Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
ForteOmega said:
Does this work on everywii? im new to wii moding

Yes. You can install the WODE on every Wii. Some of the later Wii's however you wont be able to play burnt games on a disc, even with a WODE. But you can still run games from a USB drive regardless.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Great review. Has a few interesting features such as gamecube loading via usb. Bit too expensive for me to consider it. Will just have to stick to usb loader for wii games, and my wiikey for gamecube games for now.

ForteOmega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
ForteOmega said:
Does this work on everywii? im new to wii moding

Yes. You can install the WODE on every Wii. Some of the later Wii's however you wont be able to play burnt games on a disc, even with a WODE. But you can still run games from a USB drive regardless.

Oh thanks, I don't have that new of a wii... I've had it for umm 2 years maybe more. Also does it matter what firmware I'm on? (I'm on 3.4)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ForteOmega said:
Oh thanks, I don't have that new of a wii... I've had it for umm 2 years maybe more. Also does it matter what firmware I'm on? (I'm on 3.4)
I don't have one, but firmware shouldn't matter (on any modchip btw)

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
You say its for non-technical people....

I'm far more comfortable following a few software guides then I am opening up my wii and playing with the hardware....
My thoughts exactly. Well I guess it's nice to see an attempt at dragging people away from soft mods, although I think I'll stick to my soft modded wii for the time being.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ability to load GC games is nice. fast loading and whatnot. dont think the current usb loaders and stuff can load gc games or can they? im out of the wii scene for awhile so i wouldnt know

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kedest said:
currently software based usb loaders cannot run gc iso's and I don't think they ever will
Never say never
smileipb2.png

ninja.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I would like to add, Well done review, but i just typed my opinion

The wode is an easy to instal mod, still you have to know how to open a wii and need to detache and reconnect cables.
My opinion also is, ppl who are afraid of softmodding, will also not open there wii to install a modchip
(I know, i'm better with hardware, then software, i would
smile.gif
)

Anyway, we don't know what the future on softmodding will bring us, same as we don't know what N will do to prevent softmodding/hardmodding
Wode is one of the better (but more expensive) solutions, but you have to open your wii
Softmod is free but you have to mess with your IOS

Ah, whatever, the point is, just do what you think is the best for you
tongue.gif

In the end, when you install WODE, you will ending with also softmodding your Wii, why? because there is TriiForce and Sneek, HBC and all those great emulators (waiting for the next Wii64 emu that can rune GoldenEye!), then you end up with trying USBLoaders like usbloader GX, configurable usb loader or Wiiflow, using your WODE only for GC iso's
smile.gif
, waiting for a FW update that brings options not available to softmodders or options better in wode then softmod if ever?.

I only wanna say, think before you act, look at + and - of both and go with the option you want, if it's only wii and gc backups over usb and nothing else, wode is great
If you wanna go to the homebrew stuff, just softmod your wii

I did a small test, with all my SD carts ready, a clean wii is softmodded as fast as installing a Wode, that is HBC and the needed stuff to get started.
Like said, i ended up installing Wode and after some testing also softmodded it, like my other wii (Launch) is modded with YAOSM and later softmodded, making the modchip useless.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, that GC through USB sure is tempting. To buy or not to buy, because you just know if I buy the next day GC via HDD gets worked out

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
i though ever game i have at it and they all work .. even RVT-R discs..backups....

i like it alot .. very easy to use ...
If you dont want to use the little LCD.. you can put it on the T.V and it will show all the games also . for lazy people to get up and chagne the game

here is my wode ..hehhe
YOn1UoLz.jpeg

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa.. I never heard of this before today. It looks totally awesome.. Someday I'll actually get around to modding one of my consoles one way or another.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have never heard of it. Quality review, very comprehensive! I think the general consensus is that the biggest plus is running gamecube from the HD.
But at $140 thats, uh. steep.

I also believe there's a strict line between those who only care to soft mod and those who would be willing to open their wii up. No matter how "easy" the installation is. I consider myself interested in the innards of things and so forth, but I really wouldn't care to open up my console.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I would get this if it was like $50... even though my Wii is soft-modded.

I don't need it, but it sounds like it would make everything a lot easier.

Agreed. Maybe even $80. But $150 is more than what I paid for my Wii itself lol. Looks kool tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER