Hacking NTRBootHax vs Bricked N3DS, help required

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my consoles are EUR ones.
Fuck, I only have access to US files. Well, keep an eye out for a PM, I may send you instructions to do on your working console in order to revive the bricked one. I just need to do a little more research into exactly what files you'll need to extract from your working 3DS.

nelerneler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, just registered to mention I'm having the exact problem with @eworm. Googling gives no results as this hax has recently released and I guess there aren't many people who tried to unbrick their consoles.

I completed NTRBootHax with a R4i RTS Gold 3DS flashcart, did all the same steps as @eworm did and reached to "Failed to mount CTRNAND" error. I have read through the pages and have the same problems regarding Decrypt9WIP.firm, tried the suggested GodMode9 file check and gm9 script solutions, they ended up with no error, but still "Failed to mount CTRNand" error is there.

Unlike @eworm, my n3DS is USA, so we may try with it.

Last edited by nelerneler,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably no one cares but I resuscitated a new 3DS, US version, that I had previously accidentally ctr transferred to 2.1 Eur. Installed B9S with ntrboot and CTR transferred to 9.2 US with Decrypt9.
Awesome! Luckily it sounds like your CTRNAND was still mountable and still was able to save some files like SecureInfo_A and stuff that allowed the transfer to go through. Some people have such a borked NAND (such as updating a n3DS from 2.1 via System Settings) that not even Decrypt9 will transfer successfully. I'm working on something that may resolve that for these edge cases, it's currently in testing. But until it's released, Decrypt9 is still the recommended way for those it works for.

Natboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to this thread I was able to restore another 2.1 transfer causality using Decrypt9 and force restoring 9.2. Just wanted to say that does work!

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Essentially, I had to replace some files and restore some missing ones. @AnalogMan supplied them to me, along with the proper G9 scripts... This solution, along with the required files, is intended to go public in the (hopefully near) future and be added to The Guide. So if anyone else has a similar brick on their hands, patience. You'll get your solution.

nelerneler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Self update: PROBLEM SOLVED! :)

Future reference for those who may have the same issue:
b) attempting to launch Decrypt9WIP.firm is a failure - "0x05 KeyY: not found" (it skips this one) and 0x24 KeyY: not found (this freezes Decrypt9WIP and I can't do anything)

This was the problem with Decrypt9WIP for me, too.
According to the Decrypt9 readme, you may need aeskeydb.bin if it’s not pulling the keys right from the 3DS. That file has an MD5 hash of A5B28945A7C051D7A0CD18AF0E580D1B if you wanna google for it. Place it on the root of your SD card and try Decrypt9 again. If it works do another CTRNAND transfer.

Applying @AnalogMan's suggestion did not solve it, but actually that's the reason why Decrypt9WIP won't start. The solution: instead of placing aeskeydb.bin file to the root, place it into root/files9 folder, and that's it! After that, you can do CTRNAND transfer and return everything back to normal :)

Xxyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi,
I am having the same problem as the OP. I got the latest version of Luma, GodMode9 and Decrypt9 as well, all working. I followed the intstructions by @AnalogMan, it did not solve the problem. There is one thing i noticed, at the step where the OP was advised to run CMAC fix on some files,
/0001000F/00000000 /0001002C/00000000 /00010038/00000000 /00010032/00000000 /00010017/00000000,
my device is missing the first 4. Any advice where i can find these files to replace them? What are these files at all? Any help would be much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i am 16 but set my birthday to 9/11 lmao