Hacking NTR CFW 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
NTR CFW gives me an error when I try to boot the CIA.
"param is missing: ntrConfig->HomeMenuinJectAddr"
"unknown home menu"
I'm in GW mode with a 4.4 O3DS XL with 9.7 EmuNAND.
I repeat, this is my first time installing a CFW.

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, apparently i cant get it working.
i installed BOOTNTR.cia ,put ntr.bin in the root od sd card, started cia on Gateway emunand 9.5 and im stuck on this:
tIuWbP5.jpg

any help?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
79ee

It's said right next to the link.

Whoa, I opened the download page without google translate, noticed it dissables the password check button.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is possible to make a directory for screenshots?

D

Deleted-368796

so I still have a few questions that I am trying to clear up in my head.

1) Once you run NTR from Home Menu, are you loading into a CFW?
2) It seems there are several ways to go about this. Some peeps are using Pasta, and others are using GW. Can someone clarify?
3) Once you have emuNand setup with reiNand, does the console automatically boot into emu or sys? Or do you boot into emu using NTR?
4) When installing games to the emuNand, do you install to NAND or SD in FBI or BBM?
5) How do you update the emuNand to 9.5 only?

Sorry that is a lot of questions from me :) I jumped head first into the 3DS scene 4 days ago. LoL

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so I still have a few questions that I am trying to clear up in my head.

1) Once you run NTR from Home Menu, are you loading into a CFW?
2) It seems there are several ways to go about this. Some peeps are using Pasta, and others are using GW. Can someone clarify?
3) Once you have emuNand setup with reiNand, does the console automatically boot into emu or sys? Or do you boot into emu using NTR?
4) When installing games to the emuNand, do you install to NAND or SD in FBI or BBM?
5) How do you update the emuNand to 9.5 only?

Sorry that is a lot of questions from me :) I jumped head first into the 3DS scene 4 days ago. LoL
1) You load NTR CFW additionaly to your current CFW you are in.
2) I'm using NTR CFW on my sysnand 9.2 o3ds with Pasta in Sysnand, and it works just fine.
3) ReiNand boots you into EMUNand, NTR loads just applies some temporaly patches to your CFW.
4) ALWAYS install to SD, install only something to NAND if you are an experienced user, and you know what you are doing.
5) I think that works with that special updater. There are some tutorials on the forum.

Hope I helped you.

- Josamilu

D

Deleted-368796

1) You load NTR CFW additionaly to your current CFW you are in.
2) I'm using NTR CFW on my sysnand 9.2 o3ds with Pasta in Sysnand, and it works just fine.
3) ReiNand boots you into EMUNand, NTR loads just applies some temporaly patches to your CFW.
4) ALWAYS install to SD, install only something to NAND if you are an experienced user, and you know what you are doing.
5) I think that works with that special updater. There are some tutorials on the forum.

Hope I helped you.

Yeah, that helps. Thanks
1-2) I thought this, but the claim is we no longer need to carry around our physical copy of CN to use NTR. What am I missing here?
4) What if I accidentally installed a game to the sysNand? Will formatting the NAND erase that? It was actually an update file for a game, but ended up being for the wrong region. Shows up as a white tile when you first power on the console, then goes away. Can NOT see that installed update file in FBI or BBM.
Ended up DLing and installing another update that worked. Just dont know how to get rid of the other one I installed.

KeepPlanC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting "current firmware not supported" and "bnBootNTR failed" , does any1 know how to fix? im old3ds emunand 9.7

D

Deleted-368796

OH and one more quick question. (the one I came here to ask, then got sidetracked)

Why do you have to use Gateway to format sysNand? The Pasta CFW also has this option in its launch Menu.
Does Gateway do it better than Pasta?

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
OH and one more quick question. (the one I came here to ask, then got sidetracked)

Why do you have to use Gateway to format sysNand? The Pasta CFW also has this option in its launch Menu.
Does Gateway do it better than Pasta?
The one in Pasta in just a placeholder.

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can not boot NTR CFW from N3DS gateway emunand 9.5.
Unknown home menu error.
Kversion:02310000
Tried to create result.txt file to send to cell9 but pidf.dmp file is 0 byte!

PfBxrMi.png

Jh7fqyT.jpg

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
can not boot NTR CFW from N3DS gateway emunand 9.5.
Unknown home menu error.
Kversion:02310000
Tried to create result.txt file to send to cell9 but pidf.dmp file is 0 byte!

PfBxrMi.png

Jh7fqyT.jpg

I've had the same problem.
After turning off (not hard reset) and on again, it seemed to work.

Reactions: 20mark

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, that helps. Thanks
1-2) I thought this, but the claim is we no longer need to carry around our physical copy of CN to use NTR. What am I missing here?
4) What if I accidentally installed a game to the sysNand? Will formatting the NAND erase that? It was actually an update file for a game, but ended up being for the wrong region. Shows up as a white tile when you first power on the console, then goes away. Can NOT see that installed update file in FBI or BBM.
Ended up DLing and installing another update that worked. Just dont know how to get rid of the other one I installed.
1-2) I think if you have a new 3DS, the only way is Ninjhax right now. Or is something working with MSET right now? If you have an old3DS you could do something with MSET, I think you can do that with rxTools.
4) Do you installed it in sysNand, or in FBI as target NAND?

D

Deleted-368796

Do you installed it in sysNand, or in FBI as target NAND?

FBI target NAND I believe. Basically I did not know better, and just installed it to whatever the default location was when I ran FBI.
And I think the default shows NAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...