Hardware o3ds XL lifted cmd pad

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have lifted the cmd pad on a 3ds xl i soldered to it fine but knocked the wire that was connected to it and it disconnected and pulled the pad up with the wire, I still have the pad. What are my options do I have any, are there any alternative points, or is that the end of the road for this particular 3ds xl anyway.

Attachments

• DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0055.JPG
    908.6 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    881.5 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by mijuu,

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's some huuuuuuge wire you're using there.
aye thats was the main problem wires to big so the accidental tug lifted the pad had it been a smaller wire there would of been a chance it wouldn't of damaged it.

The grey wire is 2 strands of ide 80 cable if it turns out to big can snip one of the strands and im going to replace the other one. Well aint doing shit without the middle pad at the minute, i suppose.

Last edited by mijuu,

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering your pics in the other thread, I do not believe you have the skill level required to fix it. I think your option is to send it to someone who can, or buy a new one. When a pad is lifted it makes it A LOT harder to solder to. If you want to attempt it, heat the epoxy a little to make it easier to peel off around the SoC chip and gently scrape the enamel off the trace. Use flux and solder your wire to the trace. Use a little hot glue aftarwards, so you don't pull out the trace.

Last edited by hundshamer,
Reactions: LameNobody

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering your pics in the other thread, I do not believe you have the skill level required to fix it. I think your option is to send it to someone who can, or buy a new one. When a pad is lifted it makes it A LOT harder to solder to. If you want to attempt it, heat the epoxy a little to make it easier to peel off around the SoC chip and gently scrape the enamel off the trace. Use flux and solder your wire to the trace. Use a little hot glue aftarwards, so you don't pull out the trace.

its all good.

am getting

00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000002 00400000

Does anyone know what it means? Any helpful tips or troubleshooting steps i can take would be helpful thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 261
Last edited by mijuu,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
its all good.

am getting

00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000002 00400000

Does anyone know what it means? Any helpful tips or troubleshooting steps i can take would be helpful thanks.
Judging by that picture, it looks like you may have destroyed the components around where the wire is soldered, though I'm not sure.

Reactions: LameNobody

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Judging by that picture, it looks like you may have destroyed the components around where the wire is soldered, though I'm not sure.
nah its just where ive accidentaly touched the epoxy with the iron there are no burn marks on the board pic looks worse than it is. Im getting stable ohm reading off all connections and have checked for continuity and am getting no bridges.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
nah its just where ive accidentaly touched the epoxy with the iron there are no burn marks on the board pic looks worse than it is. Im getting stable ohm reading off all connections and have checked for continuity and am getting no bridges.
I was thinking of the 2 small chips below the wire (not sure what they are)
Are you getting that error without anything connected to the other end of the wire?

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking of the 2 small chips below the wire (not sure what they are)
Are you getting that error without anything connected to the other end of the wire?
with nothing connected microsd to sd adaptor not inserted into a reader the system boots normally to the system menu.

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's how it should be, so it seems like everything is in order, and you shouldn't worry too much about what the error says.
not getting a disk in computer though unfortunately or notification do you want to format blah blah blah. Got a couple of other things i can try,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
not getting a disk in computer though unfortunately or notification do you want to format blah blah blah. Got a couple of other things i can try,
If the wires are all properly connected as you say, it could be that they're switched around, or that your wires are too long. It could also be your SD card reader that doesn't support MMC.

Reactions: mijuu

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If the wires are all properly connected as you say, it could be that they're switched around, or that your wires are too long. It could also be your SD card reader that doesn't support MMC.
All good tried my alternative reader worked first time did 2 dumps checked the md5 they matched then wrote the 4.5 backup ive got all done, well made up.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
All good tried my alternative reader worked first time did 2 dumps checked the md5 they matched then wrote the 4.5 backup ive got all done, well made up.
Nice. I'm actually impressed that you managed to fix what many would consider a lost cause. Did you scrape the trace in order to get it soldered on?

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. I'm actually impressed that you managed to fix what many would consider a lost cause. Did you scrape the trace in order to get it soldered on?
Yes i heated up the epoxy first decided that wasnt doing anything and just scraped it down in around the trace with a needle till i saw the gold/copper trace. I actually soldered a wire to it twice i did something very similar to the first post. first time I got the cable on i realised the cable track was going the opposite way so i was faffing about with the cable and tugged it off the trace. second time i got it back on, was alot harder than the first time could barely see it, however this time had the super glue open ready got it connected checked it with a multimeter about 5 times and then glued the cable track in. I also had a lot of help from dark_samus over pm.

not something i want to do again.

Last edited by mijuu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches