Hacking NTSC Absolutely cannot play PAL?

Yarko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On another forum they told me there's no way my NTSC TV/Wii can play PAL games in full color even if tweaking USB loaders and such.

Were they lying?

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. PAL games can easily play if you have the right settings enabled. Some don't even need special settings. IDK which forum that was, but they lied.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on a few things (such as your TV, force settings, etc.) but generally speaking most PAL games can be played on NTSC televisions.

Yarko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then I must be doing something wrong, because I clearly followed these instructions:

1. MAke a NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and put the RZTP.dol file inside it. Boot.dol needs to be there too
2. Load Neogamma R6 via Homebrew Channel and have the settings like this:

002 fix: ON
Alternative dol: SD

3. Then just launch the disc or USB. You'll see a stupid video with a bint with sexy hands for about 3 minutes. Video ends and then it restarts the Wii
4. Restart Neogamma and change the settings so the it doesn't run the alternative dol.

And I get a black and white jumping screen making it impossible to play Wii Sports Resort.

I'm pretty sure my settings for NeoGamma are wrong. Any suggestions?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading a Pal game now, and will be trying it on my NTSC Wii, with Neogamma. So I'm also interested in the correct way to play it.

Yarko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They told me that I need "cIOS36 rev10"

What exactly is it and how do I install it?

thanks a bunch.

the.g.raf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wsr pal won't work on your old ntsc tv. deal with it. in a couple of days, you'll be able to play the us release.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man. i knew where this was going after reading just the title..

WSR PAL will NOT play on an NTSC only tv. Period. The 50 threads on the other forums you read it on, that say it wont work on NTSC, they weren't lying. It's one of the few, like Little King Story and Pikmin2 that refuse to be forced.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarko said:
On another forum they told me there's no way my NTSC TV/Wii can play PAL games in full color even if tweaking USB loaders and such.

Were they lying?

Most games will allow the video mode to be forced to NTSC. A few games (and the number is constantly growing) do not have NTSC video on disc, so there's no way to force them. If you try, you'll get a green screen. In the case of those games, whoever told you that was correct. In the case of 90% of current releases, they were wrong. This works the other way too (NTSC>PAL).

Posts merged

QUOTE(Yarko @ Jul 24 2009, 04:24 AM) Then I must be doing something wrong, because I clearly followed these instructions:

1. MAke a NeoGamma Folder in the root of SD card and put the RZTP.dol file inside it. Boot.dol needs to be there too
2. Load Neogamma R6 via Homebrew Channel and have the settings like this:

002 fix: ON
Alternative dol: SD

3. Then just launch the disc or USB. You'll see a stupid video with a bint with sexy hands for about 3 minutes. Video ends and then it restarts the Wii
4. Restart Neogamma and change the settings so the it doesn't run the alternative dol.

And I get a black and white jumping screen making it impossible to play Wii Sports Resort.

I'm pretty sure my settings for NeoGamma are wrong. Any suggestions?

Wii Sports Resort PAL is one of those few games that will NOT play in NTSC, as it's outright not on the disc. Wait for US release.

Yarko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. Finally my doubts have been resolved. Is there a updates list with the games that won't work?

Also, for normal Wii games, all you have to do is force them to start in NSFS, right?

Last point, and I'm not sure if it's allowed to talk about is: What's a good site to download NTFS iso's? All the torrent sites seem to have exclusively PAL ones...

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarko said:
Ok, thank you. That's what I wanted to hear. Finally my doubts have been resolved. Is there a updates list with the games that won't work?

Also, for normal Wii games, all you have to do is force them to start in NSFS, right?

Last point, and I'm not sure if it's allowed to talk about is: What's a good site to download NTFS iso's? All the torrent sites seem to have exclusively PAL ones...

Nope, you can't talk about where to get ISOs from here. Keep looking, you'll find some on your own.

And yes, use your loader of choice with built in video options (such as NeoGamma, which you're already using) to force NTSC in the games that need it.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of next wednesday, the only game that will still be problematic and PAL only is pikmin2.. afaik. If there's others they aren't worth the bandwidth anyway.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just to clarify - these games can only be played with more modern TV sets capable of both NTSC and PAL plus the ability to adjust your resolution settings on your Wii to 480p (via the use of component cables typically).
This was a problem I had with Pikmin 2 on my NTSC Wii - it would not play until I bought component cables for the Wii - the resolution setting for 480p on my Wii was greyed out before that. Once I fitted the cables onto my PAL plasma TV - the 480p option became selectable and the game ran fine.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AetherMaster said:
Yes. PAL games can easily play if you have the right settings enabled. Some don't even need special settings. IDK which forum that was, but they lied.

You lied because some games will not force because they lack video modes for older tvs, if u have an HDTV youll be fine, it was this forum that lies all the time bcuz noobs pop in and say it works fine for me, and never mention anything what they did

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin 2 was actually the game I was about to try. I do have a new HDTV, but I don't have the component cables yet to use the 480p setting. So the game probably will not work?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh I'm playing EA Active PAL on my USA NTSC box using USB Loader GX (the NTSC version of EA Active has some odd graphical issues)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol