NTSC Absolutely cannot play PAL?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Yarko, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

NTSC Absolutely cannot play PAL? by Yarko at 2:33 AM (1,760 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Yarko
    OP

Newcomer Yarko Advanced Member

Canada
    On another forum they told me there's no way my NTSC TV/Wii can play PAL games in full color even if tweaking USB loaders and such.

Were they lying?

2. AetherMaster

Member AetherMaster Aether

United States
    Yes. PAL games can easily play if you have the right settings enabled. Some don't even need special settings. IDK which forum that was, but they lied.

3. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It depends on a few things (such as your TV, force settings, etc.) but generally speaking most PAL games can be played on NTSC televisions.

4. Yarko
    OP

Canada
    Then I must be doing something wrong, because I clearly followed these instructions:

1. MAke a NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and put the RZTP.dol file inside it. Boot.dol needs to be there too
    2. Load Neogamma R6 via Homebrew Channel and have the settings like this:

002 fix: ON
    Alternative dol: SD

3. Then just launch the disc or USB. You'll see a stupid video with a bint with sexy hands for about 3 minutes. Video ends and then it restarts the Wii
    4. Restart Neogamma and change the settings so the it doesn't run the alternative dol.

And I get a black and white jumping screen making it impossible to play Wii Sports Resort.

I'm pretty sure my settings for NeoGamma are wrong. Any suggestions?

5. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm downloading a Pal game now, and will be trying it on my NTSC Wii, with Neogamma. So I'm also interested in the correct way to play it.

6. Yarko
    OP

Canada
    They told me that I need "cIOS36 rev10"

What exactly is it and how do I install it?

thanks a bunch.

7. the.g.raf

Newcomer the.g.raf Member

United States
    wsr pal won't work on your old ntsc tv. deal with it. in a couple of days, you'll be able to play the us release.

8. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Man. i knew where this was going after reading just the title..

WSR PAL will NOT play on an NTSC only tv. Period. The 50 threads on the other forums you read it on, that say it wont work on NTSC, they weren't lying. It's one of the few, like Little King Story and Pikmin2 that refuse to be forced.

9. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wii Sports Resort PAL is one of those few games that will NOT play in NTSC, as it's outright not on the disc. Wait for US release.

10. Yarko
    OP

Canada
    Ok, thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. Finally my doubts have been resolved. Is there a updates list with the games that won't work?

Also, for normal Wii games, all you have to do is force them to start in NSFS, right?

Last point, and I'm not sure if it's allowed to talk about is: What's a good site to download NTFS iso's? All the torrent sites seem to have exclusively PAL ones...

11. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nope, you can't talk about where to get ISOs from here. Keep looking, you'll find some on your own.

And yes, use your loader of choice with built in video options (such as NeoGamma, which you're already using) to force NTSC in the games that need it.

12. Ossot

Member Ossot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As of next wednesday, the only game that will still be problematic and PAL only is pikmin2.. afaik. If there's others they aren't worth the bandwidth anyway.

13. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Just to clarify - these games can only be played with more modern TV sets capable of both NTSC and PAL plus the ability to adjust your resolution settings on your Wii to 480p (via the use of component cables typically).
    This was a problem I had with Pikmin 2 on my NTSC Wii - it would not play until I bought component cables for the Wii - the resolution setting for 480p on my Wii was greyed out before that. Once I fitted the cables onto my PAL plasma TV - the 480p option became selectable and the game ran fine.

14. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States

You lied because some games will not force because they lack video modes for older tvs, if u have an HDTV youll be fine, it was this forum that lies all the time bcuz noobs pop in and say it works fine for me, and never mention anything what they did

15. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pikmin 2 was actually the game I was about to try. I do have a new HDTV, but I don't have the component cables yet to use the 480p setting. So the game probably will not work?

16. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Uhh I'm playing EA Active PAL on my USA NTSC box using USB Loader GX (the NTSC version of EA Active has some odd graphical issues)