Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To who for what?
smile.gif

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
To who for what?
smile.gif

To you, me and a_running_pir8 of course!

You may have noticed the topic has had a change. Inserted a guide along with a video on how to install the Homebrew Channel. Also updated the Wii Tool Fix file so the the correct/nesscary files are in there and have given the Homebrew Apps icons and a meta file (if any one wants to update them with better images/descriptions in the meta files, feel free to do so and post it here).

Modifying the 'Wii Fix Guide' next. The FAQ part is going to be fun.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RadioShadow said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
To who for what?
smile.gif

To you, me and a_running_pir8 of course!

You may have noticed the topic has had a change. Inserted a guide along with a video on how to install the Homebrew Channel. Also updated the Wii Tool Fix file so the the correct/nesscary files are in there and have given the Homebrew Apps icons and a meta file (if any one wants to update them with better images/descriptions in the meta files, feel free to do so and post it here).

Modifying the 'Wii Fix Guide' next. The FAQ part is going to be fun.

Funny enough although Ive refered people to your guide like 100 times, Ive never used it myself. Wii Tool Fix? Something I should read about? lol

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just what I called the Zip File. It just contains all the files needed to be placed on the SD Card (I need to update it again to put the Custom WAD Manager back in >_

gazbag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to change from 3.3E back to 3.2E without connecting to the internet. i dont have wireless. if there is no way what do i need to connect? Is it just a straignt forward USB to Lan adapter plugged into my wii then an ethernet cable to my router? Many thanks. gary

CrackedOutKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. I just installed IOS16-64-v257.wad without a problem and I went on to install the cios_fix.wad and it says Installing Title ... ERROR! ( ret -1035). What did I do wrong? I'm running on an NTSC console with v3.3u.

EDIT Nevermind, I just tried using the reguilar wad manager instead of custom and it worked fine
biggrin.gif

Brummer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who should I pm here for my specific questions? I've got a 3.1u firmware Wii that has not been TP Hacked, does not have the Homebrew channel, and has not been modded ever before. I wish to run the TP Hack, install the homebrew channel, and be able to run backups, wads, and anything else i should be able to do...I have the files necessary to do this and I understand the idea of how to do this but what I really want to know is do I need to update my wii to a later version in order to get this to work properly? In the app folder of the files I have it has an application that is called update to 3.3u. I understand I need the cIOS to install firmware and other things for backups and wads to work properly, I just fail to see the reason why I need to update my wii through that app after installing the HBC through the TP Hack.

BIG EDIT

thanks for the help amrum. i skipped the update to 3.3u as i didnt care about the shop channel. performed the tp hack, installed the homebrew channel, used the cIOS installer, used wad installer to install the backup loader channel and everything works great! thanksmuch!!!!!!!!!!!!

amrum

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brummer said:
who should I pm here for my specific questions? I've got a 3.1u firmware Wii that has not been TP Hacked, does not have the Homebrew channel, and has not been modded ever before. I wish to run the TP Hack, install the homebrew channel, and be able to run backups, wads, and anything else i should be able to do...I have the files necessary to do this and I understand the idea of how to do this but what I really want to know is do I need to update my wii to a later version in order to get this to work properly? In the app folder of the files I have it has an application that is called update to 3.3u. I understand I need the cIOS to install firmware and other things for backups and wads to work properly, I just fail to see the reason why I need to update my wii through that app after installing the HBC through the TP Hack.

I don't think you need to update to 3.3 to use HBC.
You just won't be able to access the Shop channel.

Yahoosakie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I started working on being able to play backup games on my 3.4j wii yesterday. I was able to succesfully install the HBC with the Twilight Hack. Now I'm trying to downgrade my wii so that I can play the backups. Anyway, I followed the guide, and found the IOS16-64-v257.wad file on another site because it was taken out of the download here. I started the WAD Manager and was able to install IOS16-64-v257.wad but then afterwards I go to the cios_fix.wad and try to install it and get, >>Installing ticket ... ERROR (ret = -2011). Help? and Thanks ahead of time.

Lunge

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a similar problem to Yahoosakie except I'm running 3.4U and i have IOS16-64-257.wad and run it but when I try to run the cIOSfix.wad right afterwards I get an error when it tries to install the ticket... ERROR(ret=-2011). Any help would be great.

