SleepyPrince

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So I used the save editor through EdiZon and it worked great. I used it to increase my level and cash and all worked fine. Until I realised that my EXP in game was no longer accumulating. After each fight the EXP bar would be empty again.
Am I doing something wrong here? Any way to fix it and get EXP counting up in the normal way again?

I also tried editing EXP afterwards and that also made no difference.
Did you edit the character level directly?
What value did you set it to?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Therion was the first person I picked and now he's locked to my party until I beat chapter 4. Does anyone know how I can edit away the lock preventing me from switching him out? Or is there a way to edit which ones are on my active party and which ones are benched?
Will look into that after I finish chapter 4

ctrlaltdelete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Appreciate it!

Just to be clear: you only have to beat chapter 4 with your chosen main character in order to remove the lock. Or so I've been told, at least.

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you edit the character level directly?
What value did you set it to?

I edited the level manually yeah. Set it to 33.

I THINK I've got it fixed now. I boosted the EXP up and took the level way down so after the next fight they levelled up naturally and it seems to be racking up okay in subsequent fights.

SleepyPrince

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Appreciate it!

Just to be clear: you only have to beat chapter 4 with your chosen main character in order to remove the lock. Or so I've been told, at least.
I believe so, I need a save compare to find how it's locked/unlocked, so I will need to finish my chapter 4.

I edited the level manually yeah. Set it to 33.

I THINK I've got it fixed now. I boosted the EXP up and took the level way down so after the next fight they levelled up naturally and it seems to be racking up okay in subsequent fights.
I think I should add a note in the OP that editing the exp should be the way to level up.

Jorx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@SleepyPrince Yesterday night complete the post-game dungeon, I just need to complete some secondary missions to have 100%. Do you want me to upload my save to see if you can extract something else? I also have a backup before completing the dungeon since when you complete it you can not re-enter.

SleepyPrince

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
@SleepyPrince Yesterday night complete the post-game dungeon, I just need to complete some secondary missions to have 100%. Do you want me to upload my save to see if you can extract something else? I also have a backup before completing the dungeon since when you complete it you can not re-enter.
Would be nice to have some before and after saves for comparison, thanks.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I used the save editor through EdiZon and it worked great. I used it to increase my level and cash and all worked fine. Until I realised that my EXP in game was no longer accumulating. After each fight the EXP bar would be empty again.
Am I doing something wrong here? Any way to fix it and get EXP counting up in the normal way again?

I also tried editing EXP afterwards and that also made no difference.

EXP value needs to match the character's level, it doesn't default back to what would be the minimum for a level if you only increase the level. It stays the same low value and will count up in the background until you actually reach the Exp value that fits the level you set.
Since there's no spreadsheet that shows which Exp range is valid for which level, it's a bit of a hit and miss to try it out.
Or you go straight to lvl99, then actual Exp won't matter anymore.
I just occassionally adjust all the other character's values to the level of my main char, and just copy his values. Is more than enough to reach the necessary levels, the game is actually quite well balanced regarding that. I almost finished chapter 3 and my main char is level 42, with chapter 4 requirements being level 45. And I did not a single side quest.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: SleepyPrince

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EXP value needs to match the character's level, it doesn't default back to what would be the minimum for a level if you only increase the level. It stays the same low value and will count up in the background until you actually reach the Exp value that fits the level you set.
Since there's no spreadsheet that shows which Exp range is valid for which level, it's a bit of a hit and miss to try it out.
Or you go straight to lvl99, then actual Exp won't matter anymore.
I just occassionally adjust all the other character's values to the level of my main char, and just copy his values. Is more than enough to reach the necessary levels, the game is actually quite well balanced regarding that. I almost finished chapter 3 and my main char is level 42, with chapter 4 requirements being level 45. And I did not a single side quest.

Ah gotcha. So when my characters were at level 33, my EXP was low and it looked like the level bars kept resetting themselves, it was still clocking up in the background.

Good to know. But hopefully sorted out now anyway that I've bumped the EXP numbers up to what seem to match with their actual levels.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey is it possible to edit the amount of an item?
There are items like "increases the strength of a character" but there are a little bit rare for me, I want to edit them to 99 and pump my party up.

cmcollander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are items like "increases the strength of a character" but there are a little bit rare for me, I want to edit them to 99 and pump my party up.
No not currently. You can contribute by providing save backups at various levels of the item and we can determine which values change between the saves. For example, lets say you have 12 of these items. Take a backup, save as count12.*. Load the game, and use exactly one. Take a backup, save as count11.*. Do this repeatedly and send us the files. We can determine what has changed between these and can hopefully start editing this item!

Reactions: Frexxos

SleepyPrince

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I actually have a script for 010 editor that can help you with editing item amount.
But if you want to boost your stats, you can editing the extra HP, etc

Reactions: Frexxos

philo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't get this stuff to work so.. heh.. I'll just faff about I guess until magic happens.. just wanted to add a little money.. thought I could use a hex editor on pc to just find the money value but.. nope...cool tho..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time