Official Bitch about Wiikey Update

no1r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice one, the wiikey coder was slow,
when i've some src i'll code my own one....
but no,... nothing is opensrc
frown.gif

duros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, what a massive bunch of whiney people in this topic.

1. CycloWiz got lucky. They had already been developing the update for weeks, and it just so hoappened that one of the aspects of the update allowed it to run Mario Galaxy. All they did was wrap it up and release it as a beta.

2. It's been TWO DAYS. No team could possibly come up with a DVD-based firmware update for a new copy protection scheme if they didn't already have a program in the works.

3. The WiiKey has ALWAYS been a more reliable and better-performing chip; nobody really gave a damn about whether or not it got firmware updates because it REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM until now. So quit whining.

4. Play some freakin' Zack and Wiki. If you're going to spazz out because you can't play Mario Galaxy THREE WEEKS BEFORE IT'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT, then you need a life.

WiiKey will have their update. And their chip is the best on the market in terms of quality.

And if any of you got fake WiiKey chips, then honestly you don't have much room to complain.

No, no no, and nope.

Wow. I guess you really got him there.
No need for me to proof anything. Its obvious that what he's saying is a bunch of bull. WiiKey better performing chip? More reliable? Yes, if waiting 6 months for firmware upgrade that was suppose to come in 2 weeks and having many failing Wiikey's (Check Wii section of this site) is reliable, then yes.

What Phange posted is dead on.

Just because people buy crappy clones or fuck up an install doesn't mean the wiikey isn't a solid product. What expertise or experience do you have on the subject apart from "(Check Wii section of this site)"?
hate2.gif
wtf.gif

If you want to bash chips or claim chip superiority based on what you read in forums about another chip then I think you are here to piss on an electric fence.
lecture.gif

Phange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, I've been around the Wii modding scene long enough to know which chips are good, and which aren't. And this whole "I'm throwing my WiiKey out the window for a Cyclowiz" BS is going to yield a lot of VERY unhappy people. Their impatience, and inability to accept the fact that Cyclowiz stumbled into an update that bypassed Mario Galaxy's security check, will just make it all the more annoying when the WiiKey team finally release THEIR update. Regardless of what everyone WANTS to think about the CycloWiz, it's not as good of a chip as the WiiKey. Never has been, never will be. You're foolish to pull out the WiiKey because you didn't get your update on Day 1. Long-term modders know that, unless the modchip dev was lucky or the chip-detection was easily bypassed, it took at least half a week for them to code a new firmware to bypass the problem. That's how it is. Cyclowiz got lucky this time. That's all there is to it. And to take their devteam's suggestions at face-value is far beyond hypocritical given the quality standard they've shown on a day-to-day basis.

If you're so impatient to play Mario Galaxy that you're willing to make up all sorts of crazy reasons why Cyclowiz is better than WiiKey, then go off and buy a Cyclowiz. After all this mess settles, you'll just find out why WiiKey sold so many more chips than Cyclowiz (assuming your Wii is still working, of course).

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, what a massive bunch of whiney people in this topic.

1. CycloWiz got lucky. They had already been developing the update for weeks, and it just so hoappened that one of the aspects of the update allowed it to run Mario Galaxy. All they did was wrap it up and release it as a beta.

2. It's been TWO DAYS. No team could possibly come up with a DVD-based firmware update for a new copy protection scheme if they didn't already have a program in the works.

3. The WiiKey has ALWAYS been a more reliable and better-performing chip; nobody really gave a damn about whether or not it got firmware updates because it REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM until now. So quit whining.

4. Play some freakin' Zack and Wiki. If you're going to spazz out because you can't play Mario Galaxy THREE WEEKS BEFORE IT'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT, then you need a life.

WiiKey will have their update. And their chip is the best on the market in terms of quality.

And if any of you got fake WiiKey chips, then honestly you don't have much room to complain.

I never said its not solid. But its the worst available. Only reason it sells the most is because clones are extremely cheap. Thats all there is too it. and LOL @ people saying "Cyclo team got lucky".
No, no no, and nope.

Wow. I guess you really got him there.
No need for me to proof anything. Its obvious that what he's saying is a bunch of bull. WiiKey better performing chip? More reliable? Yes, if waiting 6 months for firmware upgrade that was suppose to come in 2 weeks and having many failing Wiikey's (Check Wii section of this site) is reliable, then yes.

What Phange posted is dead on.

Just because people buy crappy clones or fuck up an install doesn't mean the wiikey isn't a solid product. What expertise or experience do you have on the subject apart from "(Check Wii section of this site)"?
hate2.gif
wtf.gif

If you want to bash chips or claim chip superiority based on what you read in forums about another chip then I think you are here to piss on an electric fence.
lecture.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
wait just what proof is there that cyclowiz merely "stumbled" onto it? if wiikey are so close to them to know that, then why dont they ask them how its done? personally ive always defended the wiikey team. i've got an official one in mine and recommended it to all my friends. but this is just complete bs. people can say "ohh look at me i wanna play a game 3 weeks before its released" but thats NOT THE POINT. the point is, this is a HUGE problem for wiikey, and they take too long to fix it. If every other game contained this protection from today on out the wiikey would be COMPLETELY USELESS. I don't give a fuck when they take 6 months to make a firmware update that adds nothing that gamecube homebrew couldn't already have done and added a few shitty apps i couldnt give two cents for. But when you have a major problem like this, dont take a year to crank out an update that everyone NEEDS. thats just stupid! very unimpressed.

duros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wait just what proof is there that cyclowiz merely "stumbled" onto it? if wiikey are so close to them to know that, then why dont they ask them how its done? personally ive always defended the wiikey team. i've got an official one in mine and recommended it to all my friends. but this is just complete bs. people can say "ohh look at me i wanna play a game 3 weeks before its released" but thats NOT THE POINT. the point is, this is a HUGE problem for wiikey, and they take too long to fix it. If every other game contained this protection from today on out the wiikey would be COMPLETELY USELESS. I don't give a fuck when they take 6 months to make a firmware update that adds nothing that gamecube homebrew couldn't already have done and added a few shitty apps i couldnt give two cents for. But when you have a major problem like this, dont take a year to crank out an update that everyone NEEDS. thats just stupid! very unimpressed.
Another spazzed out impatient fit.

What the hell dude? Should they have used a time traveling Delorian to go into the future and start working on a fix before the game was out? What proof is there that the cyclo team happened to be working on a fix that solved the problem by chance? Maybe the fact that it came out mere days after the problem was discovered?

Logic is a skill that most people fail to develop.

tech9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure they have the fix flashed on their own wiikeys, its just they can't figure out how to allow flashing to old wiikeys via customers.

My thoughts is they will make some revision or hack to allow you to flash via pc or something of that nature. There will defiantly be a fix, SMG is a game people will go out to buy a wiikey for, or in this case a cyclowiz.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country

Another spazzed out impatient fit.

What the hell dude? Should they have used a time traveling Delorian to go into the future and start working on a fix before the game was out? What proof is there that the cyclo team happened to be working on a fix that solved the problem by chance? Maybe the fact that it came out mere days after the problem was discovered?

Logic is a skill that most people fail to develop.

or the fact that it came out on the day isn't a reflection of a mere fluke but rather the fact that they have some coders ACTIVELY working on their chip ensuring that they are providing a service that their customer base PAID them for. God forbid every time a new protection comes out that wiikey takes a month to counter it. i'm not gonna swap my chip or anything like that, and honestly i don't really have a use for any game but zack and wiki for now. but i'd hate to see this same shit happen everytime there is a new protection.

and surely this "delivery" thing can't mean anymore than a firmware update? you don't see cyclo askin their purchasers to go through some mind boggling upgrade ordeal!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
wiikey is a bunch of god damn morons
et tu, yuyuyup?

You guys realize that with topics like this you're just making the whole of GBAtemp seem a whole lot dumber?
Do you guys like, give a damn about the place? It may have turned into a noob cesspool and internet is serious business and all but damn.

busynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
01/09/07 WIINJA DELUXE & WIINJA DELUXE LIMITED EDITION Upgrade 4 Released !! , Adds SUPER MARIO GALAXY Error 001 Support,Improves DVD9 and rest of medias reading.

congratulation to wiinja deluxe owner

wiikey where is the update ?

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh. And yet more let downs from team Wiikey.

It's not like we expect them to work 9-5 every day. But a solid day or two of working your ass off to justify the millions you've made while sitting on your fat ass isn't too much to ask in my opinion.

Changing modchips tomorrow. Don't give a shit if wiikey puts out a release in 2 hours.

busynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if there is no update for wiikey today
i will go to the mod store here and see if they have wiinja deluxe or cyclowiz
no need for wiikey they are always late and i will never buy anything from them

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i will go to the mod store here and see if they have wiinja deluxe or cyclowiz

Wow! Do you have a modstore around the corner?

*So I'm out to get some bread, milk and vegetables and on my way back I might as well get some fags and a cyclowiz at the mod kiosk*

busynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

*So I'm out to get some bread, milk and vegetables and on my way back I might as well get some fags and a cyclowiz at the mod kiosk*
yes here in Kuwait the game shops sell mod chips and games and fix consoles

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country

I have one too.
tongue.gif

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
maybe we can hope that when open sources chips release their firmware(for someone, firmwares are ready, but they want to wait the galaxy's release date) wiikey team copy them and create it's own firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described