Hacking O3DS updating to boot9strap in 2019

Robika

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since Luma 10.o came out I wanted to update both of my 3ds consoles to the latest luma version, but when I copied the latest luma on my O3DS wouldn't turn on(. I found out that it still has ARM9loaderhax instead of Boot9strap. So how can I update it now since it is on 11.9 firmware with luma 7.1 on it. Also I want to clean up my SD cards they seem to have a bunch of leftover data from homebrew installation. What files and folders are needed?
carpetas.png

Reactions: NoNAND

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Since Luma 10.o came out I wanted to update both of my 3ds consoles to the latest luma version, but when I copied the latest luma on my O3DS wouldn't turn on(. I found out that it still has ARM9loaderhax instead of Boot9strap. So how can I update it now since it is on 11.9 firmware with luma 7.1 on it. Also I want to clean up my SD cards they seem to have a bunch of leftover data from homebrew installation. What files and folders are needed?
View attachment 171872
Use the GM9 Megascript. There is an option to clean up your sd card.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So when I try to follow that tutorial, when I have everything ready on the SD card, I turn on the 3DS and nothing happens, it just loads the main menu. I didn't have to get around to this until now.
You have to install b9s. Just follow the guide. You missed a step if it doesn't work.

Robika

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
https://3ds.hacks.guide/ will answer all of your inquiries regarding cfw/boot9strap/ and 3ds hacking.
Do as @AmandaRose above suggested.
In case you run into any accidental bricks fret not, you can safely recover with the aid of GM9 and a CTRtransfer image.
Fixed it, tapping the Start button helped me, everything worked out! Thank you all!

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody accidentally leaked the database for the amount of people using...