Hacking Odd problem... Firmware?

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an Edge slot1 card with a Patriot 16gb SDHC card, with an EZ Flash 3-in-1+ in slot2. runs great.
However, I've run into a problem recently... Some of my games aren't showing up in the game list.
I know they're there, I can see em on the SD card in my pc, and I can see them with the DSO file browser, but they just won't show up in the EDGE list.
I don't think it is a problem with the games themselves, as some of them used to show up just fine.
It seems to have happened when my card went over the 8gb mark? But EDGE supports up to 32gb, right?
I thought it might be my custom theme, but I went back to default and it gave the same result.
The only thing I can think of is that it is a problem with EDGE.dat... But I reloaded it and had the same results.
Any ideas?

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Dont put more than 100 files in a folder. So if you have more than that make seperate folders.
Hm that makes sense, it does seem like the file browser is chugging with all that crap.
I'll split em up a bit, and try formatting with that tool if that doesn't work.
thanks.

bwillb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Dont put more than 100 files in a folder. So if you have more than that make seperate folders.
Yup, separated my NDS files into folders by genre, and everything seems to be there now. Thanks.

Followup question... I've been using Rominator to flash my nds files and keep save backups... Is there any way I can modify its settings to keep my folder structure intact?

fatbeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About the original problem; I believe it is a restriction of the file system (fat16, fat32,etc...) your microSD is formatted in. You can have only a limited number of files in a folder (the number dependent on the file system used), any more than this limit and you cannot see/access them from the Edge card as you have found out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging