NYC Pokémon Black & White Launch Event

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If you're a Pokéfreak who lives in the New York City area, you're in luck, because Nintendo is throwing another one of their all-out launch extravaganzas at their Nintendo World Store the day before the game is set to release to stores everywhere else!

On Saturday, March 5, from 3-6pm, the Rockefeller Center location will be transformed into Pokémon central for the launch of Pokémon Black and Pokémon White. There will be different stations featuring gameplay kiosks, a download area for the Liberty Pass so you can get your hands on Victini, a photo booth, and a collection of never-before-seen Pokémon artwork. When you arrive, you'll get a "passport," and once you've had it stamped at every station, you'll be eligible for a special Pokémon Black or Pokémon White T-shirt (while supplies last, naturally)!

It's always nice to be able to purchase the game a day ahead of everyone else, but the real treat is all the extra fun Nintendo throws at you at these events. Obviously I'll be there getting my hands on the game and enjoying all the sights, so if you see me, don't be a stranger! And if you're not in the area, don't worry — I'll have a full report on Monday as usual![/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I wanna go.
sad.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, nice. I'll be there as well, too.
My girlfriend and I are ridiculously into Pokemon and we cosplay at these events. :E For HGSS we were Ethan and Lyra - this year we'll be Rocket Grunts, so it'll be pretty easy to find us. We'll be the ones threatening to steal your Pokemon to show off to the boss.
tongue.gif

I was originally going to hide a DS in my costume and distribute a Rocket-themed Pokemon, but after I completed the costume I realized I had like
no room to do so lol

Instead I'm just gonna make a dope-ass team to fight everyone with (since I always get challenged at these events for some dumb reason, as if cosplaying makes me an IRL PKMN Trainer Red)

I can't stand battling in public, but I'm down for trading B/W friend codes via C-Gear. :J

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wooot! it's in NYC!

oh wait. CRAP! i have SAT prep that day.
oh wait. i can take a quick train ride there after.

problem solved.
biggrin.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
wtf the game launches march 5 ?
Street date is March 6.

TPC International is allowed to break their own street date. It's their product and the event is corporately sponsored.

QUOTE(basher11 @ Feb 28 2011, 09:25 PM) wooot! it's in NYC!

oh wait. CRAP! i have SAT prep that day.
oh wait. i can take a quick train ride there after.

problem solved.
biggrin.gif

it's at 3pm. you can totally do it.

good luck sitting on the line that goes down the corner from the store (i'm predicting the largest line for a Nintendo event yet. seriously not a good move for TPC to do, if they were smart it'd be an all-day event.

Not to leak info lol but I have a relative who works at the store. I'll spoil some things for you.
tongue.gif

The Pokemon Black & White launch event actually lasts the entire weekend. There'll be the corporate event on Saturday.
Comparable to the gigantic Platinum launch event - TPCI has that section of the plaza booked - if you went to the Platinum event, it's the same size and there'll be a small enclosure outside similar to the NewSMB event. The "never before seen artwork" is probably Sugimori's concept art from B&W that you've been seeing in magazines lately.
Rehashing, there's the Victini distribution, gameplay stations with the giant dual-TVs (i love those so much), concept art gallery, and picture booth. Cosplayers are highly encouraged to do the picture booth, which is probably still sponsored by I AM 8-BIT with their instant Macbook printing studio. There is always a humongous line to attend the photo booth, so make sure to do that first (or last?)

If you're lucky and it's just like the Platinum event you might also even have TCG tables, Movie 13 screening, and a kid's area as well.
smileipb2.png

On Sunday there's a lesser-advertised, slightly more private event (which is being run by store staff). This one's more comparable to the HGSS release Nintendo had at their store (not the TRU Times Square party) or...maybe even Tatsunoko VS Capcom.
It's more or less a second meetup for those who are picking up their reserved copied. Nerds who played through the first two gyms can battle against others and there'll be a pretty neat Pokemon game-centric event (as opposed to THROW YOUR MONEY AT US Saturday). So if you can't make the Saturday release party, you can go to the Sunday event which should be just as crowded, but with many less waist-height brats. There'll also probably be leftover swag given away, too.

BTW, I'll be in cosplay with my Pokewalker in plain view the whole weekend - let's have adventures and play battle, OK?

ALSO: Usually TPC parties hard. I wouldn't be surprised if they have those cheap canvas bags they've given out at Mario and HGSS events but with Zekrom and Reshiram on them as well as the shirts.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I live pretty close to the city, but I have work and don't have the desire to go anyway.

I enjoy Pokemon games but I'm not a die-hard fan. I beat White back in like October when it was released in Japan, and don't feel the need to play it again.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I live pretty close to the city, but I have work and don't have the desire to go anyway.

I enjoy Pokemon games but I'm not a die-hard fan. I beat White back in like October when it was released in Japan, and don't feel the need to play it again.
but but but

now you can enjoy the glorious feeling of trading pokemon right out of your boxes with your friends at lightning-fast speed with infrared magic

can't do that with a flashcart

!!

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh cool lag resulting in doublepost.
you didn't miss much. it's up there ^

also they are wiped, it's a short demo where you fight Barry IIRC with overpowered Pokemon

V

Laughing Stock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at all those 7y/os in that pic. I wonder how far they are in the game. Do they wipe the save files after you're done? I would love to make some creepy messages.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kosheh said:
awssk8er said:

but but but

now you can enjoy the glorious feeling of trading pokemon right out of your boxes with your friends at lightning-fast speed with infrared magic

can't do that with a flashcart

!!
Which is why I'm gonna buy it.
smile.gif

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XD I actually went into nintendo world with my acekard and the manager said to either leave my DS in my pocket during my time there or GTFO. I then went upstairs where the manager couldnt see me and some fat ass snot nosed brat snitched on me and they kicked me out LOL still i managed to make 20 dollars cause i sold this 5 yo kid an arceus (yah i kno i was only asking for 10 but the dad was like nah here take 20)

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
XD I actually went into nintendo world with my acekard and the manager said to either leave my DS in my pocket during my time there or GTFO. I then went upstairs where the manager couldnt see me and some fat ass snot nosed brat snitched on me and they kicked me out LOL still i managed to make 20 dollars cause i sold this 5 yo kid an arceus (yah i kno i was only asking for 10 but the dad was like nah here take 20)
seriously?

Most of the staff there actually own flashcarts. They've got different standpoints on it though; i.e. import games and taking multiple games with you when traveling.
But talking about pirating your product on the job is as smart as telling people how to jailbreak their PS3s when you're working part time at the local gamestop.
They seriously can't kick you out for that, unless you're being an ass and being all YO MAN YO I GOT MAD POKEMON I PIRATE DAT SHIT IMMA SELL EM 2 YA
I've shown off my previous hacking projects to staff there, and they're like "oh man awesome, this game got a release date yet?" and i'm all "idk lol"

Were you seriously pimping out Pokemon? because I'm pretty sure you didn't get kicked out for having an Acekard; you probably got kicked out for distributing hacked Pokemon...in exchange for cash. :/

if i were the snot nosed kid that's what i'd taddle on you for, lol

oh also
[THE EVENT ORGANIZER AT THE NINTENDO WORLD STORE] already has a copy of Pokemon Black.

I'm pretty sure if he got it that early that means the press did too.

you guys know what that means
right
right?

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
tails100 said:
You seem to be posting a lot in this thread Kosheh =D
Its either he is just a pokefreak or he likes it to increase post count
I've never seen this much hypocrisy in a single GBAtemp post until now

and yeah i made a doublepost by accident ):

honestly though, I'm just excited to see a thread about news that's so close to home. Like, I'm actually going to this, have been planning to do so for awhile and I'm excited I might run into a Temper there.

I actually took a day off of work for this :3c

FrankensteinTank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
Vigilante said:
tails100 said:
You seem to be posting a lot in this thread Kosheh =D
Its either he is just a pokefreak or he likes it to increase post count
really? >___>
I've got a custom title already. Why would I want to increase my post count?

I did make a double-post by accident. :{

honestly though, I'm just excited to see a thread about news that's so close to home. Like, I'm actually going to this, have been planning to do so for awhile and I'm excited I might run into a Temper there.

I actually took a day off of work for this :3c

Guess this means not much translating is going to get done on Dragonball Z Kai Ultimate Butouden. However, I'm fine with that cuz I'll be playing Pokemon White quite a bit anyway.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123: Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?