• Yes but I stilll need patch to fix freezing

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

MNicholson83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those interested in a way to play Black and White on the R4i Gold, @yueofmoonlight at the romulation forums has posted some links to download the firmware to get it working. Before I was just getting a white screen, no error codes or anything and none of the patches were working either.

Been playing for about an hour so far, no lock ups as of yet and exp works fine. Will update later if it does happen to lock up. I haven't gotten the c-gear yet, I don't think anyways, can't read Japanese =\ so I can't confirm if it is working or not yet.

Currently running DSi Firmware 1.4.1u and R4i Gold firmware 1.4.1 that @yueofmoonlight provided, I also used the pre-patched roms that they uploaded as well, but they should be using the same patch that everyone else is using.

Link to download R4i Gold firmware
http://www.4shared.com/file/ote6LYTJ/R4i_Gold_v141.html

What I did was backedup my roms and saves, formatted my memory card, extracted the firmware from the download above, copied my roms and saves back over, and attempted to play the game and it finally worked for me. I would try running the games before making the DSi upgrade to 1.4.1u, as some people have been having problems after upgrading, luckily I wasn't one of those. Hope this can help others that have the R4i Gold.

Smashmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there any cheat code available for no$gba? because of this blue screen and white message?
r4 sdhc doesnt work now and desmemu works only very slow, so i have no other choice
ohmy.gif

TheBrenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
DonBren said:
nebula91 said:
Don Bren, I also use R4 III Upgrade. My only issue is trying to save. It seemed as if it did so but... it came up corrupted :-/

That's really odd... I wonder why it only works for me... Do you have firmeware 3.11 normally? Did you patch the game with the Universal Patch by Rudolf? EXP patch? That's pretty much what I did...
My firmware is the latest before the r4dsl.net site went down (which I think was 3.13)
It's patched with both I think... I'll take a clean copy and patch it again.

Do you use any specific settings with your Wood Firmware? I had to change the save to 512k for the game to even load :-/

I think mine is 2M/4M

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
DonBren said:
nebula91 said:
DonBren said:
nebula91 said:
Don Bren, I also use R4 III Upgrade. My only issue is trying to save. It seemed as if it did so but... it came up corrupted :-/

That's really odd... I wonder why it only works for me... Do you have firmeware 3.11 normally? Did you patch the game with the Universal Patch by Rudolf? EXP patch? That's pretty much what I did...
My firmware is the latest before the r4dsl.net site went down (which I think was 3.13)

Do you use any specific settings with your Wood Firmware? I had to change the save to 512k for the game to even load :-/

I think mine is 2M/4M
Okay and btw did you use only Rudolph's patch or did you use both patches on a single rom?

Ben232

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, when I open Waoi.NDS, I can't find the Woodr4dldi.nds.

All I see is the icons of all my games, and when I select one, nothing happens.

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Zoroark1989 said:
mary1517 said:
Driftkey said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgDl72Vhn0 dowloading it gonna see if it works feel free to test it out
yaynds.gif
This one doesn't work for me (NDSTT user), still looking for someone to check this one out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqayO3G_AI
Sorry for the link spam, I'm just rly curios if this works, the comments are good

Nope, doesn't work. I went through all of that for nothing. I can't believe there still isn't a no$gba patch yet.
Maybe it is because it's not possible to patch that. Didn't you think it was strange we never see a patch to correct Pokemon Platinum's Underground? Well, it is the same problem here, so you know how possible is it to correct that.

TheBrenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
DonBren said:
nebula91 said:
DonBren said:
nebula91 said:

I think mine is 2M/4M
Okay and btw did you use only Rudolph's patch or did you use both patches on a single rom?

Both.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Ben232 @ Sep 18 2010, 05:48 PM)
Ok, when I open Waoi.NDS, I can't find the Woodr4dldi.nds.

All I see is the icons of all my games, and when I select one, nothing happens.

Dang... someone else said that too... I guess it only works with some flashcarts. I'm sorry....
frown.gif

Rodders1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MNicholson83 said:
For those interested in a way to play Black and White on the R4i Gold, @yueofmoonlight at the romulation forums has posted some links to download the firmware to get it working. Before I was just getting a white screen, no error codes or anything and none of the patches were working either.

Been playing for about an hour so far, no lock ups as of yet and exp works fine. Will update later if it does happen to lock up. I haven't gotten the c-gear yet, I don't think anyways, can't read Japanese =\ so I can't confirm if it is working or not yet.

Currently running DSi Firmware 1.4.1u and R4i Gold firmware 1.4.1 that @yueofmoonlight provided, I also used the pre-patched roms that they uploaded as well, but they should be using the same patch that everyone else is using.

Link to download R4i Gold firmware
http://www.4shared.com/file/ote6LYTJ/R4i_Gold_v141.html

What I did was backedup my roms and saves, formatted my memory card, extracted the firmware from the download above, copied my roms and saves back over, and attempted to play the game and it finally worked for me. I would try running the games before making the DSi upgrade to 1.4.1u, as some people have been having problems after upgrading, luckily I wasn't one of those. Hope this can help others that have the R4i Gold.

Thanks for this. I'm now testing
smile.gif
Fingers Crossed XD

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkZBoy said:
I've been playing for about 4 hours and so, in the 4th gym, no freezes.
CycloDS Evo Firmware 1.59 official.

Bodes well for your fellow Cyclo users such as myself.

Assuming I ever beat the first gym, that is...bloody fire monkey...
hate2.gif

Koyorie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing this on my Supercard DStwo with no issues so far. I applied this patch and since then both games have worked like a dream
smile.gif

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to sound noob, but just checking, there is a supposed way to play on R4 SDHC cards? Patch with Childs Patch and Hex patch? Then use wood right?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems that I have gotten it to save on that Wood firmware on my clone. I changed the save type to 2M and turned off 2 other options (they were above and below each other, one said something about reset....).

So far so good, I'll keep you posted.

Btw, does this make ya the first to get a game to save through Wood firmware on a clone???

touyakun

Trophies
XP
Country
confirming that the hex patch fixes exp and have also had no freezing (2 hours in), and before it i couldnt play it at all.
this is for m3 sakura 1.48 (japanese), and wood r4

TheBrenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nebula91 said:
It seems that I have gotten it to save on that Wood firmware on my clone. I changed the save type to 2M and turned off 2 other options (they were above and below each other, one said something about reset....).

So far so good, I'll keep you posted.

Btw, does this make ya the first to get a game to save through Wood firmware on a clone???

I guess so...
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc