Hacking O3DS Updates

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

Am I right in that once you have custom firmware and rxTools running on an O3DS, you can just update the emuNAND through the standard Nintendo settings update to 10.3?

Thanks!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if your emunand supports 10.3. So beings you're using rxTools, that would be a no as it only supports up to 9.5 emunand. If you want 10.3 you can switch to Reinand & then update via system settings.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Only if your emunand supports 10.3. So beings you're using rxTools, that would be a no as it only supports up to 9.5 emunand. If you want 10.3 you can switch to Reinand & then update via system settings.

I thought I had read somewhere 9.5 was just restricted for N3DS, but that O3DS can go to 10.3?

nippyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway, O3DS supports 10.3, yes. Don't be afraid to upgrade your emuNAND as long as you're sure you're in emuNAND and not sysNAND.

OK Thanks, I've taken a backup of the emuNAND too, just in case!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Right. I completely missed that. Just woke up and spilled my first cup of coffee all over the kitchen floor, lol.

Ooops!! Thats not a good start to the day!! Thanks everyone for the feedback. Wanted to double check to save myself hassle later on!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also keep in mind that updating emunand via system settings is ONLY a viable method until 10.4 is released. Not that you didn't figure that out on your own, but in case others read this & think it's safe to do any time.

Reactions: nippyn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.