE after pressing eject and before selecting the second game.)

Holding right for an extra second is a much cleaner and faster way to continue on for out of region muti disc gamecube games.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but the price is pretty painful. I'd probably just go out and buy another Wii, and play around with the software on my launch one. I've really been afraid to do much more than enable the Homebrew Channel on my Wii, I've got several purchased games that I don't want to lose should Nintendo decide to start banning folks.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Call me a sucker for aesthetics, but its just not worth the price to me without a nice on screen graphical GUI like CFG, or USBloader GX.

But even then I could just use CFG or USB Loader GX, for free.

I would also like to know if the same compatability issues we have with Gamecube Loader applies with the WODE. (E.G.: Wind Waker lagging/freezing after using Dungeon map, etc...)

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
2 Things I would need to know.

1) Gamecube audio fix? Is there one?
2) Cheat support for the Wii? Is there a way to use the gecko cheat codes to work?

ForteOmega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look... the price is only about 120 shipped in USD. If there wasn't soft moding then in 3 games you would have broken even. So... those who don't want to soft mod and want an easy modchip with great features can spring 120$ to get a WODE. The price is still better than buying individual games.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
xtrem3x said:
2 Things I would need to know.

1) Gamecube audio fix? Is there one?
2) Cheat support for the Wii? Is there a way to use the gecko cheat codes to work?

1. I have never understood this but I will say that Super Mario Baseball always crashed for me at "Play Ball" on the WiiKey but on WODE it does nto crash.
- I do not believe there is a fix as such for the audio streaming music to play BUT the games should not crash.
- I also thought there were a handful of games worth playing that had streaming audio

The thread to reed from the forum is: http://www.wodejukebox.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=753.

2. Games laod perfectly fine via Gecko so you can use the cheats via Gecko. As this stage no cheat system is built in. Have cheat file setup, Select the game from your HDD that you wish to play, Start Gecko, activate cheat in config (or have it preset to on/yes) and launch the game.

This is the same way I use to load cheats via disc when I had a WiiKey but now I load them via HDD. By using Gecko I can also play out of region Wii games via HDD. on Wii System 4.2 I can also play in region or out of region games via HDD staright from the disc channel

D

Deleted_171835

The WODE looks great. I have the new drive in my Wii so I can't run game ISO's by disc. The WODE looks great. I could have just connected an external hard-drive but this seems like an attractive alternative. I'll even be able to 'virginize' my Wii allowing me to send my Wii to Nintendo in case it breaks without them seeing 'The Homebrew Channel' and other stuff.

Does this work with all Wiis? If the answer is yes, then I'll be sure to purchase this!

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
The WODE looks great. I have the new drive in my Wii so I can't run game ISO's by disc. The WODE looks great. I could have just connected an external hard-drive but this seems like an attractive alternative. I'll even be able to 'virginize' my Wii allowing me to send my Wii to Nintendo in case it breaks without them seeing 'The Homebrew Channel' and other stuff.
Does this work with all Wiis? If the answer is yes, then I'll be sure to purchase this!
Your post reads likes an advertisement, to bump awareness of this product. Bu,t just in case your post is legit: http://www.wodejukebox.com/ For your future reference, all links can be found in OP (like most threads of any topic)!

D

Deleted_171835

Dark^'^Knight said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Your post reads likes an advertisement, to bump awareness of this product. Bu,t just in case your post is legit: http://www.wodejukebox.com/ For your future reference, all links can be found in OP (like most threads of any topic)!
My post is not an ad. Maybe I expressed my 'joy' for the Wode in a way that seemed like an ad. I think it would be obvious that my post is legit considering I've been on GBAtemp for a year with about 1300 posts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1