Hacking Official firmware or Akaio

geek0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just got an acekard2i and was wondering whether to use the official or akaio firmware, also i have version 1.4e on my dsi and was wondering if it will work ok on that or do i need to use it in a dslite first, i have read lots of information but ive been given differing advise, please help
blink.gif

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can flash it with a DSL. Akaio is the best I would go with that (well I am with that). Plus the AK2i firmware doesnt really update anymore and they suggest AKAIO on their site.

geek0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
swornsecrets said:
I heard that you can update the card to work with the 1.4 firmware but it has to be flashed from a DSL or original DS.

Thats what i read somewhere too thats why i was asking, but i wasnt sure what was meant by flashing it

ok i got the link u left thanks will have a look

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok here's what you're going to do.. USE AKAIO.. its better seriously

-download AKAIO v1.5

-Download this: http://www.ndscardshop.co.uk/Acekard2i%20F...pdate%201.4.rar

-Put the file "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds" on the root of your card then run it! It will patch your acekard so that it will work on 1.4e firmware.

However since, you already have 1.4e you'll need another DSL/DSi to patch your acekard2i...
smile.gif

geek0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou for all your help i have swiped the neighbours dsl lol, i have put the firmware the loader and update onto my sd card and im going to give it a go, just out of interest and this may be another dim question
blush.gif
but why does it need a loader, i had the old r4 card before and that only had the firmware to put on.

Just to let you know it's worked, thankyou so much my son will be over the moon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9