Hacking NTSC-U SSBB WiFi connecting probs

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In wifi mode it just stays on 'searching/seeking' & doesn't find any opponents. Does anyone have the same problem & know why this occurs?
Spectator mode seems to work.

Don't get it cuz Mario Kart works fine on wifi......

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I thought of doing that too, but seeing as MK works I didnt see what the problem was cuz both games connect to wifi & WC24 works.
Don't all wifi wii games use the same ports?

btw already tried with no wep or wpa & firewall off......no luck

Anyhow will try the ports. Do you know the specific port nos. for ssbb & mk use?

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/01/wha...2.html#comments

Kinda explains it, no?

Either the servers are crap as or no one is ever online when I play (late at night AEST). Already tried leaving it on for 10-15min, but still no ppl. Might try other times in the day....

Guess the US ppl are having it hard too; so the way I see it big N might be holding off switching all the servers on until the euro PAL ver is released which is pretty much the impression most of the posts from kotaku are giving me....

OK, so anyone in AUS wanna exchange friend codes (hope fully connect & lag free)?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done a good 2 hours total waiting to find someone online with no luck. I was able to play with friend codes though.

Stupid Nintendo and their crappy online service.

Inisha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, i have heard from a few friends that the SSBB servers arent the greatest, he acually lags while battling ppl, so you can honestly guess whats going on.

its funny how i can play mario kart online and im on dial up, go me and my wireless usb connector, lol.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inisha said:
yeah, i have heard from a few friends that the SSBB servers arent the greatest, he acually lags while battling ppl, so you can honestly guess whats going on.

its funny how i can play mario kart online and im on dial up, go me and my wireless usb connector, lol.

Yeah my and my friend lagged a lot too. Funny thing is he only lives 1 fucking mile away from me... That's just bad codding...

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servers are probably deliberately tuned down by them to prevent the majority of ppl playing atm & maybe also to make us think that pirated copies don't work online.....only one way to find out.......wait until June 26th for AUS release & see if the servs are optimised for global worldwide play.

By then versions from all 3 regions will have been released? Correct me if I'm wrong.

GrandMasterJimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with servers. With wi-fi there are no servers, you connect directly to someones console. Your speed is the same as the person with the lowest connection, so it works the same for everyone in the group.

In short, it doesn't matter if you have a 1000000000mb/s connection, if you play someone with a 52mb/s your only gonna play at 52mb/s. So stop blaming the coders, and blame the people with slow connections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup