Official Bitch about Wiikey Update

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Man why did I buy a Wiikey? it doesn't even work? it makes my wii louder.
I was so looking forward to play Mario Galaxy and now it doesn't work with WiiKey? Who do they think they can fool? I'm going to call my lawyer, PeeWee, and I'm going to file a suite on team WiiKey! I'm sure in court they'll admit they prolong and creepskip so I'll have them banned from the gathering for atleast 100 hours. That'll teach them the rules, the rules are guidelines judge Judy says. I mean, taking out Josh Groban when 40 mins have past and you've all but destroyed the World Tree. What's up with that?

Now.. I'm going to sleep:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4998/backdoormx8.jpg

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Just throwing this out there, because it's something I'm actually wondering about. Nothing to get all frothy over, but:

The Wiikey team said "we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix."

So that means they already have a fix made and ready. They said they only lack a proper delivery method to update everyone's Wiikey. But the thing I'm wondering is they have already released a Wiikey update so can't they just use the same update mechanic and use it to deliver the fix?

Libo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, what a massive bunch of whiney people in this topic.

1. CycloWiz got lucky. They had already been developing the update for weeks, and it just so hoappened that one of the aspects of the update allowed it to run Mario Galaxy. All they did was wrap it up and release it as a beta.

2. It's been TWO DAYS. No team could possibly come up with a DVD-based firmware update for a new copy protection scheme if they didn't already have a program in the works.

3. The WiiKey has ALWAYS been a more reliable and better-performing chip; nobody really gave a damn about whether or not it got firmware updates because it REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM until now. So quit whining.

4. Play some freakin' Zack and Wiki. If you're going to spazz out because you can't play Mario Galaxy THREE WEEKS BEFORE IT'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT, then you need a life.

WiiKey will have their update. And their chip is the best on the market in terms of quality.

And if any of you got fake WiiKey chips, then honestly you don't have much room to complain.

No, no no, and nope.

Wow. I guess you really got him there.

No need for me to proof anything. Its obvious that what he's saying is a bunch of bull.

He may be wrong about the first 3 but he is spot on with #4. Finishing Zack & Wiki should be a part of the legal system, failure to complete the game results in jail time.

QUOTE(Taras @ Oct 31 2007, 11:26 AM)
For all of you who got sand in your vadges over the Wiikey team, just wash with soap and water. That'll take care of it. Rinse. Repeat and wait a few more days for the fix.

Thanks mate, the sand was starting to become a real problem but now I can take care of it thanks to your advice.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it's the risk you take when you buy mods for pirating
frown.gif
Hundreds of games still work on the WiiKey so you guys still got a pretty good deal.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still feel a bit screwed, but it's not exactly the WiiKey teams fault xD

I primarily got the modchip for one thing: Eternal Darkness.
Wooo, WiiKey was the only chip that didn't have the Audofix, yet xD

But yeah, not their fault. Could've informed myself
tongue.gif

And now they screw me over again with Galaxy. Meh, if the fix doesn't come out till release, I'll just buy the game, easy as that
tongue.gif

Cap'n Daccat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just throwing this out there, because it's something I'm actually wondering about. Nothing to get all frothy over, but:

The Wiikey team said "we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix."

So that means they already have a fix made and ready. They said they only lack a proper delivery method to update everyone's Wiikey. But the thing I'm wondering is they have already released a Wiikey update so can't they just use the same update mechanic and use it to deliver the fix?

Yeah, that's the weird part...

If that was true, it should've been already out. It's taking too long.
I sounds like it was just an excuse to buy them more time.

I just hope they solve whatever the problem is till the end of week,
or else I'll be really pissed.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I just hope they solve whatever the problem is till the end of week,
or else I'll be really pissed.
man the game is out since 2 days, just give them a little time, if they didn´t want to update their chip they just had to say it will not work on wiikey and you have to buy a d2ckey or a new product from them that will be released in the future.
by doing that they could´ve make the most profit.
but they did update their page twice since the game came out, so their care about their costumers and releasing the update ASAP.
i think the main code of the wiikey was never changed during the previous updates, because it was needed to run the update(disc) since its a burned disc. only few things were added or changed (audiofix).
but it seems that they have to rewrite the whole code for smg to work and they haven´t found a solution yet to update the chip with a dvd. or do you want to desolder your wiikey, plug it to your pc with a programmer and edit the code with a hexeditor?

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I think it has more to do with this part of the quote:

"...we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works."

If the new code is quite different from (and therefore incompatible with) the old code, it would stand to reason that the way in which it would be installed to the WiiKey would also be different.

My guess is that since it works differently now, they have to find a way for the new code to basically "format" the WiiKey and install itself as brand new firmware, rather than just being able to install it as a simple update to the existing firmware. That tends to make things a whole lot more complicated. I don't envy that programming task.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the time you install a CycloWiz, the WiiKey update will be out. The only difference being you've got a chance for your CycloWiz to damage your Wii. But hey, impatience is a virtue these days.

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users