Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open “Custom Manager".
Using the same method as in "Step 3", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".

i get up to here and i get an error and ive tried to install it in the WAD manager and it still says the same thing.. PLEASE HELP!

Kendiggity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide did not work I installed the 2047 wad or whatever but When i go to install Cios_Fix.wad It takes abotu a half a second and i instanly get A Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

anyone have any ideas

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions:

1) What are the chances of this bricking my Wii?

2) Does the Fix actually remove the Oct 23 update? or does it just work around the lock?

3) If it removes the Oct 23 update, then updating again would remove this fix, correct?

4) Can I still buy things from the Shop Channel after the fix?

5) Will this allow me to install cIOS if I haven't already before the update?

I have version 3.4U

Bradk_1749

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS GUIDE WORKS FLAWLESSLY! I CARELESSLY UPDATED MY SYSTEM TO 3.4! AND THIS FIXED EVERYTHING! THANK YOU SO MUCH DUDE! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

D

Deleted User

pakistexican88x said:
A few questions:

1) What are the chances of this bricking my Wii?

2) Does the Fix actually remove the Oct 23 update? or does it just work around the lock?

3) If it removes the Oct 23 update, then updating again would remove this fix, correct?

4) Can I still buy things from the Shop Channel after the fix?

5) Will this allow me to install cIOS if I haven't already before the update?

I have version 3.4U

1)Chances are very rare if you follow the guide

2)Yes, it removes the 23rd update, thus the name "downgrading"

3)Yes, but it is as simple as running the dynamic duo (IOS Downgrader and cIOS Downgrader)

4)Yes, but you must run the Install Shop IOS51 program

5)Yes, that's why there's a cios_fix.wad

Posts merged

Kendiggity said:
This guide did not work I installed the 2047 wad or whatever but When i go to install Cios_Fix.wad It takes abotu a half a second and i instanly get A Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)

anyone have any ideas

Are you sure you've used Custom Wad Manager? If yes, try Wad Manager.

Posts merged

rizzod said:
QUOTE said:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open “Custom Manager".
Using the same method as in "Step 3", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".

i get up to here and i get an error and ive tried to install it in the WAD manager and it still says the same thing.. PLEASE HELP!

Dude, what error?

Posts merged
Kendiggity said:

QUOTE(jassim @ Dec 7 2008, 08:50 AM)
ok i downgraded with this method and it worked gr8 tyvm, but i seem to be experiencing a strange and quite irritating problem, this problem came sometime between when i first updated to 3.3Ev2 to when i downgraded back to 3.2E.

im looking for a solution whereby i have a dvd inside my wii, i load the homebrew channel and my wii doesnt try reading the dvd right after i click start on the homebrew channel.

problem: turn on wii, dvd drive is spinning (so far so normal) i click on homebrew channel, i click start, right after that, screen goes black and disc stops reading immediately (still normal), the screen stays black and the dvd drive tries reading dvd again, stops trying to read dvd wait 10 seconds then homebrew channel finally comes up.

this migth seem like nothing but imagine u had to do this each and every single time you wanted to play a game and while its spinnin ur thinkin "OH FOR **** SAKE WATS THE ****IN POINT OF SPINNIN AGAIN FFS!!!"

also ive noticed its not jsut the homebrew channel, its with the ocarina wad as well and the wiishop channel except for the wii shop channel, its stops reading the disk wen i press start within 2 seconds it starts reading again and after about 5 seconds the channel appears and the disk continues spinning

Jassim, it's a norm. If you are irritated by it, remove your disc before launching HBC, Ocarina and Wii Shop

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot, afif. I only asked question 5 because i thought the the cIOS fix was only to get cIOS working if it was already installed before the update.

One more question, for step 6, it says to choose Yes, Yes, No. But after reading the thread, some people said to choose Yes for all 3. So which is it?

Edit: Ugh, now I'm even more confused. What is the difference between the Wii Fix and Downgrading the firmware? If I just want to install cIOS and use Wiigator's Backup Launcher to play backups, which guide do I follow? From what I understand from the OP, only the Wii Fix guide, but I remember trying to install cIOS and it was telling me to downgrade.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii Fix fixes the Wii if your on 3.3v2X or 3.4X to run homebrew apps corrctly and install wads.

Downgrading is the process if you want to use 3.2X firmware.

To install the latest cIOS.wad and Backup Launcher, just use WAD Manger 1.3 to install them. That's all you have to do.

D

Deleted User

pakistexican88x said:
thanks a lot, afif. I only asked question 5 because i thought the the cIOS fix was only to get cIOS working if it was already installed before the update.

One more question, for step 6, it says to choose Yes, Yes, No. But after reading the thread, some people said to choose Yes for all 3. So which is it?

Edit: Ugh, now I'm even more confused. What is the difference between the Wii Fix and Downgrading the firmware? If I just want to install cIOS and use Wiigator's Backup Launcher to play backups, which guide do I follow? From what I understand from the OP, only the Wii Fix guide, but I remember trying to install cIOS and it was telling me to downgrade.

For me, I'd rather have downgrading, then running Shop fix, Mii Channel Updater, then installing Wiigator's Backup Launcher.

The best of everything

FireKirby7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, just a few questions....

Do I HAVE to have version 3.4? I'm scared to update.
Should I do this with WiiConnect24 off?
If the process fails, will my Wii automatically delete my Homebrew Channel?

Prawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for my angry post before... since i havent found out a sulishion i'm just going to wait this out till the tecnolagy comes for now i'm useing that CW Manager for the virtul consle games and useing that wii gator for my Orcarina cheats...

Plases if you got a sulution to my problem please PM me...

D

Deleted User

FireKirby7 said:
Hello, just a few questions....

1)Do I HAVE to have version 3.4? I'm scared to update.
2)Should I do this with WiiConnect24 off?
3)If the process fails, will my Wii automatically delete my Homebrew Channel?

1)Yes, I believe you have to. But before that, for making things easier, have HBC installed, then follow the guide.

2)I believe it's not a necessary step, since bushing has tore 3.4 firmware apart and saw no "auto-update" thing in there.

3)Nope, unless you're the kind of guy who has the IQ of a retard and goes crazy by deleting HBC from Data Management, HBC won't go away.

Chaz410

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posts merged

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and saying hi. But anywho, I have Wii System 3.4U and was proceeding with the Wii Fix guide tutorial and everything was going according to plan until I got to Step 6. The install shop was running fine until all 15 files were complete, the completion instillation doesn't start. It just kind of freezes. I wasn't bricked or anything because I was still able to play my games and everything else after resetting. I was thinking possibly because I already have the Wii Shop Channel. If so would it be alright to merely move onto Step 7? I just wanted to make absolutely sure before I did something completely moronic lol. (Apologies for the blank post...)

D

Deleted User

Unless you are wanting to use Wii Shop Channel, you can skip the step. But I think you should try running the installer again.

Chaz410

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Unless you are wanting to use Wii Shop Channel, you can skip the step. But I think you should try running the installer again.

I've tried running it about three or four times now. It still freezes after the files complete. I'll try one more time if there's no change, I'll just skip to the next one.

Munchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little stuck. I get to this step
Step 3:
Press "A" on the Wii Remote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad" to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

and for some reason it doesn't automatically detect my SD card. so i don't get the choice to install the IOS? anybody know why this may be happing, and is there a work around?

edit: ok i noticed i forgot to download the IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad . So i did that and got that to install. Then i try to install the cIOS fix, but i get error 2011, and I'm using WAD manager. I don't know whats going on?

edit ver 1.0: tried the CW and got it to work, but ill prolly be back with another issue down the road.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i heard that playing Mario Kart after the downgrade will brick my Wii because it makes you update. What about after just the fix and not downgrading in the first place?

D

Deleted User

pakistexican88x said:
ok, so i heard that playing Mario Kart after the downgrade will brick my Wii because it makes you update. What about after just the fix and not downgrading in the first place?

Unless you update, no it won't brick your Wii. You should have asked for confirmation first.
Install starfall, and install the last 3 options. This will block the update

And yes do the downgrade. Starfall only support 3.2 firmware.

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could someone please post up a MD5-checksum of a verified IOS16-64-v257.wad? I would greatly appreciate it.

I tried searching, but I apologize if this has been asked/answered previously somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: