Hardware O3DS XL Right Hinge

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has a crack in the right side of the console hinge for a while never had any issues until yesterday.

Now has come away completely, do I just need the top bottom half of the housing to be replaced?

Anyone able to comment how difficult it is to replace too.

13654299_10153887768588471_4636067075644415882_n.jpg

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, part like that is the only thing you need to get it fixed, and make sure not to lose the axle hinge lock that's in the broken piece

Thanks it's a bit of a frankenstein 3ds anyway, missing the 3d slider, got it cheap last year so i've had my use at least at £25/$35 if I break it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks it's a bit of a frankenstein 3ds anyway, missing the 3d slider, got it cheap last year so i've had my use at least at £25/$35 if I break it
Is it even worth replacing the shell when it was that cheap?
Some superglue should hold the hinge together well enough, just make sure you don't glue it stuck in one position. Literally a 2 minute fix that can give you many more years of enjoyment out of the thing without spending much time and money. Or until you buy a n3DS :P
If you're still going to replace the shell then you might as well replace the slider too.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd recommend getting some epoxy glue. Some are messy 2 component but you can find some pre-catalysed stuff that dries with ultraviolet light. The uv light comes with the kit btw and should only be around $20.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it even worth replacing the shell when it was that cheap?
Some superglue should hold the hinge together well enough, just make sure you don't glue it stuck in one position. Literally a 2 minute fix that can give you many more years of enjoyment out of the thing without spending much time and money. Or until you buy a n3DS :P

I've tried super glue already, just doesn't seem to hold it, i've got a n3ds coming, just I think it's a demo unit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302023085750 worth a shot at £51/$70

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've tried super glue already, just doesn't seem to hold it, i've got a n3ds coming, just I think it's a demo unit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302023085750 worth a shot at £51/$70
There are different types of superglue, I'm not sure which is the best to use for this, but you can get superglue that is powerful enough to literally lift a car so I'm pretty sure that if you can find the right type for the job it will hold together well.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are different types of superglue, I'm not sure which is the best to use for this, but you can get superglue that is powerful enough to literally lift a car so I'm pretty sure that if you can find the right type for the job it will hold together well.

Ye, I ended up getting some Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel, seems to have done the trick, not the prettiest job but works fine now and full movement is restored :)

Fvv7x2l.jpg

7fdJGMt.jpg

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoke too soon, gone again, reading round it seems acetone might be the best, as it melts ABS plastics, possibly melt them back together?

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
No chance this will hold with Any type of glue... Repair it properly or let it be done. A experienced Person does this without problems but for sure not for free. But before something else brakes...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could go the lazy and kind of messy route and use a small amount of gorilla glue and let it set over night with a small amount of pressure holding the the hinge in place. But it's always best to just have replacement parts ordered

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye, think i'm going to attempt the repair at some point and just make do for now.

Was going to try epoxy next, just can't see it holding, as it's part of a moving part

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...