NTR Screenshot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kibido, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Kibido
    OP

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I read around that the only way to take screenshots is with this custom firmware. I'm on Gateway on a new 3DS though, and I'm not interested in anything else from NTR aside the screenshot function. Is there a way to merge the two? Or is it one or the other? Thanks, sorry if it might be a dumb question.

2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    You can install NTR as a .cia, launch it and then take as many screenshots as you want. Oh, and it works with GW - tested it myself.

Arithmatics likes this.
  3. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    You can use NTR within Gateway. You should be interested in other aspects of it though. Particularly the new clock speed plugin. It makes a lot of games far less laggy.

Arithmatics likes this.
  4. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Thanks!

Didn't know that, I'll try it out. Will there ever be a chance of these plugins evolving into some screen video recording thing? Or is that just not possible.

5. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Just curious, what are the useful functions for NTR besides screenshot and clock speed?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You're not interested in this? :)
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cpu-clock-configure-plugin-for-ntr-cfw-new3ds-only.398462/

Probably not possible, I doubt the 3DS is fast enough to record the screen without slowing down the game, if it can even record the screen at a reasonable FPS at all. Taking a screenshot is far from instant, and recording video would be the equivalent of taking at least 30 screenshots every second.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 30, 2015
  7. memomo

memomo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 30, 2013
    Cheat plugin

8. Kibido
    OP

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    Another stupid question, can I pop my cartridge in emuNAND and play it? And before I fuck up something, could somebody tell me briefly how to install NTR as a .cia? Thanks.

EDIT: I installed the .cia and then opened it with ntr.bin and it did it's thing, now how does it work? If I open it again it'll say ntr successfully loaded and crash...

EDIT 2: nvm, thank you everyone!

EDIT 3 :glare:: Sometimes it gives me "svc_controlMemory failed: e0a01bf5" and I have to hold down the power button, the fuck is that?

Last edited by Kibido, Sep 30, 2015