Hacking NTRViewer not getting stream from Nitro Stream or NTR debugger

Vendager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get my n3dsxl to stream w/ ntrviewer and have failed several times. I have NTR 3.4 installed and followed all the guides and still can not get NTR Viewer to pick up any video. Is there any advice on what I could be doing wrong?

Metalliguitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey.

Just simple questions just to check the situation:
1- N3DS and PC on same network ?
2- Port 8000 open ?
2.5 - Authorized NTR in Firewall ?
3- Do you connect to N3DS when using the connect() command in NTR debugger ?
4- If yes, does the N3DS upper screen flashes pink when launching the remoteplay() command ?

EDIT : Some questions are obvious, but it sometimes help to click something to solve the problem yourself

Last edited by Metalliguitare,
Reactions: FanNintendo

Vendager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.

Just simple questions just to check the situation:
1- N3DS and PC on same network ?
2- Port 8000 open ?
2.5 - Authorized NTR in Firewall ?
3- Do you connect to N3DS when using the connect() command in NTR debugger ?
4- If yes, does the N3DS upper screen flashes pink when launching the remoteplay() command ?

EDIT : Some questions are obvious, but it sometimes help to click something to solve the problem yourself

1 - Yes
2 - Yes
2.5 - Yes
3 - Yes
4 - No it goes to green then blue

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will help you at all but did you press X and Y on your n3ds and then enable debugger? I was messing around with it yesterday and I realized that you have to do things in a very specific order. I'll tell you what I did and maybe it can help you find you what the situation is.

Prep work. (I'm copying and pasting this from the post I followed. It was very helpful so I think it can help you)

Requirements

Installing Nitro Stream

• Download the Nitro Stream.zip from the Github page
  • Extract NTRViewer from the NTR CFW Starterpack
  • Place Nitro Stream.exe and octokit.dll inside the NTRViewer folder

Now that the prep work is done we can start the process.

Turn on console.
Enable NTR 3.4
Wait for it to load back to home screen.
Press X and Y to bring up NTR menu
Click enable debugger.
If it says debugger enabled or it is already activated you are good.
At this point I would check your 3ds IP address and make sure it hasn't changed.. That happened to me and it's probably one of the reasons it wasn't working everytime. My 3ds ip address changed for whatever reason and I wasn't following steps exactly as needed. To check your ip address on your 3ds what I did was install and app called Fling on Android and I was able see my 3ds current IP address. So make sure you know the correct value. Once you've gotten the right number you can continue.
  • Open whatever game you want to play
  • Wait for it to pass Nintendo 3ds loading screen
  • Press home button but don't shutdown game
  • Launch Nitro Stream.exe from your NTRViewer Folder
  • Input your 3DS IP into the textbox and set the Quality of Service value to 101 (it says 101 but I find it personally works better for me at 20) so test and see what works best for you and your Internet connection.
  • For quality I have it set to 85 but you can play around with it.
  • Finally, click connect. The window NTRViewer should open on your PC and will have your N3DS streaming to it.
  • Click the home button again to re-enter your game
  • The streaming should be working now so if you are playing a game like pokemon or other games you need to hit Send Memory patch button
  • Once you are done that you should be streaming.
  • To stream audio, connect a male to male auxiliary cable from your N3DS to your PC
  • To record the stream, use a program like OBS or XSplilt
Hopefully this helps you. It's a very weird guide I know but it's what works best for me and these settings work for me.

I started using nitro because I found it worked better for me :)

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: FanNintendo

Vendager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the problem was actually my home network, a router was on its way out and needed to be replaced, it just died as I was redoing all the steps for the 10th time lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass