Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Rodders1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MNicholson83 said:
For those interested in a way to play Black and White on the R4i Gold, @yueofmoonlight at the romulation forums has posted some links to download the firmware to get it working. Before I was just getting a white screen, no error codes or anything and none of the patches were working either.

Been playing for about an hour so far, no lock ups as of yet and exp works fine. Will update later if it does happen to lock up. I haven't gotten the c-gear yet, I don't think anyways, can't read Japanese =\ so I can't confirm if it is working or not yet.

Currently running DSi Firmware 1.4.1u and R4i Gold firmware 1.4.1 that @yueofmoonlight provided, I also used the pre-patched roms that they uploaded as well, but they should be using the same patch that everyone else is using.

Link to download R4i Gold firmware
http://www.4shared.com/file/ote6LYTJ/R4i_Gold_v141.html

What I did was backedup my roms and saves, formatted my memory card, extracted the firmware from the download above, copied my roms and saves back over, and attempted to play the game and it finally worked for me. I would try running the games before making the DSi upgrade to 1.4.1u, as some people have been having problems after upgrading, luckily I wasn't one of those. Hope this can help others that have the R4i Gold.

I couldn't get it to work
frown.gif

Anyone else tried this and got it to work yet?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it seems I just wasn't thinking... My issue of not saving was because I didn't delete my last save file lol

Everything seems fine. Thanks for the help and I'll be back if there are any more issues.

MNicholson83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rodders1991 said:
frown.gif

Sucks, what system you using. It works for me on both my DSi and DS Lite. If your on the DSi, did you try upgrading the firmware? If you go to http://www.r4ids.cn/ and download the firmware that's there, it should work on 1.4.1u incase the one I linked to earlier doesn't work after the upgrade. You may try deleting the .sav files that are there already, I just tried to play Black on my DS Lite and it didn't run, but White does. Black booted up after I deleted the .sav file associated with it and let the new firmware build the .sav file.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After turning off the "In-Game Reset" the game works fine for me on wood r4 1.12,the C-Gear freeze is obviously there,but i was thinking that it could be some kind of an incompatibility issue rather than AP,because i connected to wi-fi fine and received the Liberty Ticket(Victini event)with no problems,and also why would the C-Gear work fine on an emulator(from which i transferred the game file to my NDS),but not on my NDS ?I don't think it's an anti-piracy thing,because when you couldn't gain exp,you couldn't do it on both Emulator and NDS,but right now C-Gear doesn't work only on the NDS.

And of course I'm not expert in this,but it's just weird.

kidder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried installing WOOD r4 in my ttdsi, and it seems like work, but when it starts, it request me moonshell 2, then i installed it too, but then it puts in the upper screen alot of letters, and in the lower screen pitch black, and it freezes =(

yagami69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ra1d said:
After turning off the "In-Game Reset" the game works fine for me on wood r4 1.12,the C-Gear freeze is obviously there,but i was thinking that it could be some kind of an incompatibility issue rather than AP,because i connected to wi-fi fine and received the Liberty Ticket(Victini event)with no problems,and also why would the C-Gear work fine on an emulator(from which i transferred the game file to my NDS),but not on my NDS ?I don't think it's an anti-piracy thing,because when you couldn't gain exp,you couldn't do it on both Emulator and NDS,but right now C-Gear doesn't work only on the NDS.
is cause the emu doesn't have any wireless port, and in the DS the game can find the connection so it enable it and does some AP check i guess

llamalord13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this working on CycloDS Firmware v1.59. I used the No EXP. AP patch, then applied the Rudolph Anti-Freeze patch found in the stickied thread (the Black/White section) and it's working perfectly! No freezing and I've played in two sittings, both about an hour's time. Playing on DS Lite.

Rodders1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MNicholson83 said:
Rodders1991 said:
frown.gif

Sucks, what system you using. It works for me on both my DSi and DS Lite. If your on the DSi, did you try upgrading the firmware? If you go to http://www.r4ids.cn/ and download the firmware that's there, it should work on 1.4.1u incase the one I linked to earlier doesn't work after the upgrade. You may try deleting the .sav files that are there already, I just tried to play Black on my DS Lite and it didn't run, but White does. Black booted up after I deleted the .sav file associated with it and let the new firmware build the .sav file.

I made the mistake of updating my DSI firmware to v1.4.1E ... Now my R4I Gold won't load up no matter what firmware I put on
frown.gif

rpyleoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steveice10 said:
Great patch, but when will there be a fix for the freezing C-Gear on Wood R4?

it's passable, when it asks you to use it, click the second option (no) then the first option (yes) and it won't freeze
tongue.gif

Saia_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read that on another Forum, i've tried it with my R4 Upgrade, but it doesn't work ...
Maybe wrong Kernel, I'll try it later, but give it a try! It worked on a N5.

By Naruto456910

QUOTE said:
Okay, those who are using R4 clones follow this little tut I made:

Download R4 Wood for Clones: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221023

Then download R4 Wood 1.12 for original R4: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.0

Take the "Wood For Clones.NDS" from the Wood for R4 clones and paste it on the root of your R4 clone.
Then tale the "_rpg" from R4 Wood 1.12 and paste in the root of your R4 clone.

1. Turn on your R4 Clone click the Wood For Clones.NDS.
2. Go to where your Pokemon Black, White ROM is and press Y and Y again press R untill you see "Features" then go to "Cheats In Game(AR) and turn it to "off".
3. Do the same with "Reset In Game" and turn it to "off".
4. Press Ok 3 times.

Part2
1. Press the Start button and go to settings.
2. Press R untill you see "Patches".
3. Turn off the "Cheat In Game(AR) to "off" again.
4. Do the same with "Reset In Game" again and switch it to "off"

Go to your ROM and press A and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F