Official Bitch about Wiikey Update

DNA7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im new to all this, was having a wiikey installed this week, but after this situation im having 2nd thoughts, thinking going cycowiz instead

just curious if this is typical for cycowiz to updated much faster then the wiikey

also are there any know advantages or disadvantages for the cycowiz over the wiikey?

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
it's DSXtreme all over again

I always got the chip that gets the shaft
frown.gif

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, what a massive bunch of whiney people in this topic.

1. CycloWiz got lucky. They had already been developing the update for weeks, and it just so hoappened that one of the aspects of the update allowed it to run Mario Galaxy. All they did was wrap it up and release it as a beta.

2. It's been TWO DAYS. No team could possibly come up with a DVD-based firmware update for a new copy protection scheme if they didn't already have a program in the works.

3. The WiiKey has ALWAYS been a more reliable and better-performing chip; nobody really gave a damn about whether or not it got firmware updates because it REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM until now. So quit whining.

4. Play some freakin' Zack and Wiki. If you're going to spazz out because you can't play Mario Galaxy THREE WEEKS BEFORE IT'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT, then you need a life.

WiiKey will have their update. And their chip is the best on the market in terms of quality.

And if any of you got fake WiiKey chips, then honestly you don't have much room to complain.

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im new to all this, was having a wiikey installed this week, but after this situation im having 2nd thoughts, thinking going cycowiz instead

just curious if this is typical for cycowiz to updated much faster then the wiikey

also are there any know advantages or disadvantages for the cycowiz over the wiikey?

No, it's not typical. You know why? Because WiiKey has -always- been a better chip. On day 1, the WiiKey had better performance and features overall than the CycloWiz has RIGHT NOW. Quit being such an impatient baby. CycloWiz got their update out because it was ALREADY MADE when this new copy protection came out. They got lucky. That's it.

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the people who are so arrogantly (and stupidly) replacing their WiiKey's for a CycloWiz, have you casually forgotten what CycloWiz is like? A good 20% of the chips burn out. Oftentimes they FREEZE the Wii, and they're buggy as hell. Oh man, they got an update out early... THAT'S quality! No, actually, it isn't. For all we know, that update could be buggy as hell and render people's Wii's worthless some day.

CycloWiz, until two days ago, was a laughing stock of a chip because it's so shoddy.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
wiikey team should release an update right now, because I paid them money to pirate videogames, which I shouldn't be doing in the first place because it's illegal and I should be concentrating on writing my essay about copyright law instead.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

1. CycloWiz got lucky. They had already been developing the update for weeks, and it just so hoappened that one of the aspects of the update allowed it to run Mario Galaxy. All they did was wrap it up and release it as a beta.

2. It's been TWO DAYS. No team could possibly come up with a DVD-based firmware update for a new copy protection scheme if they didn't already have a program in the works.

3. The WiiKey has ALWAYS been a more reliable and better-performing chip; nobody really gave a damn about whether or not it got firmware updates because it REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM until now. So quit whining.

4. Play some freakin' Zack and Wiki. If you're going to spazz out because you can't play Mario Galaxy THREE WEEKS BEFORE IT'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT, then you need a life.

WiiKey will have their update. And their chip is the best on the market in terms of quality.

And if any of you got fake WiiKey chips, then honestly you don't have much room to complain.
you cheered me up

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No, no no, and nope.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No, no no, and nope.

Wow. I guess you really got him there.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No, no no, and nope.

Wow. I guess you really got him there.
No need for me to proof anything. Its obvious that what he's saying is a bunch of bull. WiiKey better performing chip? More reliable? Yes, if waiting 6 months for firmware upgrade that was suppose to come in 2 weeks and having many failing Wiikey's (Check Wii section of this site) is reliable, then yes.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you read the history of cyclowiz users complaints you will see that a lot of cyclowiz's have actually blown out fuses in the wii.
Wiikey has never broken a wii.

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Too busy playing Zack and Wiki, Bioshock, ZeldaPH, Picross, UT3 and Crysis demos

And wiikey sucks

pipesfranco

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If i was working with the wiikey team I would tell them all to abandon the chip and work on chipping george foreman grills or something else because all this bitchin would just make me go slower on purpose just for the fun of it.

They have your money, any updates are a bonus...it worked fully when you purchased the chip so they owe us nothing.

Get some patience.

End of my 10 cents worth!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-