CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Good to know they didn't add other files or patches. Honestly I lost all interest in keeping this project updated ever since the fall of rvlution.net When I had a fresh source of riivolution patches I was interested in advancing the project, if anybody has a current source (other than Newer team) for riivolution patches, I may finally make the updates.

Deleted member 442567

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Current version: v1.04
Updated: 2014-05-17
Fixed bug that broke Newer Summer Sun

Hello everyone,

A short while ago I posted a ISO Builder script that transformed Newer SMBW into an ISO form for everyone's convenience. Now sorry for the wait, but here is an evolution of that.

I present, NSMBW Mod ISO Builder :)

Here is the README:
Code:
NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.04
Builder by damysteryman/Team DARK
Powered by WIT v2.22c r4523 by Wiimm

Thanks to Treeki for info on NSMBW dol patching and ISO building
Thanks to Wiimm and Hoowahman for Batch file info and assistance
Thanks to AbdallahTerro for providing custom Banner DL Repository
Credits also to Wiimm for WIT, included in this pack
Credits to Bully@Wiiplaza for All Worlds Unlocked cheat hack,
which is used in Epic Super Bowser World
Special thanks to Wiimm for all his help on this, thanks man :)
Also uses wget from cygwin package
Also thanks to everybody who provided .dol versions and mod pack
files that I did not have

This will combine an ISO copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii
and riivolution-style packs of the following Mods:

- Newer SMBW            (by NewerTeam)
- Cannon SMBW            (by Leplap and Weland)
- Another SMBW            (by Skawo)
- Newer Summer Sun        (by NewerTeam)
- Newer Holiday Special        (by NewerTeam)
- Epic Super Bowser World    (by Leplap and Weland)

...to create a standard ISO/WBFS version of the selected Mod.

Should work with All EUR and USA versions, and JPN v1 version.
Except for Another, which only supports USA and EURv1.

HOWTO:
1. Extract contents of this .zip file to a new working directory.
Get your ISO of NSMBW, and copy it to the same directory as
this README file.

2. Copy the contents of the Mod you want (the riivolution folder containing its
xmls AND the folder of content along with the riivolution folder) to this same
directory as this README file.

3. Run Build_ISO.bat, follow its prompts and wait for it to build
the Mod ISO.

4. Use/run the newly built ISO/WBFS however way you would :P

5. Enjoy!

Generated ISO has Header GameID of:
Newer SMBW:        SMNx03
Cannon SMBW:        SMNx04
Another SMBW:        SMNx05
Newer Summer Sun:    SMNx06
Newer Holiday Special:    SMNx07
Epic Super Bowser World SMNx08

Where "x" is the letter for your base ISO's region (P for EUR, E for usa, J for JPN).

There is also an option to change the tmd/ticket ID of KMNx to keep savegames
seperate from the original game's one in Data Management.

Also, there is also to option to download a custom banner (.bnr aka
"Disc Channel" display) for the ISO/WBFS from AbdallahTerro's repository, or provide
your own. Your .bnr files go in the "banners" folder, with the Mod's GameID as its filename
(e.g. SMNP03.bnr for EUR Newer).

Known Issue:
.iso output seems to be bugged for some people, the resulting .iso is good for use
by backup manager to transfer to USB HDD, but trying to load it directly (via burned disc,
or emulator, etc.) seems to fail, unsure why.
.wbfs output file seems to work perfectly though.

Changelog:

v1.04
- fixed nasty bug that broke Newer Summer Sun

v1.03
- added support for Epic Super Bowser World
- cleaned up batch file some more
- more verbose messages in batch script
- added a check to make sure .bnr file is not a 0 byte corrupt empty file
- added links as references to which downloads were used to support each Mod
- added missing cygiconv-2.dll for wget to package

v1.02
- updated WIT to v2.22c r4523
- removed all traces of Mod Loader code from the patch .xml files, properly reads them
from the Mod contents now
- added support for user-provided custom banners
- added support to download custom banners

v1.01
- .wbfs output now creates a named subfolder for the game and names both
the folder and file as per "standard" convention (uses "\name [GAMEID]\GAMEID.wbfs")
- fixed Cannon and Summer Sun (stupidly left out one patch by accident)
- fixed Another when used with USA NSMBW as a base
- cleaned up batch file a bit, along with a few accidental mistakes

NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00
- changed name to NSMBW Mod ISO Builder since it does more than Newer
- added support for Cannon, Another, Summer Sun and Holiday Special Mods

v1.02
- fixed a small patch error in the EURv2 .ppf
- Added Base ISO Version Autodetect ability
- Added option for user to choose Save "Slot" instead of being always custom
- Improved .bat UI menus a bit, inc. Title Screen and Option Review Menu
- Added a check for the NewerSMBW contents folder

v1.011
- Fixed typo in .bat causing Titlescreen logo not to be replaced on
non-EUR versions

v1.01
- Renamed it from Patcher to Builder
- Added support for EUR, USA, and JAPv1
- No longer requires ISO to be an exact name
- Added ability to select output format from either iso or wbfs
- Changed generated ISO's GameID from SMNx02 to SMNx03 to avoid conflict with
another existing Custom NSMBW
- Fixed an error which would cause German and Dutch versions to break

v1.00
- Initial release
You provide it an valid NSMBW ISO (USA, EUR, or JPNv1), along with the Mod's files, both the content folder AND the riivolution folder that come from the Mod's package, run the script, follow the prompts to make your selection, and then let it do its thing.

I have personally tested with EURv1 NSMBW, with .wbfs on Dolphin, and with .iso run through WiiBackupManager on real Wii via USB Loader GX, and it seems to all work fine.

However, I tried testing .iso directly in dolphin, and via Disc Channel on burned disc (with d2pro modchip), and it seems to fail... unfortunately I do not know why atm... if somebody does figure it out, could you please post here?

