NTR CFW Cheats Plugins not showing

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kitkat, Sep 6, 2016.

1. kitkat
    OP

kitkat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Canada
    Hi,

I set up my NTR on my A9LH according to here https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-install-use-ntr-cfw-cheats-real-time-saving.427730/

I see the green flash when I boot up Awakening but it doesn't show the plugin folder when I press x+y? Can someone help me with this issue? I'm starting to think that I have to downgrade my firmware, which I really don't want to do because of how long it takes to reinstall the games... any help?

Config: NTR CFW Preview 2 3.4
    Firmware: latest
    A9LH
    [​IMG]

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You don't press x+y at this point, you need to actually start the game for it to work. The cheats will never show in that menu. Depending on the cheat, you may need to press x+y in game or press Select, etc. in game.

3. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That^ and some NTR cheat plugins use button presses instead of a menu so you never use the x+y function anyway.

4. kitkat
    OP

kitkat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Canada
    Sorry, I forgot to take the screenshot of it while it was actually in-game, but it's the exact same menu that pops up, when I press x+y in the game. To clarify, when I boot up the game and see the flash I see the bottom menu, and that's it, no cheats whatsoever. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

5. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    You'll have to look at the notes that came with the cheats (or google until you find them online). some folks just put in button presses instead of using the menu. so, for example, instead of selecting an option from that screen, you'd just press select+A while in-game to get max money.

But that'll depend entirely on who wrote that particular cheat file.

6. kitkat
    OP

kitkat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Canada
    I was thinking more along the lines of firmware restrictions, is it possible that it doesn't work on the latest firmware? All of my cheats are the ones that include the menu, so it should show up somewhere?

7. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Most if not all (in theory) cheats should work on the latest firmware, along with NTR.

8. kitkat
    OP

kitkat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Canada
    I am using a bootloader to load it, will that have any impact? And any steps on what to do next?

9. kitkat
    OP

kitkat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2016
    Canada
    anyone? pls help

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Where did you get these cheats from? What are you trying to do with Awakening?

11. musashi076

musashi076 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    same issue here. i followed and downloaded the plugins here
    http://ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins

System: O3DSXL A9LH 11.1.0

I'm targeting Project Mirai DX because i'm planning to use the Mix Edition but I tested it also on Super Mario 3D land. Azure Striker Gunvolt and Fantasy Life but it won't work.
    I only made it show on Fantasy Life.

12. Nanquitas

Nanquitas GBAtemp Addict

Sep 29, 2015
    France
    South of France :)
    1. Be sure you have the green flash when the game's starting
    2. If not, check the title id of your game and the folder you put the plugin into
    3. Generally the plugin's starts 5 seconds after the game was launched, so wait a little then try again
    4. If in the X + Y menu you don't have the game's plugin menu then press Select while you're in game
    5. If you still have nothing, check the plugin's note / release thread for further informations