Edit: the custom WM worked, I didn't see it in the list of apps before
tongue.gif
I just went straight to the one like in the vid.

Kailem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! This is a great tutorial, but I run stuck when running "Install Shop IOS51". It downloads the 15 packages, but freezes immediately after. I've also tried skipping that step, but when trying to run cIOS Installer, I encounter a similar problem. I've updated to the latest system menu (3.4u). Any advice?

satan060668

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. i am new to all this and forums. i have read over everything i should to do a install (i think).
i have a wii ver 3.3E. i have got the 3.3u update fix rar from here. now i have followed all the instructions in the read me. and so far managed to put all the sd files onto the sd card. started everthing like it says copied the file from sd card onto the save started the game spoke to the bloke, screen goes black and starts loading a load of start cluster files. then it stops and says.
Failed to read boot.elf (-1)!
No code found to load, hanging.

i havent been able to find this problem in the forums.
If someone could point me in the right direction please any help would be most apreciated.
Thankyou.

Kailem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, after search the forums I found several similar cases to mine. What (I think) finally made mine work was to take out the 2 GC memory cards that were in the Wii.

By the way, I want to say thanks to everyone who's helping out. This seems like a great community!

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i downgraded with this method and it worked gr8 tyvm, but i seem to be experiencing a strange and quite irritating problem, this problem came sometime between when i first updated to 3.3Ev2 to when i downgraded back to 3.2E.

im looking for a solution whereby i have a dvd inside my wii, i load the homebrew channel and my wii doesnt try reading the dvd right after i click start on the homebrew channel.

problem: turn on wii, dvd drive is spinning (so far so normal) i click on homebrew channel, i click start, right after that, screen goes black and disc stops reading immediately (still normal), the screen stays black and the dvd drive tries reading dvd again, stops trying to read dvd wait 10 seconds then homebrew channel finally comes up.

this migth seem like nothing but imagine u had to do this each and every single time you wanted to play a game and while its spinnin ur thinkin "OH FOR **** SAKE WATS THE ****IN POINT OF SPINNIN AGAIN FFS!!!"

also ive noticed its not jsut the homebrew channel, its with the ocarina wad as well and the wiishop channel except for the wii shop channel, its stops reading the disk wen i press start within 2 seconds it starts reading again and after about 5 seconds the channel appears and the disk continues spinning

anyone got any solutions

thx in advance

badmrtoad

Trophies
XP
Country
grog.gif
This was a fantastic guide, very easy to follow (after hunting down some of the needed files via google and www.wi*hacks.com), I decided just to downgrade from my (stupidly rash) just upgraded yesterday 3.4E down to 3.3E, after slotting my sd card into the front of the wii and starting up the homebrew channel it all took (a pretty nervous!) 18 minutes to get back to 3.3E inc (slowly) downloading the 3.3E firmware from the nintendo server, I then installed and used wad manager 1.3 to install some of the latest pal wads, everything working great, backup discs, VC games and all the usual channels.

I always remove any memory cards/gecko from slots A & B before using any stuff like this as it has caused problems in the past.

I'm never going to update my wii with any new nintendo firmware till at least 2 weeks after the release of it just to make sure there's a solution available for any problems it might cause.

Now I'm so tempted to change my wii's region to USA 3.3U but must fight the urge!

Big Thanks pir8 and GBAtemp!

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jassim said:
this migth seem like nothing but imagine u had to do this each and every single time you wanted to play a game and while its spinnin ur thinkin "OH FOR **** SAKE WATS THE ****IN POINT OF SPINNIN AGAIN FFS!!!"
yone got any solutions

There is no solution to this, because you are the only person who considers this a 'problem'

jassim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well im the onyl one with this problem and every problem has a solution so if ur gonna complain about me kindly asking for help from others get stuffed

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jassim said:
well im the onyl one with this problem and every problem has a solution so if ur gonna complain about me kindly asking for help from others get stuffed

I was kindly suggesting you dont waste your time. I dont care if you post your 'problems' up and down every thread on the site. Im just advising you if you value your time not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y