NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

Davi

~
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daviandrade.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The player is great, but something I noticed is that is not hiding macOS meta "._" files, wich make it looks like I have duplicates when I'm browsing the videos. I also think it would be great to have some touch controls like the ones I use on my phone.

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@TotalJustice @proconsule54 Honestly, I feel flattered. I'm not really that good, but I'd be more than glad to help if you guys ever need it.
I am sorry you don't feel good, and thanks for all your work (libusbhsfs is great and works very good in NXMP).
I made ffmpeg works with libssh2 so sftp problems are gone. :D

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The player is great, but something I noticed is that is not hiding macOS meta "._" files, wich make it looks like I have duplicates when I'm browsing the videos. I also think it would be great to have some touch controls like the ones I use on my phone.
Nice suggestion, is not that hard hiding files start with dot.
I'll fix it.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To make new release i have problems with icons, @bodyXY that makes all the menus icons is probably busy at the moment and i miss some icons, without them i can do a release.

DecodeandEncode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to create a Custom NSP for this? I tried but it had Issues.
Here you go:

Nro path: switch/nxmp/nxmp.nro

The Icon file has to be 256 x 256, had to crop otherwise image was stretched. Player is in active dev state, someone can make a perfect nsp/icon later on.

Attachments

• NXMP_0240237787F82000.zip
    318.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by DecodeandEncode,

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The ssh implementation with linssh2 for ffmpeg is for now only readonly and only for file read (no dirlist) and using only password auth. This is due the fact that i made it very quickly and just to make it works.
I am working on the complete implementation (working on mingw64 also) and publish it on github.
Maybe it can be usefull also for others.
The patch is very very simple, just one file to add libssh2.c into the libavformat, 3 lines on configure and 2 lines on protocols.c . This also leave the default sftp implementation with libssh untouched and user selectable (or libssh or libssh2).

Reactions: hippy dave

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And now i have a question for @DarkMatterCore and you all.
There is a samba library (any) that can be used on the switch.
I just need that it works and have just some basic methods, open/close seek/tell
read with userdefined len.
So i can add samba and major protocols are done

jonnyh585

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
big thank you to the developer, just spent an hour trying to get pplay 3.1 and 3.5 to work on swtich with sx os 3.1 and firmware 11.0 - no dice it refused to load usb drive on any port

downloaded NXMP and installed, ran the app and it loaded my usb and mkv video file first try zero issues

thank you! my kodi/osmc rapsberry pi i use for video player died tonight so this really saved me!

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
big thank you to the developer, just spent an hour trying to get pplay 3.1 and 3.5 to work on swtich with sx os 3.1 and firmware 11.0 - no dice it refused to load usb drive on any port

downloaded NXMP and installed, ran the app and it loaded my usb and mkv video file first try zero issues

thank you! my kodi/osmc rapsberry pi i use for video player died tonight so this really saved me!
Glad to see NXMP has helped you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies