Tanis0001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi.

I modded my new 3ds xl back in 2017 or 2018, I had Luma 7.something (I can't remember) and today I decided to update both boot9strap and luma after years.
I followed 3ds hacks guide (to update B9S) and the console starts fine, but after closing any app (fbi, mii plaza, any game) I get "An exeception ocurred" error.

What I mean with "after closing any app" is that I can play any game or app without problem, but after closing it the error occours, it doesnt matter the game or the app.

I don't know if I should reinstall boot9strap and luma (maybe I did something wrong).

Random notes:
I haven't updated my 3ds since 2018 or 2019 (my current firmware is 11.2.0-35U I think).
I think this error only happens if my console is connected to internet.
I already imported Seed from some games and it didn't work.
I haven't tested if this happens with physical games.
Before updating both boot9strap and luma some apps like the recording app (not games, mii plaza, fbi or games/apps that I care) crashed when the console was connected to internet.

I feel dumb because the 3ds was working "fine" and maybe I shouldn't have updated it.
Anyway, thanks for the help..

IMG_20221102_115047.jpg
IMG_20221102_115051.jpg
lumaxxxxx.png

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you're on latest version of Luma3DS (& b9s), you should update the 3ds's firmware to the latest version too, because that Luma version is designed to run on newer firmware, and it is conflicting with the low fw..
If it's not that, then it could be something else, i would start with the sd card, back up your data somewhere safe, and check it with h2testw for errors. But i suggest updating it first and see, if it doesn't fix then you could check the sd card.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you're on latest version of Luma3DS (& b9s), you should update the 3ds's firmware to the latest version too, because that Luma version is designed to run on newer firmware, and it is conflicting with the low fw..
If it's not that, then it could be something else, i would start with the sd card, back up your data somewhere safe, and check it with h2testw for errors. But i suggest updating it first and see, if it doesn't fix then you could check the sd card.
I'm on the same situation.

So I just let the 3DS update the firmware automatically? That won't affect the CFW and somehow convert it back to OFW? I wouldn't want that.

I had a guy who CFW'd my 3DS so I don't know much of this stuff.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Just update Luma3DS to the latest version (v.11) first then update the firmware on the 3ds.

No, it will not. And you'll be playing MK7 online in no time.
Turns out I just needed to update the firmware, the game, and I was playing online after that!

I didn't do for so long because I was afraid of the console being banned somehow (not that it'd matter much now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: