Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was just wondering if it would be possible to use the IOS Downgrader without WiFi.
This would really suit me, cause this way I could help people without the need for a network connection.

Yes, I know, I would need all the ios' on my sd card. That's step 2...

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question. I have wii ver 3.4, and i have it hacked so i can play burned games. What i was wondering was, i plan on buying animal crossing for the wii. Since i already have 3.4 on my wii it shouldn't update correct? Also, will my wii be fine playing this game if i decide to downgrade my firmware?

D

Deleted User

Munchi said:
quick question. I have wii ver 3.4, and i have it hacked so i can play burned games. What i was wondering was, i plan on buying animal crossing for the wii. Since i already have 3.4 on my wii it shouldn't update correct? Also, will my wii be fine playing this game if i decide to downgrade my firmware?
This question have been ask many-many times.....
the game needs Ios38.
SO GOOGLE IT AND INSTALL IT THROUGH WAD MANAGER!!!!

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I am installing gamma on someone's new wii that they are getting for Christmas. However, they may be running any system menu from 3.1 to 3.3v1. Do I need to do anything different from this guide? If so, please tell me what I need to install or direct me to some clear instructions please.

D

Deleted User

Hazz said:
Quick question. I am installing gamma on someone's new wii that they are getting for Christmas. However, they may be running any system menu from 3.1 to 3.3v1. Do I need to do anything different from this guide? If so, please tell me what I need to install or direct me to some clear instructions please.
As soon as you get their Wii, quickly install HBC. Soon after that, update the firmware, and follow the guide.

Don't worry, HBC will still be there. With updating, it's confirmed to be 3.4, fresh. So yea, follow the guide to a T.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi i have read the Wii Fix Guide... but i think you can do till step 5 and you are able to install vc and wii ware games, so why do the other steps??

I have a wii with 3.4U and the other steps dont even work, the "install shop fix" make always error, is says something like "something went wrong, SORRY" i tried several times.. but no luck... and im able to install wads... so that extra step is not mandatory... maybe it was with 3.3 v2, i dont know.. but not with 3.4

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i started the Wii Fix, and I'm already stuck. I went to open WAD MAnager, but after I select the SD slot, at the "Retrieving device contents" step, it says "ERROR! (ret = -1)"

Edit: oh wow I'm an idiot. I completely forgot to add the WAD folder to the SD card.
laugh1.gif

Edit2: ok I've decided to follow both the Wii Fix guide and the Downgrade guide. I've also used Starfall to by pass the update check, but the Disc Channel has been replaced with a Wii System Update channel... (Brawl is in the Wii at the moment)

AAAAND another Edit: Wow I'm tired. I didnt realize you had to switch from "not installed" to "install" for the Remove Update hack. My bad. All good now. Thanks guys!

godzilla55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K, this is probably a stupid question but i've searched with no luck.
Ok what is the custom manager, i don't see it. I tried installing the cios fix wad with wad manager and it didn't work.
I also tried going to the ios downgrader without the cios fix and obvious that didn't work.
So can someone enlighten me about this custom manager and how to install the cios fix wad.

DriftRS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed all these steps exactly, everything worked, but it still says 3.4E in the wii settings screen. Is that normal?

Also, I still get the "dir = -1" error when trying to boot an sd card with wad installer
frown.gif

EDIT: nvm, fixed it i think
smile.gif

wiienthusiast75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I just got into the Wii Homebrew after having been into PS2 Homebrew for quite some time. I was able to downgrade my Wii to 3.2U using this fix and link to files (thanks EmpireofCanada). I had no issue with the install and it appears that all is installed correctly. However when i try and boot a backup using Gamma Loader the disc spins and the screen just goes blank and eventually reboots using hooks. Not sure what I am doing wrong? I backed up a game over my network and burned the ISO to a memorex dvd+r at 2.4x using Nero. I didnt make any changes in NERO before burning. I also tried to patch the game and burn the patch but the same thing happens. Could someone point me in the right direction? FYI i tried this with Legend of Zelda and Wii Game Party 2..

Thanks in advance!

_digi_

Trophies
XP
Country
THX a lot for this usefull guide
grog.gif

In my case ( from 3.4E to 3.2E ) works nice .

I have wikeyII on it , but some backups , didnt wanted to play ( kororimpa ntsc, ssb dvd-5 pal, etc ) , now lounching from Geko I can .

Anyway Im planing to get an USB wii compatible keyboard , does this downgrade afect compatibility ??
unsure.gif

gazbag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have done the wad manager, custom wm, ios downgrader, install shop ios51 all ok but when i do any region changer it says

Identifying as SU...OK!
Initializing Filesystem driver...OK!
Init SYSCONF...OK!
Error getting settings! 1, 2, 2, 1, -24578

can someone help me please.
i am using pal ver 3.4E

ok have sorted it. now showing ver 3.2E.

gazbag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have gone from 3.3E to 3.2E. but now when i try to put a disc in my wii wont pull the disc in. if i try to play one of the wads already in stalled on my wii it starts to play but then freezes after about 30 seconds and you hear the wii trying to take a disc in.

TrekkiesUnite118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this method to be able to install WADs on my Wii but I have been wondering lately, if I get some new game that requires an update will I be able to safely update why Wii after using this tutorial without it being bricked or anything?

D

Deleted User

Nah, just block the update using Starfall.

And, if you're wondering about AC: CF, install IOS38.

If you're wondering the newer games with 002 protection, there's a fix thread by Ether.

Wiichiiz3

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone help im a noob at wii hacking and after i install ios16-64-257-prod.wad i install cios_fix.wad but that gets a 2011 ticket error
im not sure why it wont install it might me the ios16-64-257-prod.wad it might not be the right file i installed so if anyone can give me a link to download the proper ios16-64-257-prod.wad if that doesnt work im clueless of whats wrong

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wiichiiz3 said:
can someone help im a noob at wii hacking and after i install ios16-64-257-prod.wad i install cios_fix.wad but that gets a 2011 ticket error
im not sure why it wont install it might me the ios16-64-257-prod.wad it might not be the right file i installed so if anyone can give me a link to download the proper ios16-64-257-prod.wad if that doesnt work im clueless of whats wrong

download link isn't needed. You need to use the Customized wadmanager to install the cIOS_FIX.
After that, you can restart and use the 1.3 manager again to install other IOS/cIOS.
Or if you prefer, use cIOS downgrader, and after that IOS downgrader.

Be sure to delete the 249 IOS with anytitle deleter before installing the cIOS installer needed for gamma.

TrekkiesUnite118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Nah, just block the update using Starfall.

And, if you're wondering about AC: CF, install IOS38.

If you're wondering the newer games with 002 protection, there's a fix thread by Ether.

So if I update my Wii it will be bricked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright