WIP [Official] DeltaLaunch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Reisyukaku, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Reisyukaku
    OP

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    I wouldnt compare sept to this .. I'd compare exo in sysmodules to this.. Originally people called it DRM, but now its used to check versions, etc.. This is the same thing. Custom IPC to change hbl tid, and the odd romfs workaround required this. Plus when i talked to you back a few months ago (way before the 'drm') and tested the code on atmo, it didnt work for some reason so i had that in mind. I think its reasonable that you write the modules with only atmo in mind and im doing the same as this is the direction i wanted to go to distinguish myself from atmo.

2. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    The criticism is not that Delta is closed source, but that Delta has checks to ensure it only runs on ReiNX which is the DRM I spoke of. I agree neither neither project is doing anything wrong.

Edit: already addressed, disregard.

Last edited by blawar, Jun 4, 2019
  3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Nah, I can see you've misunderstood something here, so I'll clear it up. Yes people here are complaining about deltalaunch being restricted to reinx, but I'm not one of them. My post was honestly to inform people and save them effort and/or inconvenience. How I treat you regarding your software and your actions is different, I do that because you're a (e: removed name calling) who is toxic to the scene and the devs & users in it. I don't feel that way about Rei so he and his projects don't get that treatment. Special treatment just for you, enjoy.

Last edited by hippy dave, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

GBAtemp Patron
    Darth Meteos is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    Australia
    Down Under
    jesus christ
    when i made this, i didn't know it'd become this unholy abomination

good work, mate

Philliyxx, Reisyukaku and designgears like this.
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Boneitis strikes again :ohnoes:

Sasori and Fuzzy-v like this.
  6. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    People complain that ReiNX is a clone of Atmosphere, so Rei goes and makes something unique to his CFW and people complain it doesn't work on Atmosphere.

You can't have it both ways, you can't say it's a clone then complain when unique software doesn't work on said cfw.

Just my 2 cents worth

cots, charlieb, AliciaBurrito and 2 others like this.
  7. Reisyukaku
    OP

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    Added some images! (I made this thread at some unholy hour last night so didnt have time :P)

8. AliciaBurrito

AliciaBurrito Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    United States
    Rei's Mommy
    Does this work on Ultrasphere?

9. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Thonk

10. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    I looked at the pictures.

My understanding is delta launch is a custom theme that makes the icons larger when rolled over?

You guys really stretch what is worth arguing over. I get that this release came from an odd place (secret fucking theme code got made public) but other than that what's the difference between this and the jack daniels theme / layout choice. Could this exact thing not be easily replicated by someone interested?

Edit: think reading The first post really clarifies things actually.

Features:
    • Full customization/theming
    • Stand-alone homebrew button
    • And much more!
    ^ that's what the argument is about right? Those 2 features?

Last edited by TheZander, Jun 4, 2019
  11. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    This is a rewrite of the entire menu, whereas theming just replaces xyz files from what I can tell

12. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    I think it's neat that's it handwritten from scratch, if i was a more intellectual creative person i could appreciate that. Being the low down scum bag i am who doesn't care about where code comes from it just looks like a custom theme?

13. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Not just theme, remember this is very early alpha access, From what I can tell there are plans to fully implement sounds and folders down the track

8BitWonder and peteruk like this.
  14. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I don’t think you have to be a high level intellectual to appreciate that re-writing the entire system menu is non-trivial.

15. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    People who don't watch Rick and Morty couldn't understand DeltaLaunch anyways...

hippy dave likes this.
  16. KuranKu

KuranKu I am KranK

Jan 13, 2019
    Israel
    Israel
    @Reisyukaku i was wondering if this Reinx exclusive as built for reinx unick code, or it could be run on atmosphere aswell , my qusetion is why it crash atmosphere ?!
    Sorry for the ping .

17. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere See i would put something here if i knew what to

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    It checks to see if its running reinx on boot
    If it isn't it fatals

18. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    If you've ever tried to make a custom theme for HOS you'd know it's very restrictive and not very easy to change the layout. With this being written from the ground up a proper theming engine is being created to make it easy and flexible, among other things.

19. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 4, 2019, Reason: Already been discussed.
    Jun 4, 2019
  20. ZachyCatGames
    This message by ZachyCatGames has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 4, 2019, Reason: Already been discussed.
    Jun 4, 2019
  21. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by linuxares, Jun 4, 2019, Reason: off-topic.
    Jun 4, 2019
  22. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I mean, didn't tx leak the keys? But whatevs.

23. designgears
    This message by designgears has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 4, 2019, Reason: Reply to deleted posts.
    Jun 4, 2019
  24. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    looks promising but It does need some work. I wish you the best @Reisyukaku (also try to contact @Jbg for work on themeing :D )

Jbg likes this.
  25. designgears
    This message by designgears has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 5, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 4, 2019
  26. Owenge
    This message by Owenge has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 5, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 4, 2019
  27. designgears
    This message by designgears has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jun 5, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 4, 2019