Unsure if other configurations and situations will work fine, please report any issues here and hopefully we will be able to help fix them.

Download v1.03: (2014-05-17)
FileTrip
Mediafire

Enjoy!

Is it possible to convert other nsmbwii mods into isos?

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
@RetroDarioGaming Yes, and quite easy if you are using v1.06 (or above if I ever bother to update it) If you post a link to a valid Riivolution package I can write the plg (plugin file) to make it work seamlessly.

Permalink to Newest release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5likqbyyrp0czld/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip
Release link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838975
Plugin spec (if you want to go it alone): https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsmbw-mod-iso-builder-v1-00.349853/page-15#post-4838994

P.S. If you write a plugin, please post it here for everyone to enjoy.
P.P.S. Working with RetroDarioGaming On making his mod work I found a constraint (bug) I didn't know existed before. URLs are not allowed to contain the "&" character, I may be able to add support, but I'm not sure for two reasons: 1. It may be a wget constraint, 2. Lack of interest in continued development (on my part)

Update 2018/08/30:
- Okay, bug fix for 1.06 released today, updated to latest WIT by @Wiimm to solve FAST_CWD warning. updated to both permalinks, will not auto patch if you are already on 1.06
- Also working with @RetroDarioGaming to add his Halloween plugin to the package once everything is solidified.

Last edited by CaseyOmah,

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
The Retro Remix plugin seems to be causing problems, because it isn't listed (and the URL of Retro Remix is under the one from Newer). Removing the plugin fixes the issue with the wrong URL under Newer. Also you can change the banner URL to http://banner.rc24.xyz/ (so "http://banner.rc24.xyz/!mod.%mod.selected%.gameID:.=%R%!.bnr") and the banner download will work again.

EDIT1: Here is a plugin file for Newer Falling Leaf. I just used the patch file from Newer because I have no idea how these XMLs work. Seems to work, but I played only the first level. Also, there is no SFX folder so I deleted that line.

EDIT 2: Hello from 2023! You can get a fixed patcher with the above plugin and everything here: https://wiidatabase.de/downloads/pc-tools/new-super-mario-bros-wii-iso-patcher/

Last edited by Brawl345,

HoneyFlow4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When I try to use v1.6 after i pick 5, newer holiday special it downloads the mod and then says would you like to delete newer holiday special and i do not know how to get past it. Any help would be much apreciated.

Dante-K

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would it please be possible to make a WBFS/ISO file from the original NSMB rom and the riivolution patch for Ultimate super luigi WII? thanks for your time. (i would post a direct link to the site specifically the download but am unable to do so)

crl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, would it please be possible to make a WBFS/ISO file from the original NSMB rom and the riivolution patch for Ultimate super luigi WII?
I took a stab at this and managed to build a WBFS using the builder. I've loaded it but not yet played so YMMV. The cobbled-together PLG is at pastebin dot com slash 4sr9tKv9. Some notes:
- I was unable to find a game ID for this so I made up something randomly. Surely this is a big NO but hey I wanted to play NOW.
- Within the game ZIP the XML for Paper Luigi option needs to be removed from NewerLW.xml (delete the section <patch id="AvtCore">). Rezip as Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1b.zip.
- since the ZIP needs to be modified before use I inserted a bogus URL in the PLG.

I will happily defer to anyone who does this properly and shares the PLG but I really wanted to play NOW.

Last edited by crl,
Reactions: NonoCR

Guynillou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do someone have the plugin or make it for these it would be awesome

-Ultimate super luigi wii
-Deluxe super mario bros wii
I cannot post link due to member status
Thank you

Reactions: NonoCR

pearlfect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am so confused how do i use this
i type the number for the patch i want to make, it downloads + extracts, then just asks me if i want to delete the mod's .zip before looping to the start. am i missing something? the .zip ends up corrupted with 0 bytes.

NonoCR

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Brawl345 Thanks for the plugin, it works perfectly.
I'm also looking for plugins for "Ultimate super luigi wii" and "Newer Super Luigi Wii: Dark Moon", crl plugin didn't work for me but i'm gonna give it another try and let you know.
Thanx

Reactions: Guynillou

NonoCR

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Brawl345 Thanks for the plugin, it works perfectly.
I'm also looking for plugins for "Ultimate super luigi wii" and "Newer Super Luigi Wii: Dark Moon", crl plugin didn't work for me but i'm gonna give it another try and let you know.
Thanx
Still no luck with crl plugin, force close before ending Mod ISO Builder...

crl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no luck with crl plugin, force close before ending Mod ISO Builder...

I wonder what's not working. I built the game and have successfully played it to 100%. If the builder is erroring out, did you forget to remove the paper Luigi options in the downloaded source? I described the steps above. you can't run it against the unmodified download.

TheSacredWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a stab at this and managed to build a WBFS using the builder. I've loaded it but not yet played so YMMV. The cobbled-together PLG is at pastebin dot com slash 4sr9tKv9. Some notes:
- I was unable to find a game ID for this so I made up something randomly. Surely this is a big NO but hey I wanted to play NOW.
- Within the game ZIP the XML for Paper Luigi option needs to be removed from NewerLW.xml (delete the section <patch id="AvtCore">). Rezip as Ultimate Super Luigi Wii V1.1b.zip.
- since the ZIP needs to be modified before use I inserted a bogus URL in the PLG.

I will happily defer to anyone who does this properly and shares the PLG but I really wanted to play NOW.

I'm new to all of this, what do you do with the pastebin data?

SkeletonSmith

subscribe Skeleton Smith Gaming on youtube
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant download it. Using mobile and the Mediafire was taken down, and the other links dont work. Do you have one ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?