TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who is even on 10.7 sysnand nowadays?

EDIT: Without a9lh that is
My friend who just wants custom themes on his 3ds, and no extra stuff. (his sd card got corrupted when he updated with menuhax, so he wanted nothing to do with any of that stuff, even downgrading (at least until he gets a newer 3ds))

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't get gpsp to work.
are you running it as a .cia or from the homebrewmenu?

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My friend who just wants custom themes on his 3ds, and no extra stuff. (his sd card got corrupted when he updated with menuhax, so he wanted nothing to do with any of that stuff, even downgrading (at least until he gets a newer 3ds))

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you running it as a .cia or from the homebrewmenu?
Cia

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games run fullspeed under gpSP, last I checked. Otherwise, if you absolutely want to run a decent GBA emulator on your o3DS, you'll have to wait and hope someone either creates one specifically for it or decides to optimize RetroArch's gpSP core.

EDIT: Well, either that or do it yourself.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: Seriel

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied the retroarch folder to the root an installed the CIA.
hmm... in that case, just try the homebrew version, and if that won't work, I would suggest contacting them to get it fixed or using another (possibly more stable) build.

EDIT: if the homebrew version works anyway, try to get a more stable build.

Seriel

Doing her best
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm... in that case, just try the homebrew version, and if that won't work, I would suggest contacting them to get it fixed or using another (possibly more stable) build.

EDIT: if the homebrew version works anyway, try to get a more stable build.
Doesn't the homebrew one not work with dynrec?

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll also probably have to make sure you have a proper bios dump, though that has nothing to do with starting up the emulator. just something i had a little trouble finding for some reason(i found a proper dump years ago no problem, but last week it took me almost 20 minutes)

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll also probably have to make sure you have a proper bios dump, though that has nothing to do with starting up the emulator. just something i had a little trouble finding for some reason(i found a proper dump years ago no problem, but last week it took me almost 20 minutes)
I'm pretty sure you don't need it for the emulators (maybe mgba, but I didn't need it for retroarch gpsp). I don't have one, and retroarch gpsp runs fine.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thingis gba has an arm processor the 3ds does as well so whys it so hard to emulate it maybe cause the emulators are ported and designed for other systems so they don't run well on the 3ds if you port an emulator its gonna run bad

GBA uses a ARM7 CPU while the 3DS uses 2 ARM11 CPUs and a single ARM9 CPU (for backwards compatibility with NDS games and as a security processor).

VC GBA games aren't emulated, they're more like... redirected and running in a backwards compatibility mode (not completely sure about the backwards compatibility mode). This is why the 3DS reboots when loading VC GBA games (games are being redirected).

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certain games need a bios. I've only run into one myself, but neither mgba nor gpsp could launch the rom without it. If you don't play one such game you'll be alright though i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2