Hacking NTRBootHax vs Bricked N3DS, help required

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can try to boot an emunand...
If he had a usable EmuNAND, he could have already restored that to SysNAND.

The problem is that the N3DS downgrade to 2.1 does weird voodoo bullshit to the NAND to make it work that is apparently not undone by GodMode9.

I'm not sure why Decrypt9 isn't working, but it sounds like d0k3 is working on allowing GodMode9 to fix this issue.

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The magic was putting all the keys into the files9 folder.

But we're not out of the woods yet. Autofix CTRNAND throws an error in my face, currently using the Auto Restore, we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by eworm,
Reactions: zfreeman and antiNT

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The magic was putting all the keys from <snip> into the files9 folder.

But we're not out of the woods yet. Autofix CTRNAND throws an error in my face, currently using the Auto Restore, we'll see how that goes.
I just looked through the source and it looks like should it fail to auto-fix, we can do a manual fix any way. Just need to recalculate the CMACs on the required files and rename the id0 folder to match that of your 3DS, which we can do all from GodMode9. Also, those slot keys are copyright, so may want to remove the link from your post and just say you needed all the slot keys instead of the compiled aeskeysdb.

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aaaand, "Auto CTRNAND Transfer: failed!"
Apparently it can't find SecureInfo_A?
Would "Forced CTRNAND Transfer" work?

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just looked through the source and it looks like should it fail to auto-fix, we can do a manual fix any way. Just need to recalculate the CMACs on the required files and rename the id0 folder to match that of your 3DS, which we can do all from GodMode9. Also, those slot keys are copyright, so may want to remove the link from your post and just say you needed all the slot keys instead of the compiled aeskeysdb.
Hey thanks for those keys boi been lookin for those

Reactions: Subtle Demise

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Link removed, but the further steps I'm gonna need some help with. Exactly what should I do in layman's terms? What are the required files and how do I recalculate them CMACs? Where is id0 and what exactly do I rename it to?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's try and do a manual fix. Boot into GodMode9. First, go to your SD > Nintendo 3DS folder. You should have a folder in there with a long name of alpha numeric characters. Post it here, it's not personal or anything.

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Huh.
Somehow I didn't realize that my Nintendo 3DS folder is empty. I dunno what happened to the "random sequence of numbers and letters folder", but that might explain some of the issues, probably.

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Huh.
Somehow I didn't realize that my Nintendo 3DS folder is empty. I dunno what happened to the "random sequence of numbers and letters folder", but that might explain some of the issues, probably.
I don't actually think it means anything

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh.
Damn, alright, well let's try fixing some files and see if the ID0 is fine. In GodMode9 go to 1:\dbs\ and press A on each of the files there and choose Calculate CMAC. If any say they don't match confirm to fix them. Once all of the files in there are recalculated try and see if it boots.

EDIT: Oops, also go to 1:\private\ and run the CMAC fix on movable.sed too.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
All the files passed without the need for fixing, booting doesn't work. But I wouldn't be surprised if some were just plain missing. Should anything besides certs.db, import.db, ticket.db, title.db, tmp_i.db and tmp_t.db be here?
No, I didn't ttry the forced transfer. Should I?

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the files passed without the need for fixing, booting doesn't work. But I wouldn't be surprised if some were just plain missing. Should anything besides certs.db, import.db, ticket.db, title.db, tmp_i.db and tmp_t.db be here?
I edited my post above because I did not want to interfere but you could try

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that's all the files. Did you see my edit about the movable.sed? Also don't do a forced transfer yet.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, movable.sed also passes no problem. It's the only file in the private\ folder, is that correct?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, movable.sed also passes no problem. It's the only file in the private\ folder, is that correct?
Alright, there's a few more that need fixing that are system save files which are not as easily accessible by GodMode9. One moment while I compile and check how to fix those ones. If they also pass without needing to be fixed then it's the ID0 folder name that needs to change, which D9 usually calculates but failed for some reason with yours. I'll need to research how else to find it since the folder is missing off your SD card (which was the easy way).

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is as good a time as any for me to thank you for your time and effort. I appreciate it a lot. Hopefully my example will help even more people in the future, not that I wish anybody to get such convoluted bricks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: