Hacking NSP to XCI, is there an easy method?

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod edit: the file that was linked here could be bitcoin mining malware. If you downloaded it you should delete it.

if the nsp has no ticket already it wont convert them though @Bigjokker anyway around that?

@Conex NSP_2_XCI_v2.0 - This one will convert NSP without tik file to XCI.

Program will not run unless setup correctly. With v2.0 after installing Python3 NSP_2_XCI.bat needs to be ran as administrator to install python dependencies.
To do this right click NSP_2_XCI.bat and select run as administrator.

Also place keys.txt in tools folder then Drag NSP onto "NSP_2_XCI.bat" to convert to XCI.

Requirments:
Install Python3
On the first run Right click "NSP_2_XCI.bat" and run as administrator
Place keys.txt in tools folder

**Update** Fix small bug in v2.0. If python dependencies installed correctly for you then no need to update to v2.1.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Conex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Program will not run unless setup correctly. With v2.0 after installing Python3 NSP_2_XCI.bat needs to be ran as administrator to install python dependencies.

Also place keys.txt in tools folder then Drag NSP onto "NSP_2_XCI.bat" to convert to XCI.

Requirments:
Install Python3

This will help for those random nsps we find online with no tik, thanks

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Requirments:
Install Python3
How come each time i use this i get a file 62kb no matter which file i try to convert?

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come each time i use this i get a file 62kb no matter which file i try to convert?

Not sure why? Worked fine for every NSP I ran.

First off did you install v2.0 as it will not run unless Python and its dependencies are installed correctly.

Second if thats working Open the NSP_2_XCI.bat with notepad++ and add "pause" (without the quotes) above "cls" on line 186. Then copy CMD screen and post it so I can see what it is doing.

It will look like this.
Code:
RD /S /Q "%~dp0tools\%filenam2%"
tools\bin\hacbuild.exe xci_auto tools\temp "%~dp0OUTPUT_XCI\%~n1.xci"
del "%~dp0tools\%filenam2%.nsp"
RD /S /Q "%~dp0tools\temp"
pause
cls
endlocal
goto :eof

Last edited by Bigjokker,

MrFrodo18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully converted Cities: Skylines. Now to see if Ninty bans my console for having a cartridge version of a digital only game!
---
Also, does anyone know if it's possible to merge an update with a game then convert it to xci?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have stated that I launched a nsp game while connected to the internet, and unless I have the worst luck ever, because I was playing the nsp and seen my wifi was connected, I exited the game, booted off, and tried the eshop, was banned. Literally minutes after the first time I connected to the internet after using cfw. But I must just be lying or something. You know, since that's not your experience.

Yeah, you should have mentioned that since it's an entirely different scenario to the one that you first presented.

I specifically asked what you meant by "going online." You said that you didn't leave the home screen yet you got an "instant ban." I highly doubt there are instant bans in the first place. Certainly not from being on the home screen with an internet connection. Launching NSPs with a connection might flag you, but that's not what you said.

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep an eye on XCI Builder by JRoad https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-builder.516977/page-9.

From what he's saying he has something coming soon to merge game,update and DLCs in XCI.
Not sure why? Worked fine for every NSP I ran.

First off did you install v2.0 as it will not run unless Python and its dependencies are installed correctly.

Second if thats working Open the NSP_2_XCI.bat with notepad++ and add "pause" (without the quotes) above "cls" on line 186. Then copy CMD screen and post it so I can see what it is doing.

It will look like this.
Code:
RD /S /Q "%~dp0tools\%filenam2%"
tools\bin\hacbuild.exe xci_auto tools\temp "%~dp0OUTPUT_XCI\%~n1.xci"
del "%~dp0tools\%filenam2%.nsp"
RD /S /Q "%~dp0tools\temp"
pause
cls
endlocal
goto :eof

I will try this as well. thank you

typographicman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me forever to create an account.

I had the issue where the generated file was 62kb.

I did what you said and was able to debug it. It's an issue with your Keys.py trying to parse keys.txt.

If the keys.txt that you're pasting in has special characters in it, then it throws an error. If you got your keys.txt from the same place that I did, then it'll have a bunch of special characters at the very top and throughout the documents to comment on what certain keys are. Just remove the comments and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: realg123

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Took me forever to create an account.

I had the issue where the generated file was 62kb.

I did what you said and was able to debug it. It's an issue with your Keys.py trying to parse keys.txt.

If the keys.txt that you're pasting in has special characters in it, then it throws an error. If you got your keys.txt from the same place that I did, then it'll have a bunch of special characters at the very top and throughout the documents to comment on what certain keys are. Just remove the comments and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!
Thank you!

Holden007001

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is a easy Drag and Drop bat file that converts NSPs to XCI.

Just drag one NSP onto NSP_2_XCI.bat and all NSPs in the folder you dragged it from will convert to XCI.

Requirements:
Python needs to be installed. I tested python 3 but 2 should work.
keys.txt needs to be in "tools" folder.

**Update** Fix small bug in v2.0. If python dependencies installed correctly for you then no need to update to v2.1.[/QUOTE

Sorry but I don´t get it to run. I installed Python 3. I put a keys.txt in "tools". After dragging the NSP to the Batch-File I get the error message: "Python is not installed. Download and install the Python"

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a easy Drag and Drop bat file that converts NSPs to XCI.

Just drag one NSP onto NSP_2_XCI.bat and all NSPs in the folder you dragged it from will convert to XCI.

Requirements:
Python needs to be installed. I tested python 3 but 2 should work.
keys.txt needs to be in "tools" folder.

**Update** Fix small bug in v2.0. If python dependencies installed correctly for you then no need to update to v2.1.
For some reason I am getting "python not installed" message. Python 3.7.1 is confirmed installed. I've also rebooted, in case thatr should change anything but it did not. Any ideas?

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sound interesting to me, but how about the game updates?!
Is it possible to add the updates to each XCI files or have i to install them as usual?!

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also am interested in knowing that, a full game + update + DLCs can be all joined together converted to XCI?

NSP is so cute, but I'm out of space for anything, I wanted Resident Evil Revelations 2 which is more than 20 GB... I tried only Revelations 1 alone and I had around 20GB and couldnt install the Revelations 1 which is 12GB and something probably because to install I need at least double (at least installing from Switch)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....