1. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Just notice that there was an update to Newer (1.2.0).

Used this tool with New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (v1.02) and the 1.2.0 files and it worked like a charm.

Thank you!

2. CaseyOmah

CaseyOmah Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Good to know they didn't add other files or patches. Honestly I lost all interest in keeping this project updated ever since the fall of rvlution.net When I had a fresh source of riivolution patches I was interested in advancing the project, if anybody has a current source (other than Newer team) for riivolution patches, I may finally make the updates.

3. RetroDarioGaming

RetroDarioGaming GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Is it possible to convert other nsmbwii mods into isos?

4. CaseyOmah

CaseyOmah Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @RetroDarioGaming Yes, and quite easy if you are using v1.06 (or above if I ever bother to update it) If you post a link to a valid Riivolution package I can write the plg (plugin file) to make it work seamlessly.

Permalink to Newest release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5likqbyyrp0czld/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip
    Release link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838975
    Plugin spec (if you want to go it alone): https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994

P.S. If you write a plugin, please post it here for everyone to enjoy.
    P.P.S. Working with RetroDarioGaming On making his mod work I found a constraint (bug) I didn't know existed before. URLs are not allowed to contain the "&" character, I may be able to add support, but I'm not sure for two reasons: 1. It may be a wget constraint, 2. Lack of interest in continued development (on my part)

Update 2018/08/30:
    - Okay, bug fix for 1.06 released today, updated to latest WIT by @Wiimm to solve FAST_CWD warning. updated to both permalinks, will not auto patch if you are already on 1.06
    - Also working with @RetroDarioGaming to add his Halloween plugin to the package once everything is solidified.

Last edited by CaseyOmah, Aug 30, 2018
    MassiveRican, markehmus and Brawl345 like this.
  5. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    The Retro Remix plugin seems to be causing problems, because it isn't listed (and the URL of Retro Remix is under the one from Newer). Removing the plugin fixes the issue with the wrong URL under Newer. Also you can change the banner URL to http://banner.rc24.xyz/ (so "http://banner.rc24.xyz/!mod.%mod.selected%.gameID:.=%R%!.bnr") and the banner download will work again.

EDIT1: Here is a plugin file for Newer Falling Leaf. I just used the patch file from Newer because I have no idea how these XMLs work. Seems to work, but I played only the first level. Also, there is no SFX folder so I deleted that line.

Last edited by Brawl345, Sep 20, 2018
    NonoCR and scooby74029 like this.
  6. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    I have looked everywhere to no avail and v1.2.0 will stack dump on usb loader help?

7. Alfio_Da_Italian_Nerd

Newcomer

Italy
    The link is dead. Can you reupload please?

CupcakesForDinne likes this.
  8. HoneyFlow4

HoneyFlow4 Newbie
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    When I try to use v1.6 after i pick 5, newer holiday special it downloads the mod and then says would you like to delete newer holiday special and i do not know how to get past it. Any help would be much apreciated.

9. oleguer

oleguer Member
    Newcomer

Spain
  10. Dante-K

Dante-K Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi, would it please be possible to make a WBFS/ISO file from the original NSMB rom and the riivolution patch for Ultimate super luigi WII? thanks for your time. (i would post a direct link to the site specifically the download but am unable to do so)

11. crl

crl Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I took a stab at this and managed to build a WBFS using the builder. I've loaded it but not yet played so YMMV. The cobbled-together PLG is at pastebin dot com slash 4sr9tKv9. Some notes:
    - I was unable to find a game ID for this so I made up something randomly. Surely this is a big NO but hey I wanted to play NOW.
    - Within the game ZIP the XML for Paper Luigi option needs to be removed from NewerLW.xml (delete the section <patch id="AvtCore">). Rezip as Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1b.zip.
    - since the ZIP needs to be modified before use I inserted a bogus URL in the PLG.

I will happily defer to anyone who does this properly and shares the PLG but I really wanted to play NOW.

Last edited by crl, Apr 22, 2020
    NonoCR likes this.
  12. Guynillou

Guynillou Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Do someone have the plugin or make it for these it would be awesome

-Ultimate super luigi wii
    -Deluxe super mario bros wii
    I cannot post link due to member status
    Thank you

NonoCR likes this.
  13. pearlfect

pearlfect Member
    Newcomer

i am so confused how do i use this
    i type the number for the patch i want to make, it downloads + extracts, then just asks me if i want to delete the mod's .zip before looping to the start. am i missing something? the .zip ends up corrupted with 0 bytes.

14. NonoCR

NonoCR Newbie
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    Brawl345 Thanks for the plugin, it works perfectly.
    I'm also looking for plugins for "Ultimate super luigi wii" and "Newer Super Luigi Wii: Dark Moon", crl plugin didn't work for me but i'm gonna give it another try and let you know.
    Thanx

Guynillou likes this.
  15. NonoCR

NonoCR Newbie
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    Still no luck with crl plugin, force close before ending Mod ISO Builder...

16. crl

crl Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I wonder what's not working. I built the game and have successfully played it to 100%. If the builder is erroring out, did you forget to remove the paper Luigi options in the downloaded source? I described the steps above. you can't run it against the unmodified download.

17. ScorpionforMKWII

Newcomer

United States
    Can you make a Super Luigi Land Wii plugin?

18. ScorpionforMKWII

Newcomer

United States
    Maybe make a universal plugin?

19. TheSacredWolf

TheSacredWolf Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm new to all of this, what do you do with the pastebin data?

20. SkeletonSmith

SkeletonSmith subscribe Skeleton Smith Gaming on youtube

United States
    I cant download it. Using mobile and the Mediafire was taken down, and the other links dont work. Do you have one ?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Builder, NSMBW,