OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that they'll be downloading the stages from there

Correct.

Anyway, I'm going to start on this right now.

There should be a good amount of quality levels from SMMDB (popular Wii reuploads only) and I'll try to find a safe place to share these with the rest of us once I'm done.

EDIT: Can there be spaces in the file names or does OCDM require % ascii text for these instead?

Last edited by Steffenfield,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Correct.

Anyway, I'm going to start on this right now.

There should be a good amount of quality levels from SMMDB (popular Wii reuploads only) and I'll try to find a safe place to share these with the rest of us once I'm done.

EDIT: Can there be spaces in the file names or does OCDM require % ascii text for these instead?

that was a bug in very early SMMDB code, but was later fixed in the public version, so none of you are affected by that bug, hence spaces can be used

Reactions: Steffenfield

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So TOMrg had 121 uploaded levels from the most popular and creative designers in Mario Maker.

Most of them though are Super Expert only, for those who are sadistic enough in playing any of them.

I then went with the user ipkpjersi, he uploaded all of his favorites as well, and they too look really good.

Less difficulty in general, but dear Lord, I think he uploaded close to 1,000 levels. I can't even do the math on this right now.

I'll try and spend another two or three hours downloading these and see the final number for him.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to group the best course designs at the moment for us to play.

I would love some suggestions on this since there are still a few more (Wii) uploaders I haven't even gotten to yet.

Thanks many times again for your OCDM Nintendo app, Marcus. ♥

As crap as it looks, it's better than any feature Nintendo should have provided. :)

Last edited by Steffenfield,
Reactions: Sono

Pakhitew-Island

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
So TOMrg had 121 uploaded levels from the most popular and creative designers in Mario Maker.

Most of them though are Super Expert only, for those who are sadistic enough in playing any of them.

I then went with the user ipkpjersi, he uploaded all of his favorites as well, and they too look really good.

Less difficulty in general, but dear Lord, I think he uploaded close to 1,000 levels. I can't even do the math on this right now.

I'll try and spend another two or three hours downloading these and see the final number for him.

I mean, you dont have to download ALL of them. I'm sure they're not all super popular WiiU stages either way.

On that note, I dunno if @Tarnadas could implement a batch download feature, like say filtering all courses with [2YMM] and then having a "download all filtered" button

Tarnadas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
smmdb.ddns.net
XP
Country
Germany
On that note, I dunno if @Tarnadas could implement a batch download feature, like say filtering all courses with [2YMM] and then having a "download all filtered" button

The API is not responsible for batch downloading and it should stay low level.

You can however use the API to do such things. OCDM could implement it as well. My save file editor can do it already, but it is for Wii U saves

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to group the best course designs at the moment for us to play.

I would love some suggestions on this since there are still a few more (Wii) uploaders I haven't even gotten to yet.

Thanks many times again for your OCDM Nintendo app, Marcus. ♥

As crap as it looks, it's better than any feature Nintendo should have provided. :)
I guess you should group them according to the user who uploaded the course..
It would had been really nice if there would have been a bulk import in OCDM for this purpose, but, it is impossible, right @MarcusD I guess I asked about this before, sorry.. xP

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I guess you should group them according to the user who uploaded the course..
It would had been really nice if there would have been a bulk import in OCDM for this purpose, but, it is impossible, right @MarcusD I guess I asked about this before, sorry.. xP

it's 100% possible, but it wouldn't work for mixed 3DS/WiiU, so you'd have to bulk-import 3DS first and WiiU afterwards

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if you could set the default folder to "download" on your course manager thingy instead of it being root every time when selecting a course.

It would also be good if there was an option to delete the selected .3ds file once it's added to Super Mario Maker.

I'm still working on the downloads from SMDB but hopefully will have that in a few more days.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It would be nice if you could set the default folder to "download" on your course manager thingy instead of it being root every time when selecting a course.

It would also be good if there was an option to delete the selected .3ds file once it's added to Super Mario Maker.

I'm still working on the downloads from SMDB but hopefully will have that in a few more days.

I don't get what you're talking about >_> the SMMDB code doesn't even touch your SDCard, it downloads the course to RAM, cryptofixes it, then write it to the ExtData, no files written in the OCDM folder

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OCDManager v0.6

>Course list

>Tap an open slot

>Import 3DS

From here, one needs to select a Mario design level, yes?

It starts from the root of the card though.

So each time I have to then rifle through to get to "OCDM/", "download/" and finally find a file.

I thought that's where all of the downloaded levels should be placed, in "OCDM/download/".

Perhaps I'm missing something on this.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
OCDManager v0.6

>Course list

>Tap an open slot

>Import 3DS

From here, one needs to select a Mario design level, yes?

It starts from the root of the card though.

So each time I have to then rifle through to get to "OCDM/", "download/" and finally find a file.

I thought that's where all of the downloaded levels should be placed, in "OCDM/download/".

Perhaps I'm missing something on this.

OH, I get what you meant now, sorry

in that case the default directory would be sdmc:/OCDM/imports

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya Marcus.

I would very much like to download levels from specific uploaders (TOMrg, ipkpjersi, mariomakingmods, Lyrin, Psycrow, DankMemeitTheFrog, and Super.Sayen067).

They all have made available some of the best courses from the Wii U version.

When I search one of these usernames though, there's no findings in the results.

Is there a better way to term my searches on them?

If not, I'll just download them manually on my computer and then transfer those over to my memory card.
mariomakingmods
:D

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't find any good levels i just want a level thats like normal mario levels.

Here's 36 normal levels that Psycrow uploaded.

They all are wonderfully created with glitches and unique features unlike anything you'll find in most designed courses.

I think you'll enjoy them very much.

I renamed each of them by number so they will be a little easier to import as well.

Oh, and Marcus, it still would be great if you could delete the level file once it's imported.

Having it stay on the memory card just makes it that much more difficult when finding the next course to upload.

Attachments

• Psycrow.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 178

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs