Ocarina codes not possible with Skies of Arcadia Legends?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by eatingatthey, Apr 24, 2011.

  1. eatingatthey
    OP

    Newcomer eatingatthey Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Country:
    Canada
    First off, I apologize in the case that this isn't the appropriate section for a thread like this.

    But anyways, like the thread title states, I can't seem to get Ocarina codes working for Skies of Arcadia Legends. Allow me to walk you through the steps I took in attempting to load them:

    I found the codes here: http://www.cheathappens.com/show_cheat.asp?ID=12596

    I made sure they were the appropriate codes for the appropriate region. Anyways, I realized they were in the Action Replay "format" so I looked up the way to "convert" them. I used Gcncrypt, first, and proceeded to use the codes it gave me, and further converted them with ARtoWiiRD (pretty much gave me the same thing). Anyhow, I took the final results (the products of ARtoWiiRD's conversion) and placed them in a .gct file, with the appropriate game ID for the file's title (in this case, GEAE8P), which I correctly placed in codes folder located in the root of my SD card. I used the suggested hook type, VI, and proceeded to launch the game. Everything goes fine for a while, Neogamma (I'm using R9 beta 47) detects the SD codes and even says it's applying them. However, after that process is finished, the screen goes black and simply stays that way. So I then tried all combinations of hook types (hook 1 and hook 2) with none of them working (some of them hang at the black screen, others produce a half green half black screen, but either way, it simply freezes on either resulting screen).

    I did some research, and on a few occasions, I noticed users saying that codes sometimes have hindering verifying codes at the top of each code. So, this time, when I converted the codes with ARtoWiiRD, I checked the box on the bottom left that says "Each code has a verifier line.", and tried the resulting codes with with all combinations of hook types, still didn't work, though. At that point, I gave up with Skies of Arcadia, and tried Super Mario Sunshine instead.

    I used the "pre-converted" codes from http://geckocodes.org/index.php?gct=GMSE01 , and in that instance, they worked fine. I figured that something (s?) went wrong somewhere during SoAL's code conversions, but I can't seem to figure out what... Anyways, would any of the kind sirs on this forum care to share their insights as to what I might be doing wrong? For further clarification, I'm using retail disks, and not backups. The disks also happen to be in perfect condition, no scratches or anything (if that's relevant at all). Also, SoAL loads properly if Ocarina is disabled.
     
  2. goofydude

    Newcomer goofydude Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2011
    Messages:
    5
    Country:
    United States
    I had basically the same question, however what I ended up finding out is that the converter converts it for whatever the gamecube uses, and does not work for wii. (Though it is possible there could be an offset that would make the codes compatible, however the offset would probably differ from game to game)

    So the codes on the gecko database are ocarina codes that have been found using the wii ocarina, which is why they work and the converts didn't. I ended up just using Action Replay, however you need the original disc to use that. (AR 1.14 loader)
     
  3. eatingatthey
    OP

    Newcomer eatingatthey Newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Country:
    Canada
    I see... Well, crap... I wanted to use the AR loader, however, I don't have a third party GC memory card.
     

Share This Page