Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The American nation as a whole consists of immigrants, the remnants of Native Americans and their descendants (let's count people who's ancestors were slaves as "immigrant descendants", just off ones who didn't immigrate willingly to keep it simple). From a historical point of view, it wouldn't matter if Obama was a Martian. Seriously, what's the point? They really *are* trying to be as hypocritical as possible.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
I had a feeling that as soon as Obama submitted his BC, those same people demanding it would be calling it fake, as evidenced by my racist family on Facebook.

can you answer me one question, why is it racist to question a document?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
shinkukage09 said:
The Living Shadow said:
Nathan Drake said:
The Living Shadow said:
Nathan Drake said:
HOLY SHIT DAMN REPUBLICANS

This is the most unnecessary piece of controversy ever. Honestly, everybody who questions it needs to shut the fuck up. ACCEPT THE VOTERS DECISION OR LEAVE THE DAMN COUNTRY. Trying to defy the democracy is getting beyond annoying.

Thank you, is it really so much to ask to assure that the rule of law, written down in the constitution are followed? This has nothing to do with republicans or democrats. It's the law of the land, and I for one wish to make sure it is properly enforced.

No, this is dumb ass Americans trying to find excuses. Why is this president questioned out of all others? What happened to integrity and trust? Has America become this big of a shit hole?

tell me, what is with the hate for the rule of law? what is with the hate of some one who is a republican? remember, the last 40+ YEARS, Demcorats have had control over the country. People always hating on someone with an opposing view, did spending massive amounts of money on the military in france help them in the 1700's? no, they collapsed. So, why would people attempt the same thing over the years and out right ignore the deficit? Now, we must spend more to "Win The Future" as it where.

TwinRetro said:
QUOTE(The Living Shadow @ Apr 27 2011, 08:57 PM) QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Apr 27 2011, 10:52 PM)

This is the most unnecessary piece of controversy ever. Honestly, everybody who questions it needs to shut the fuck up. ACCEPT THE VOTERS DECISION OR LEAVE THE DAMN COUNTRY. Trying to defy the democracy is getting beyond annoying.

Thank you, is it really so much to ask to assure that the rule of law, written down in the constitution are followed? This has nothing to do with republicans or democrats. It's the law of the land, and I for one wish to make sure it is properly enforced.

To be fair, questioning the law(s), and those who make the laws of the United States is every US Citizen's right, and in some cases their responsibility. It's rights like this that our country was built upon.

I don't agree with people that question the validity of Obama's citizenship, but I will fight for anyone's right to question it.

I sincerely thank you, it is the rule of law we must protect, it is vital! I do have one statement I would like to make, just to clear things up, I do not hate the Mr. Obama because of his skin color, I strongly dis-agree with his policies. Remember, it was republicans who freed the slaves, and it was republicans who fought for equal rights for everyone.

So republicans are all honest and true and pure and shit? Sorry, no. REpublicans may have free'd slaves, but they also tried fucking hard to keep them. Republicans got this country where it is right now. Republicans are the ones dragging it down(so are democrats, but republicans are the ones clogging the system with bullshit crap like gun law pissymoany).

I also know an Aelita avatar when I see one.

Look, let's cut the bi-partisan bullshit, shall we? There are crooks in the Republican side and there is crooks in the Democratic side. You can't really say which one is worse than the other. At this current point they both suck balls. Whatever choice you make come election time is a bad one. There is an illusion of one party vs the other, but their goal is the same. Everyone is just in it to line their own goddamn pockets.

@ Living Shadow: I'm not saying everyone who questions it is racist, but I come from a chronically racist family (My uncle is a grand dragon in the KKK) and almost every one of them is questioning the validity of this document.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The reasons people have started giving for it being fake are genuinely hilarious. You think if the secret new world order conspiracy had spent two years faking it they'd not have done it all in caps when OMG ALL BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE IN LOWER CASE, LOOK AT MINE!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The Living Shadow said:
Nathan Drake said:
The Living Shadow said:
Nathan Drake said:
The Living Shadow said:
Nathan Drake said:

No, this is dumb ass Americans trying to find excuses. Why is this president questioned out of all others? What happened to integrity and trust? Has America become this big of a shit hole?

tell me, what is with the hate for the rule of law? what is with the hate of some one who is a republican? remember, the last 40+ YEARS, Demcorats have had control over the country. People always hating on someone with an opposing view, did spending massive amounts of money on the military in france help them in the 1700's? no, they collapsed. So, why would people attempt the same thing over the years and out right ignore the deficit? Now, we must spend more to "Win The Future" as it where.

Please tell me; what does this have to do with Obama being a citizen? Quit making excuses. You sound like an ignorant fool.

I don't have a problem with him being a citizen, but if it was so easy for him to get, why did it take him this long to release his long form birth certificate? what about his college records, why not release it along side to answer everything at once?

Give me one, legitimate reason why. No bull shit. Something that should apply to every president we have ever had. All I feel is racism and intolerance when people come walking in demanding personal information. How would you feel if when you tried to do something, somebody doubted your origin so much, they demanded your SS#, your birth certificate, and any other identifying papers?

It is unbelievably ignorant, rude, and I can't even begin to understand it. If you're unhappy, leave the country. Republican bullshit is all I see anymore. No side is perfect, but the liberals have been getting progressively worse and seem to be aiming to break the country over petty shit.

Edit for terrible typo.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
Give me one, legitimate reason why. No bull shit. Something that should apply to every president we have ever had. All I feel is racism and intolerance when people come walking in demanding personal information. How would you feel if when you tried to do something, somebody doubted your origin so much, they damned your SS#, your birth certificate, and any other identifying papers?

It is unbelievably ignorant, rude, and I can't even begin to understand it. If you're unhappy, leave the country. Republican bullshit is all I see anymore. No side is perfect, but the liberals have been getting progressively worse and seem to be aiming to break the country over petty shit.

I'll give you one legitimate reason, even though I disagree with the concept of checking backgrounds thoroughly.

You must understand that the President is not a *person*. Barack Obama is a person, "The President" is not. The day he became a President, he also agreed to carry the responsibility of being a political body rather than an everyday grey guy. The voter has every right to know about every move of the president and every itsy bitsy detail about his personal life that may be relevant to his presidency. Mr.Obama can be a person when he's all alone at home with his wife, but as long as his ass sits on his chair in the White House, he is a political body and as such, he may be examined from every single angle that may be relevant for some reason. His skin colour, roots, beliefs, religion or whatever you may throw at this logic simply does not matter, since we're not looking at "The President" from a "person" perspective, but from the perspective of his position and function.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:
Give me one, legitimate reason why. No bull shit. Something that should apply to every president we have ever had. All I feel is racism and intolerance when people come walking in demanding personal information. How would you feel if when you tried to do something, somebody doubted your origin so much, they damned your SS#, your birth certificate, and any other identifying papers?

I'll give you one legitimate reason, even though I disagree with the concept of checking backgrounds thoroughly.

You must understand that the President is not a *person*. Barack Obama is a person, "The President" is not. The day he became a President, he also agreed to carry the responsibility of being a political body rather than an everyday grey guy. The voter has every right to know about every move of the president and every itsy bitsy detail about his personal life that may be relevant to his presidency. Mr.Obama can be a person when he's all alone at home with his wife, but as long as his ass sits on his chair in the White House, he is a political body and as such, he may be examined from every single angle that may be relevant for some reason. His skin colour, roots, beliefs, religion or whatever you may throw at this logic simply does not matter, since we're not looking at "The President" from a "person" perspective, but from the perspective of his position and function.

I think the point that he is trying to make is that the only reason his citizenship has been called into question is because his father was not born in the US. If that's not racism, I really don't know what is.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:

We've never applied this to every president though. Why this one specifically? That reasoning is flawed, as we have never questioned our leader so heavily in the past except for maybe Nixon who was a known crook.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The fact that screening was never performed doesn't make the reasoning any less legitimate. It's like saying that rain doesn't exist because you never got wet.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Foxi4 said:
The fact that screening was never performed doesn't make the reasoning any less legitimate. It's like saying that rain doesn't exist because you never got wet.

Mr. Foxi4, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TwinRetro said:
Foxi4 said:

That...just made absolutely no sense.

You are awarded no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Hard metaphors are hard. It takes a certain level of reading comperhension to understand what's hidden between the lines of a given sentence.

What I meant by it is that the fact that nobody screened previous presidents thoroughly doesn't matter in the case at all. Each president is to be conscidered a separate, let's call it "object of study" for convinience sake.

The previously mentioned Nixon was a "crook", so he was screened as far as his buisnesses were concerned.

Obama is screened because it is not 100% certain that he met the requirements to be a president in the first place.

Each case has different conditions, and when in doubt, people "screen". It's not unnatural, racist or weird. It's plain human curiousity.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Nixon was screened only when his actions were legitimately the cause of suspicion. Obama has done nothing to raise suspicion except being alive. I have yet to hear a solid, legitimate reason for wanting such personal pieces of information.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
So republicans are all honest and true and pure and shit? Sorry, no. REpublicans may have free'd slaves, but they also tried fucking hard to keep them. Republicans got this country where it is right now. Republicans are the ones dragging it down(so are democrats, but republicans are the ones clogging the system with bullshit crap like gun law pissymoany).

no, there are allot of crooked people, just because you have an R or a D next to your name doesn't prove anything, look at california how many people would you say went to church in the major cities? look at kentucky as an example, how many people do you think go to church? it's a value system at worst. and urinating in a glass jar and placing a crucifix inside isn't art... or urinating on a picture of jesus and having someone come in and start freaking out on a national tv show doesn't show much moral character. It's not funny, and it's just plain wrong.

take a look at an election map from pre-civil war, and post civil war, 1860 was mostly democrat, 1880 was also mostly democrat. I respectfully disagree with you, sir. It was not Republicans who have put us into the position that we are in now, it was Democrats, who would do anything to stay in power. we all need to look back with out bias, and truely who held power over the years. Congress holds the spending power, not the president.

QUOTE said:
I also know an Aelita avatar when I see one.
sue me, alright
tongue.gif
I like 3D modeling, it's a form of art.

QUOTE said:
Look, let's cut the bi-partisan bullshit, shall we? There are crooks in the Republican side and there is crooks in the Democratic side. You can't really say which one is worse than the other. At this current point they both suck balls. Whatever choice you make come election time is a bad one. There is an illusion of one party vs the other, but their goal is the same. Everyone is just in it to line their own goddamn pockets.

Like I stated above, I agree with you. It truly is a moral situation, what needs to happen is a constitutional amendment must be added that states that the federal budget must be balanced. I also agree that they serve the same purpose, but there are people who truly do care about the country, but they are in the minority.

Nationalist party, USA!
tongue.gif

@ Living Shadow: I'm not saying everyone who questions it is racist, but I come from a chronically racist family (My uncle is a grand dragon in the KKK) and almost every one of them is questioning the validity of this document.

That is the personal decision of your family, I to have family who act the same way, you can't change them, there independent, and it is there right to view things the way they do, BUT that does not mean that all "Birthers" think the same, we are all individualists, and we act of our own accord. World Net Daily does not have the opinion of say those at the website stormfront.org, a racist website if I ever saw one.

All I, and my fellow conservatives wish is for some common sense and decency, not outrageous spending.

would people consider Ron Paul an extremist?

-I have to go, I will be back soon.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Foxi4 said:
TwinRetro said:
Foxi4 said:

That...just made absolutely no sense.

You are awarded no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Hard metaphors are hard. It takes a certain level of reading comperhension to understand what's hidden between the lines of a given sentence.

What I meant by it is that the fact that nobody screened previous presidents thoroughly doesn't matter in the case at all. Each president is to be conscidered a separate, let's call it "object of study" for convinience sake.

The previously mentioned Nixon was a "crook", so he was screened as far as his buisnesses were concerned.

Obama is screened because it is not 100% certain that he met the requirements to be a president in the first place.

Each case has different conditions, and when in doubt, people "screen". It's not unnatural, racist or weird. It's plain human curiousity.

Would you question that the majority of people that questioned Obama's citizenship had either a racist agenda, or atleast had a racist background?

And please, answer this question carefully. You're talking to someone that studies conspiracy theories as a hobby.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nathan Drake said:
Nixon was screened only when his actions were legitimately the cause of suspicion. Obama has done nothing to raise suspicion except being alive. I have yet to hear a solid, legitimate reason for wanting such personal pieces of information.

You heard plenty, you just refuse to accept any. This doesn't make you "right" by a long shot, this makes you stubborn. You can't deny anyone their rights in a democratic country, and it so happens that the law clearly states requirements that need to be met to become a candidate for presidency and subsequently a president.

Each and every American citizen has every right in the world to know if Obama met said requirements or not, and that is a fact that you cannot argue with. Whether this law is silly or not and whether the requirements are too high or too low is a subject for a different discussion entirely.

As I stated before, from a historical point of view, it wouldn't matter if he was a Martian, seeing that the whole U.S is a massive melting pot anyways.

QUOTEWould you question that the majority of people that questioned Obama's citizenship had either a racist agenda, or atleast had a racist background?

And please, answer this question carefully. You're talking to someone that studies conspiracy theories as a hobby.

I would not question that. I would agree. I would also say that it's entirely irrelevant. Racist bastards or not, they're American citizens. Their agenda has nothing to do with whether or not this is a lawful and fair inquiry. Tough, isn't it?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
It's common practice for Presidents to release certain information, like Tax filings, to the public. Of course there's no shortage of people saying that presidents have two tax returns, one for the public and then their real one.
If I'm not mistaken, a birth certificate is required to be shown for ALL Presidential candidates, however this had always been to a panel or a committee to prove eligibility to the office. Never has there been a public outcry for a birth certificate before... but then, we've never had a black President before and I think those two facts aren't as unrelated as some people would have you think.
Obama did the right thing, he ignored it for a while -- it's not OUR business, he's already proved it to the people who matter -- but when it became a prominent issue, he released the document quickly.

Racism is still alive and well in this country.
I have relatives in the south who have told me about restaurants (I'm thinking more like small diners) that still have segregated bathrooms. I'm personally dubious about that, they claim the local police don't particularly care to make it an issue (which does not surprise me), but there is no reason for them to lie about it either.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Foxi4 said:
Each and every American citizen has every right in the world to know if Obama met said requirements or not, and that is a fact that you cannot argue with.
They do have a right to know. And guess what they got? Solid evidence that he was born in the United States of America. What more can you ask for than a birth certificate? Do you expect the President to pull a video depicting his birth out of his ass or something? Last time I checked, a legitimate birth certificate is as much evidence as you need to prove your nationality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap