Homebrew WIP [Official] DeltaLaunch

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you modify and use it? No? Someoen just said they look forward to qlaunch source being released so they can modify it, presumably to use on atmosphere. Something Rei and noone else can do with sept.

I was specifically answering to you saying it's not open source. It is.

also to reiterate
But i still feel there is a slight difference between a simple cfw presence check, and keeping an exploit across a range of different devices (other than switch) private, and i want to make sure you acknowledge that.

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. This is the first time I've seen a thread (that isn't a TX thread) turn into a shithole within the first few posts.
what is that for? We don't need you doing the keemstar act, while i was having a discussion with blawar, it just stresses out the whole situation as "drama" where I believe it was not heated at all.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what is that for? We don't need you doing the keemstar act, while i was having a discussion with blawar, it just stresses out the whole situation as "drama" where I believe it was not heated at all.
Page 1 and Page 2 of the thread definitely does tell a different story.

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given how you bargain in, i can understand people being quick to jump to guns, if it is the usual treatment

mars0124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My two cents here: it does come across as dramatic whether intended or not. Especially when someone else pipes into a public forum and you claim that they are barging in: there's very strong negative connotation here.

You're definitely figuring out details and coming to mutual understanding, but it has taken over the entire thread: could you guys maybe bring the conversation into PM form and bring the end results back, or start a thread specific to your discussion? We're all smarter for knowing what you two know, but everyone else is getting muted.

If anyone else would like to pipe in with their successes or problems with this new release I would personally love to hear from you. At the moment I'm ignorant and would love to be less so.

Reactions: Mouser X

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, it indeed got out of proportion, though yea i believe these kinds of discussion should be public. As proof of my acknowledgement, i'll exit this thread permanently, unless it's mostly on topic for deltalaunch.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
I know you did not explicitly state this, but sept is not open source, I wouldnt fault rei at all if he kept qlaunch closed source. Scires really started all of this.

Thats a rather twisted view of history.

You don't think it was people constantly plagarizing his work (for commercial activity too!) without attribution that "started this all" ? Maybe you should reflect on the fact that I have been saying since day one that people like yourself (and others) who constantly plagarize without attribution are causing long-term negative effects for the entire chain (from developers to end users).

Sorry...but I called this a long, long time ago. I told you (and everyone) exactly what the reprocussions were for this kind of toxic behavior. And now here you are actually trying to blame scries for protecting his work?

Thats irony at its finest.

I wish you would take responsibility for once in your life instead of constantly playing the blame game and preforming mental gymnastics to justify your untennable positions. YOU are to personally blame for this kind of behavior. Yes, YOU. You, and xecuter and anyone else who has plagarized atmosphere for commercial purposes.

None of this would even be up for discussion if there werent obscenely toxic and unethical people plagarizing others hard work for profit. You and the people you do business with are the biggest part of the problem. Yet here you are acutally trying to blame the people who are doing the hard work ....its absolutely pathetic.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a rather twisted view of history.

You don't think it was people constantly plagarizing his work (for commercial activity too!) without attribution that "started this all" ? Maybe you should reflect on the fact that I have been saying since day one that people like yourself (and others) who constantly plagarize without attribution are causing long-term negative effects for the entire chain (from developers to end users).

Sorry...but I called this a long, long time ago. I told you (and everyone) exactly what the reprocussions were for this kind of toxic behavior. And now here you are actually trying to blame scries for protecting his work?

Thats irony at its finest.

I wish you would take responsibility for once in your life instead of constantly playing the blame game and preforming mental gymnastics to justify your untennable positions. YOU are to personally blame for this kind of behavior. Yes, YOU. You, and xecuter and anyone else who has plagarized atmosphere for commercial purposes.

None of this would even be up for discussion if there werent obscenely toxic and unethical people plagarizing others hard work for profit. You and the people you do business with are the biggest part of the problem. Yet here you are acutally trying to blame the people who are doing the hard work ....its absolutely pathetic.

You have a reading problem, I never blamed scires for close sourcing sept, that is his right. I am criticizing people who are criticizing rei for doing what scires did, without criticizing scires. People like you honestly. I have no problem with, and encourage closed source software. I really don't know what you are trying to argue here.

Reactions: peteruk and iriez

Jbg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is a dumpster fire lmao
this is what happens on every thread here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

man who cares about what exploit or this or that??? lets see some screens of whats possible with this amazing FREE new release lol come on.... people just wanna argue... there are plenty of other places to handle that beef

Reactions: stitchxd

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
You have a reading problem, I never blamed scires for close sourcing sept, that is his right. I am criticizing people who are criticizing rei for doing what scires did, without criticizing scires. People like you honestly. I have no problem with, and encourage closed source software. I really don't know what you are trying to argue here.

Ok, then I did misconstrue your intentions here. (I think).

Carry on :)

Reactions: blawar

mars0124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally have it installed thanks to the amazing people in the Discord channel. It was a simple matter of copying the 0100000000001000 folder to ReiNX\titles\ and rebooting (after updating to 2.3 of course). No themes set up on mine yet, but it boots and runs.

That said it did crash after sitting left alone for a minute (I'm running 8.0.1). This is exciting. I'd love to see where this ends up in even a couple of minutes time.

Edit: it seems that it's a sleep issue causing the crash. I can force it to happen immediately by putting my switch to sleep.

Last edited by mars0124,

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you did not explicitly state this, but sept is not open source, I wouldnt fault rei at all if he kept qlaunch closed source. Scires really started all of this.

Sept is free, open-source software licensed under the GPLv2. You're welcome to browse its source code here.

It fully complies with all requirements to be considered GPLv2 free/OSS.

That it doesn't meet the standards for GPLv3 is not a disqualification ;)

Last edited by SciresM,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sept is free, open-source software licensed under the GPLv2. You're welcome to browse its source code here.

It fully complies with all requirements to be considered GPLv2 free/OSS software.

CO-CO-CO-COMBO BREAAAKEER!

Reactions: crazy_p

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It fully complies with all requirements to be considered GPLv2 free/OSS.

Sept is not GPL 2 compliant, thus it is not open source:

The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable.

There is no means to actually compile *and* install sept because you do not include the signing key (or even offer to sign people's builds), thus it is not GPL 2 compliant. Nor can modifications be made to sept.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://overkill.wtf/emudeck-2-3-release/