Homebrew Ocarina codes not possible with Skies of Arcadia Legends?

eatingatthey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, I apologize in the case that this isn't the appropriate section for a thread like this.

But anyways, like the thread title states, I can't seem to get Ocarina codes working for Skies of Arcadia Legends. Allow me to walk you through the steps I took in attempting to load them:

I found the codes here: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_cheat.asp?ID=12596

I made sure they were the appropriate codes for the appropriate region. Anyways, I realized they were in the Action Replay "format" so I looked up the way to "convert" them. I used Gcncrypt, first, and proceeded to use the codes it gave me, and further converted them with ARtoWiiRD (pretty much gave me the same thing). Anyhow, I took the final results (the products of ARtoWiiRD's conversion) and placed them in a .gct file, with the appropriate game ID for the file's title (in this case, GEAE8P), which I correctly placed in codes folder located in the root of my SD card. I used the suggested hook type, VI, and proceeded to launch the game. Everything goes fine for a while, Neogamma (I'm using R9 beta 47) detects the SD codes and even says it's applying them. However, after that process is finished, the screen goes black and simply stays that way. So I then tried all combinations of hook types (hook 1 and hook 2) with none of them working (some of them hang at the black screen, others produce a half green half black screen, but either way, it simply freezes on either resulting screen).

I did some research, and on a few occasions, I noticed users saying that codes sometimes have hindering verifying codes at the top of each code. So, this time, when I converted the codes with ARtoWiiRD, I checked the box on the bottom left that says "Each code has a verifier line.", and tried the resulting codes with with all combinations of hook types, still didn't work, though. At that point, I gave up with Skies of Arcadia, and tried Super Mario Sunshine instead.

I used the "pre-converted" codes from http://geckocodes.org/index.php?gct=GMSE01 , and in that instance, they worked fine. I figured that something (s?) went wrong somewhere during SoAL's code conversions, but I can't seem to figure out what... Anyways, would any of the kind sirs on this forum care to share their insights as to what I might be doing wrong? For further clarification, I'm using retail disks, and not backups. The disks also happen to be in perfect condition, no scratches or anything (if that's relevant at all). Also, SoAL loads properly if Ocarina is disabled.

goofydude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had basically the same question, however what I ended up finding out is that the converter converts it for whatever the gamecube uses, and does not work for wii. (Though it is possible there could be an offset that would make the codes compatible, however the offset would probably differ from game to game)

So the codes on the gecko database are ocarina codes that have been found using the wii ocarina, which is why they work and the converts didn't. I ended up just using Action Replay, however you need the original disc to use that. (AR 1.14 loader)

eatingatthey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
goofydude said:
I had basically the same question, however what I ended up finding out is that the converter converts it for whatever the gamecube uses, and does not work for wii. (Though it is possible there could be an offset that would make the codes compatible, however the offset would probably differ from game to game)

So the codes on the gecko database are ocarina codes that have been found using the wii ocarina, which is why they work and the converts didn't. I ended up just using Action Replay, however you need the original disc to use that. (AR 1.14 loader)

I see... Well, crap... I wanted to use the AR loader, however, I don't have a third party GC memory card.

bestbns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i guys can you guys carvert max spirit and max itens for skies of arcadia legends from this guys please i try convert but dont wor please for Ocarina codes please game id GEAE8P thanks please

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol